Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland - England

just a little bit of luck and better team choices and we would've been qualifying already.

Least Strachan has learned.could be too late though.

:(

And in further news if my Auntie Mabel had a set of ball she'd be my Uncle Bob

Regarding Strachan, I very much doubt he has learned a thing, arrogant little prick that he is.

My interest in the national team would dramatically improve just by his removal from the managers job

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much better than that.

Just wish we played them (England) more regularly. Some sort of friendly trophy every two years.

A lot of the stone island squad were wondering about Glasgow looking for trouble on Sat but none of them had a ticket - but there was no trouble and atmosphere in Glasgow after game was fanstastic.

Only near miss was someone throwing a whiskey bottle at Harry Kane's head!

To reply to N&T, just cos I had my usual moan about that squad and wasn't slavering patriotic fervor before the game doesna mean I dinna care.

I'm as Scottish as the best of them, unfortunately, over the recent few years, ridiculous squad selections and tactics from managers have made me lose interest. Even though the only way I could watch it live was on a Spanish language channel, I was still jumping up and down & yelling abuse at the defense for both goals.

Southgate saying Engerlund totally dominated the game?.

Ffs. What game was he watching?

For a start, we were all over them first half and just didn't take any chances.

What game were you watching?

We were all over them in the first 10 minutes then we dropped off them and it was a stroll for England in terms of possession, even though they didn't do much with it.  Scotland had nothing and Griffiths was isolated due to how deep his team mates were.  That was the story in the second half and the only surprise was how long it took England to get the first.  As for Scotland being a very good team now... I don't see that at all. They certainly can't rely on free kicks to save them each time and other than that they created little.

85 minutes of that game were absolutely brutal, an amazing finish but that was mostly a fucking grim game of football, as most internationals are these days.

What's wrong with not doing that?

You can be disheartened or disinterested in Scotland all you want.

Personally I don't understand why you wouldn't get excited about one of the greatest footballing rivalries and fixtures in the world and support your team.

If you love football which I presume we all do here then why not?

I don't get the criticism of someone loving their national team that's all.

For me (and it's a cliche), it's Hunnish as fuck.

I'm not pointing the elbow at anyone in particular here but there's definitely a general consensus amongst dons fans that it's somehow wrong.

Just don't get it .

But as I said, ah well.

I enjoy it so.

You can be disheartened or disinterested in Scotland all you want.

Very good of you.

Personally I don't understand why you wouldn't get excited about one of the greatest footballing rivalries and fixtures in the world and support your team.

You can support the team without being overcome in "slavering patriotic fervour", can you not?

For me (and it's a cliche), it's Hunnish as fuck.

You can get to fuck with that shite.

Personally, I would like to see Scotland do well but it puts me neither up nor down the way supporting Aberdeen does. As soon as a Scotland game has finished the TV is off and I move on.  Several reasons for this - in a football context, the SFA has shown to be a corrupt organisation which leans towards helping certain sides in our country.  Aberdeen have had a series of players over my lifetime who have been unjustifiably ignored by the SFA when it came to squad selections.

Outwith the sporting aspect of it... you're just born here, no say in it and it is a fluke of nature, you're born on one side of an arbitrary line drawn by someone hundreds of years ago, more or less. That you should attach anything more to it than that is entirely up to yourself, but it's not for me. 

As I said, I want them to win, but that's all it is.  The rabid nationalists freak me out a bit but what they do is their business and if they're happy with how they are then good on them.  But I'm certainly not accepting being called a hun by anyone.

Forgot to say, Craig Gordon was embarrassingly bad.

That game had everything we are famous for going back decades. They used to laff at Scottish goalkeepers and glorious failure is in the national team fitba DNA.

Gordon might have had a semblance of an excuse with the sun in his een but by fuck it exposed his lack of balls/bravery.

If you love football which I presume we all do here then why not?

I have a wee problem with this. Much like the huge over-stating that goes on around the "Old Firm" games, I think the Scotland v England game is being hugely over-stated here (by you!). I think it's very much a fixture of the past, and has lost most of its appeal due to the stagnation of Scotland (and to an extent, England) over the last 20 years. I suspect few people outwith the British Isles give a fuck about it either, whereas it probably used to get a lot of attention due to the quality of player on show from both sides. Same as the old firm shite, I don't believe in dragging up the past to support a current argument, the fixture simply isn't one of the greatest fixtures in the world. In fact, it's probably no greater a rivalry now than that of the other two teams in our group: Slovenia and Slovakia. Spain v Portugal, France v Belgium, Germany v Holland, Brazil v Argentina etc etc are all miles bigger fixtures these days. We're probably akin to something like Northern v Republic Ireland in terms of quality of fixture.

That's not to stay it isn't important to Scotland, however, I was more excited about the recent Poland and Germany games than I was the Engurland one (although I was at those, which helped). Similarly when we played Spain under Levein. I think clinging to games like the England one takes away from our overall goal for tournament qualification. The glorious failures (not that Saturday was failure) and occasional great performances against the bigger sides aren't something I can get excited about. I attended the Lithuania game at the start of the qualification with the intention of going to most of the games this campaign, but was appalled by the attitude of the management. Those are the games that are more important to me.

There is no comparison with Lithuania v Scotland, Ukraine v Scotland - Scotland v England is the biggest rivalry in the world of football.  Bigger than Celtic v Rangers, bigger than Milan v Inter bigger than any of them.

I have 40+ years of following Aberdeen including Gothenburg, including Bayern, Waterschei all cup finals since 76.

Only Waterschei, Ullevi and Bayern came close to matching the passion on Saturday at Hampden.

If you downplay Saturday v England you obviously were not there to see it or feel it. 

Its the best atmosphere I have felt in a football stadium since Ullevi.  Incredible noise, passion, rivalry - everything football should be.

Of course there is always Aberdeen v Ross County on a Wednesday night but lets not discuss that shite......

Aye you are right.

It seems Scotland is north England these days.

Tories Huns and hatred for a lot of Scottish traditions.

You'll find plenty of it n these Aberdeen forums.

Pretty sad really.

It is sad. And I don't blame the fans one bit. I couldn't/can't even bring myself to watch the national anthems. To stand with or watch almost 50,000 fans belting out a song that advocates independence whilst 55%-60% of them voted no is not something I've been able to successfully put to the back of my mind enough to allow me to watch a team full of mostly pea-hearted cunts (who appear embarrassed when the national anthem plays) being managed by a fucking cretin whose mediocrity is deemed acceptable by the inept bell-ends at the SFA. The fans can and will only put up with so much. If your shite threshold is higher than mine then that's great and more power to you. But despite my apathy you can rest assured that I fucking hate the Tories.

I remember when we beat Holland in 2003 I was absolutely ecstatic. (Until the second leg) I didn't throw away my passion for Scotland football club. It was stolen from me. Although my passion for my country as a whole is very much still burning. I was fucking embarrassed when we had the cheek to stand in Ibrox singing flower of Scotland whilst a hun waved a "Scotland is British" flag at us when in all likelihood more of us voted no than them.  ::)

As for the game itself.. I did watchit. Most of it. I was doing some work in my Dad's house at the time so missed the 1st part of the 2nd half. Scotland started off well but then England came back into it. Next to fuck all happened in the 1st half. I think a draw was a fair result but obviously it felt like a defeat. Craig Gordon was fucking hopeless. A performance I'd expect from Jamie Langfield. As someone else has said Thumb was the one who I felt sorry for.