Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The proposed new stadium

Guest Caroline B

Why not?

It's due to be upgraded to an electric line somwtime in the next 3-400 years?

If you look at the length of time it's taken to build the new Stirling to Alloa line and the Bathgate line, places where the majority of it was on the previous line, and for important commuter links, then I doubt they'll be moving the line just to accommodate AFC. What's wrong with buses? They already run a P&R scheme, it could work just as well, and there's the potential for a lot of carparking to be available up there too.

I'd prefer Cove too to be honest, down at the beach, space will always be limited, out at Cove, we have the option to build training/youth facilities next to the stadium, even a hotel, office, etc, if needed.

If we can build a great looking stadium, it will look fantastic as the first thing you see when you approach the city from the south.

That's a good idea, thing is aswell in cove they could even  build a small railway station, there is plenty room for it and you can run small trains to and from the city to the ground if it was to be built there.

I'd prefer Cove too to be honest, down at the beach, space will always be limited, out at Cove, we have the option to build training/youth facilities next to the stadium, even a hotel, office, etc, if needed.

If we can build a great looking stadium, it will look fantastic as the first thing you see when you approach the city from the south.

Totally agree, and I live within walking distance of the beach.

If you look at the length of time it's taken to build the new Stirling to Alloa line and the Bathgate line, places where the majority of it was on the previous line, and for important commuter links, then I doubt they'll be moving the line just to accommodate AFC. What's wrong with buses? They already run a P&R scheme, it could work just as well, and there's the potential for a lot of carparking to be available up there too.

Train's are more fun, just think of the train to the grounds in Athens/Berlin/Munich/Madrid, or even Ibrox. It'd only take 5 mins at the most to reach Cove on the train, a non-stop line of busses would take forever.

We're getting as whole new train station built right now, why not have useful links from it? Another one to the Airport perhaps, but the chances of any of this happening are slim. It wouldn't take much effort to have a short line going from the main line south to get to a new stadium anyway.

Either you are naive, or you're fishing.

Would that be the new station I've been in twice this week and looks exactly the same?

Ok then?

But you may have noticed, they've not finished it yet.

They've moved the ticket office, all the shops, the left luggage bit, the taxi rank, and they're building a new massive shopping centre & cinema next door & a new bus station?

Hardly a whole new station being built though is it? It's refurbishing existing facilities.  Bus station/cinema/shops nowt to do with trains to Cove though. The new bus station could cope with the extra buses on a Saturday though. :thumbsup:

There will not be a train link to Cove built because Aberdeen have a stadium there, nor because 'trains are more fun'. Fact.

I think that's looking at things very optimistically.

Training facilities etc would cost money. Council aint going to cough it up.

Same goes for a new railway station. I'd love to be wrong here but no fucking chance.

Personally I love having Pittodrie down at the beach and I don’t want that to change. Also, sticking it on the southern edge of the City just panders to the opposition!