Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Pittodrie...What Will You Miss Most?????

Canna mind which game it was, but being asked to sit closer together in the Beach End so they go fit mair fowk in!

Sitting at the halfway line in the SS when it was new.

The walk back up Merkland Road after (another) win.

(Mind you I hinna been in Scotland since 2011, let aloe Pittodrie)

In fairness, that could be down to the fact that at the moment it's an empty field...

ooocha, nobody is ever going to get a point across if the sentence includes the term "real fans".

there are a lot of memories to take from Pittodrie, opening the windows at home as a kid and hearing the roar coming from the ground. Knowing that my old man was going to have been part of that roar and that he was likely to be in a well happy mood when he came home. Sitting wanting to be there, to be part of that.

I grew up as the ground evolved. New stands went up, regular familiar features disappeared. The scoreboard, the gasworks, the bench seats, the Beach End. All sold to the fans as progress at the time but treated with an air of suspicion at the time.

We have a ground that doesn't hold sound, doesn't generate much of an atmosphere as it's generally carried away by a howling North Sea wind.

It's open and exposed to the elements, the seagulls are an absolute pain in the hoop if the mannie with the hawk isn't up on the SS roof.

it is what it is....old.

I have a pre and post match routine now, it's changed over the years. As a youngster it was double JD's for the price of singles from 12, maybe the strippers, maybe not. Bars changes, Starry, Belmont....kids came along so pre-match was restricted to a pint if I had time, a few less after the game.

By the time the new stadium is finally built, my routines and outlook as to what is important will have changed again. Transportation links will change, roads will have opened, traffic flows will be different, alternate solutions to getting from A - B will be in place. For a while we used to go to the Masada and get their bus to Pittodrie, no different to getting a bus from my next pre match bar to a ground. I've done it before, I'll do it again and look forward to something that might improve my days experience.

You have touched on a point i was going to make, for those worried about not getting a pre match swifter, sorry but thats just nonsense.  Surely it will be easy enough for the Masada,Kirkgate,Red Lion,Bobbin Mill,Pittodrie Bar etc' to lay on a shuttle bus to Kingsford.

For sure, Aberdeen F.C should be building a big Social Club/bar out there aswell.

I think this new stadium could well be a huge success if they get the amenities & acoustics right  & if anything our crowds will grow.

Sat in the Mainer with my eldest loon (18), but he has moved to S.S with his mates as have i. (Dads nae cool enough :dunno:

Actually in Sec.D i had great view, with no pillars in the way.

Elgin did you used to be on Ab Mad ?

Aye min,formerly elginred.Speak to myself about hills on here like I did over there    :thumbsup:.

Abmad was a great site at its peak,but I dont know half the folk on there these days(canna be arsed with half of those that are left now either tbh  :confused:).

Am i right in thinking you were Jackdon? Canna mind if you told us,or I worked it out?

A few of us migrated over here a couple of years ago....Rico,donsdaft,...and some others with different names.

The walk down Merkland Road East on the way to the game. I travel past the site of the new place everyday going to work and afraid to say I will never get the same feeling about attending it, it feels very soulless.

I went up to it a couple of times to see if it got any better. It feels so disconnected from Aberdeen it's never going to improve in that sense.

You have touched on a point i was going to make, for those worried about not getting a pre match swifter, sorry but thats just nonsense.  Surely it will be easy enough for the Masada,Kirkgate,Red Lion,Bobbin Mill,Pittodrie Bar etc' to lay on a shuttle bus to Kingsford.

For sure, Aberdeen F.C should be building a big Social Club/bar out there aswell.

I think this new stadium could well be a huge success if they get the amenities & acoustics right  & if anything our crowds will grow.

Nobody wants to drink 8 miles from the stadium and leave at 2pm. Bar planned is for 400. Terrible public transport links and extortionate drinks in a tumbler outside. I don't get the optimism.

Pubs hardly make money nowadays as it is so doubt very much any of them will manage to put on a shuttle bus.  I am sure fans pre and post game habits will have been far from the thoughts of the great and the good at AFC who thought up the stadium location.

I’ll miss the fact that I’ll not get the chance to go to pittodrie again. I only ever went once. Can’t believe once considering the amount of games I went to growing up, but being from Lanark I’d go to regular away games at Rangers Celtic Hibs Hearts Motherwell Hamilton Killie Dunfermline Falkirk Airdrie Raith, Hampden a bunch too, but getting my old man, a Morton fan, to drive further north than Perth was a stretch. I played the majority of Saturday mornings so traveling any distance wasn’t possible, then played while in college Saturday afternoons and then moved to the US.

3rd January 1998, beat Dundee Utd 1-0 with Windass scoring, fucking freezing too! I was 25, brought the girlfriend who became the ex wife from America to meet the parents, she was fascinated by the amount of Santa’s screaming fuck and cunt every 2 minutes.

Very envious to hear the pittodrie stories!

The only thing I will miss is I like sitting in the RDU, looking down on the pitch from up high and being able to look out at the city of Aberdeen. Pretty unique really considering not many other stadiums have a two-tiered stand at one end but not at the other so you can see the city (Motherwell, but view ain't the same).

Will lose that at Kingsford because no upper deck planned.

Other than that, I genuinely don't think there's much that can't be recreated at Kingsford. You'll find pubs in westhill, in future years they'll build around the stadium, we'll win games and create new memories.

As for the soulless comment another poster made. Well, it's an empty field, what are you expecting when you drive past? Drive past Pittodrie on a non-match day and what do you see? Apart from the people going in and out of the stadium it's a pretty quiet place with little happening. Maybe the odd golfer, the odd car or some seagulls.

The only thing I will miss is I like sitting in the RDU, looking down on the pitch from up high and being able to look out at the city of Aberdeen. Pretty unique really considering not many other stadiums have a two-tiered stand at one end but not at the other so you can see the city (Motherwell, but view ain't the same).

Will lose that at Kingsford because no upper deck planned.

Other than that, I genuinely don't think there's much that can't be recreated at Kingsford. You'll find pubs in westhill, in future years they'll build around the stadium, we'll win games and create new memories.

As for the soulless comment another poster made. Well, it's an empty field, what are you expecting when you drive past? Drive past Pittodrie on a non-match day and what do you see? Apart from the people going in and out of the stadium it's a pretty quiet place with little happening. Maybe the odd golfer, the odd car or some seagulls.

Why would someone open pubs in Westhill. Not going to survive on football trade twice a month. Especially when most folk will be forced to drive to new stadium so not going to be drinking.

Why would someone open pubs in Westhill. Not going to survive on football trade twice a month. Especially when most folk will be forced to drive to new stadium so not going to be drinking.

:rofl:

It's fucking nonsense, along with Park and Rides and new bus fleets and routes popping up to serve one location every 14 days.

There's pubs already in Westhill, which opened long before talk of a football stadium. There's plans to build thousands of more houses. Ideal place to build more amenities. Having a football crowd will be a bonus.