Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Neale Cooper

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was saying this on a Facebook discussion earlier, I remember it, he did a challenge on one if not 2 Aberdeen players a minute or so before, nothing was given, and I think Simmie was thinking next hun that comes near me with the ball is getting it.

It will be considered crass in some quarters to evoke truth or at least not ignore truth during a period of grieving - and I'm hurting big time tonight - but here's something younger people won't know;

Durrant was one of the most promising footballers Scotland had ever produced. His career was ended by that Neil Simpson assault. But it was Neale Cooper who inspired the assault through his sheer determination to win.

It was a determination that was pre-existing in his psyche but a will to win that his manager, SAF, didn't just recognise, but used to great effect.

Cooper was real. He gave his all on the pitch. He was programmed to fight and win and was so physically committed, he won more than he lost. They don't make them like that any more. RIP Nealie. Just a fantastic footballer and a perfect attitude in combat. We lost one of our best ever tonight. Love and respect.

May have missed it but can not recall seeing a tribute from Fergie on his passing.

Classy from Real Madrid though.

Ps Just remembered about the Fergie operation that would explain it.

I’m sure I read that Fergie had passed on a message through John Hewitt

But mentally, he never grew up. He was comfortable in the joker role but couldn't hold down lasting relationships, neither personally nor professionally. It is ironic yet fitting that his last act may have involved chasing skirt although tragic that he never found lasting love.

Aye really???

The guy was a legend to all of us and a good mate to a lot of us too, I find this part of your post insulting.

What's his private life got to do with any of us???? Especially guessing about his last few moments. No need at all for that.

Aye really???

The guy was a legend to all of us and a good mate to a lot of us too, I find this part of your post insulting.

What's his private life got to do with any of us???? Especially guessing about his last few moments. No need at all for that.

We are not going to fall out over this.

I kent him for over 40 years.

Let it go.

My abiding memory of Neale was in a game against Killie in the early 80's, might have been a cup tie?

Anyway, Neale and Killie's Derek McDicken have a pretty solid head to head collision in the middle of the park. Both are down, both go off for treatment. Couple of minutes later Neale is back on and, I believe finishes the game, McDicken is out for the count.

:thumbsup:

Great turnout last night, was a nice sunny evening for around an hour, lasted almost 3 hours.

Very emotional night & didnt realise how hero worshipped he was in Hartlepool.

Great to see pretty much all his ex team mates there , thought i was doing ok, until Joey started choking during his talk, that was me gone ::)  World will certainly be a poorer place without Tattie in it :(