Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Match Thread - Dons V Killie

Ball certainly had his best game in a dons jersey, nothing flashy just won his tackles and retained possession when required and played simple effective passes.

Still hasn't done enough to warrant us trying to make him a permanent addition in the summer but a few more performances of that ilk might make me change my mind

It's just as well we're not all the same.

I thought he was appalling.

Aye, really bad.

In the top ten worst performances I've ever seen in a red jersey bad.

Should have been taken off after half an hour.

Ball stood out today, as Mulumbu did for Killie. But for different reasons.

Those yellow boots never made a decent contribution the whole hour he was on.

I noticed GMS swapping wings with McGinn but didn't see who initiated it. I just assumed it was Niall who did as he used to do this with Hayes a lot. Nevertheless, I'm struggling to think of one positive thing GMS did the whole game.

Been given to McKenna has it not al?

Say the correct score was 20/1 and Rooney first scorer for AFC was 4/1. McKenna to score goal no. 2 for AFC might have been 33/1 and if we did get a third and it was McGinn, that could've been 66/1, especially that he hadn't started a match yet.

Given that Al has just pulled off a 239,000+ to 1 quadruple, give the guy a break!

Say the correct score was 20/1 and Rooney first scorer for AFC was 4/1. McKenna to score goal no. 2 for AFC might have been 33/1 and if we did get a third and it was McGinn, that could've been 66/1, especially that he hadn't started a match yet.

Given that Al has just pulled off a 239,000+ to 1 quadruple, give the guy a break!

Nah  ;D wonder if seebass had a cheeky flutter

Sounds like the jury really is out in ball as to whether he played well then too ! I read elsewhere that hulls third bid for McKenna was £700k . They can get fucked. Don’t want him going anywhere.

Mulumbu was the exact same against the huns before Christmas. Composure, makes the correct choices and is always in space.

Thought Ball was OK against the huns when he came on and did OK today. Not the quality we need going forward but not a fucking bombscare waste of a jersey.

Think I said in another thread £3million for McKenna, scrub that, if Van Dijk is worth £75 million this boy is going to be worth fuck knows how much.

Hull can fuck off, Villa can fuck off Big McKenna’s only interested in City, United, Barca PSG etc... and we’re only interested their type of money. ?

Horrendous first half. GMS was awful, never once tried to take his man on, instead he just opted to knock the ball back to Considine, he was similarly woeful.

Agree with tlg that Shinnie looked tired today; he was second to everything. It may be unkind to suggest that once again a left back in centre mid up against an actual centre mid in Mulumbu will struggle. But that's exactly what happened from early on. 

Fair play to the management team for turning it around at half time and it seemed like a different side that came out.  Was worried about the number of balls that came off Rodgers; i don't think he ever caught it first time.

McKenna was superb and i thought Arnason was very tidy when he came on. McGinn was tremendous. What a difference he makes to us.  He's a joy to watch.

he's also got a better strike rate than Nicky Shit already.....  :wave::D;)

Having now seen the match, I feel really sorry for McGinn, he goes and scores what would normally be a contender for goal of the season, but it's not even the best goal of the game.

An absolute joy to see him back in the team though, he's making a big difference already.  Logan and Rogers the other standouts for me (and McKenna, obviously). I can't even remember Ball, doesn't mean he was bad, just anonymous.

The goals aside though I thought the game was pretty poor overall, just glad we came out a different side in the 2nd half to the 1st.

edit: just read BB's post above mine, we must have the same cliche book  :laughing:

edit: just read BB's post above mine, we must have the same cliche book  :laughing:

But for the fact that there wasn't one cliche in his post.

You're totally correct about Considine bb. His regression has been alarming and easily explained by playing the vast majority of his games these last two plus years in the wrong position. It's been criminal what's happened to what was once potentially a good footballer and who was definitely shaping up to be better than the average SPFL.

Agree with you both that McGinn being back is a breath of fresh air. Even that turn and snapshot in the first half was something most of our donkeys wouldn't have had the imagination to try.

I’d be pissed off at Steve Clarke if I was a Killie fan. They absolutely dominated the midfield in the first half. Taking off a midfielder for a striker at half time was idiotic on their part. Probably wouldn’t have made much difference to the overall result though.

Unexpectedly wound up at the game, which during the first half was not a good move. We were on top until jones started running at us again and it looked like our wheels were completely off when they scored from very little.

Second half with McGinn running through the middle they were ripped to shreds. I'll give McInnes his due as I had a pop at his tactics vs the buns (as everyone did) but he got it spot on 2nd half.

Ball, Rodgers and McLean I thought played well all game. Ball looked like be could get stuck in and move Shinnie to lb - why he's not had more chances I'm not sure, he was solid without being spectacular. GMS and Logan turned up 2nd half. AoC, let's hope Arnason isn't done yet.

McKenna and Mcginn were top dons. Mckenna is everything you want in a central defender and sparked our revival. The complete antithesis of AoC. I can't add to his goal, speechless. McGinns will be overlooked, but a run from your own half and scoring is something special.

I think when May is back fit he'll kick on, he'll thrive off GMS and McGinns pace. Onwards and upwards as they say.

I'll give McInnes his due as I had a pop at his tactics vs the buns (as everyone did) but he got it spot on 2nd half.

The problem with giving credit where it's due - even though this is the fair and the proper thing to do - is the danger it creates by extending the shelf life. I've seen enough of McInnes over five years to know that he's not our man.

Edit: I can imagine some thinking like it's got anything to do with online posters. I wasn't talking about that. I'm talking about simple decision-making. After five years, the majority of AFC fans don't want McInnes out. They've not made this decision. Some are now at least questioning him and seeing his fuck ups but some of us, a small minority want rid of the cunt, having already seen enough over a more-than-reasonable time period to have made our decision. If the majority want the manager gone, he will be gone. Fuck it took them long enough to see how shite Calderwood was.

Sitting at h.t, thinking we would never score, but big improvement in 2nd half.  Decent enough crowd considering midweek travesty.

Bit of a stramash ;D at 1st dons goal, but the next 2 were stunners, couldnt believe big Scott's shot & great run by Niall for 3rd.

M.o.t.m was probably McKenna but Kenny McLean wasnt far behind. 

Hopefully take care of County away in midweek :thumbsup:

33pfz0k.jpg

Had £17 on Niall McGinn Anytime Scorer (3/1) too so winnings certainly paid for our two day trip.  Thoroughly enjoyed that second-half fightback as based around opening 45 minutes never saw it coming.  Games like yesterday are so satisfying more than say hammering a team 5-1 after being five ahead and them getting said late consolation as it goes to show cats can be skinned in more ways than one!!!