Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Maguire in the media

He has never convinced me on what I've seen on TV and the (far too) few games I can make.

Give him 2 seasons in the Highland League getting "physical" matches, see how many he plays or is fit to finish, see if his "performance" or goal scoring matches his ego. (By his reckoning it should be 60 a season doon there).

Then see if he's good enough for a start.

How many duff young stikers has AFC had through the years who are hailed as the next big thing then fade away out the game due to their obvious crapness? Bagshaw, Prunty, Michie, Stewart, Michael Craig take a bow.

Anyone else?

Andy Roddie - Bob Crampsey to this day claims that Roddie was better than both Jess and Booth.

I really don't like Maguire, as a player and as a person, all the hype got to him and he believed it, he has a silly face and an awful smile, even worse though his hair is shocking and he is pretty much a fanny when trying to tackle especially when he goes in like a fairy with his hands up in the air and only his tippy toes in for the ball.

Every time i see him in town i really have an urge to give him a huge rugby tackle just to see if it would toughen him up, i honestly think my mate is a better player but just hasna been found yet, my mate is a year younger than maguire yet fitter, stronger and a much better player, tactically and mentally.

The only thing i would say in defence of maguire is that in our best league performance of the season against utd at todders he played really well on his tod up front.  When i saw the line up i shook my head and shuddered but it all clicked together nicely that day.  I've not been to a game since january 2nd but i think the biggest problem for maguire is that he never seems to play the same position more than two games in a row.  Clearly though he's not doing himself any favours with his media comments.