Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland - England

Was just checking out the Hampden goals video from the daily record.

Was there in '85 when Gough scored right in front of me and the mates. Brilliant win in a terrible pishing down day.

Anyone else seen us win against Engerlund?

I think we can get a result against these bastards.we must get our defence in order.

COME ON SCOTLAAAAAANDDDDDDD

Seen us win in 85 at Hampden and at Wembley in 99. Seen us get a 0-0 draw at Hampden in 87 as well.

Sadly seen us lose far more often and expect another loss on Saturday.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure jute.

It's at Hampden for a start so we get some advantage but I think we will get a draw or maybe a 2-1 win.

I honestly think this could be the match a lot of things click and we get the run of the ball for a fucking change.

We have actually played some really nice football despite everyone looking at only the results (which is understandable).

And the team has changed at long last. New defenders and a few strikers who can actually score against decent teams.

(Not the likes of Fletcher)

I'm expecting Griffiths to score.

Come on lads...I cannae fuucking wait tbh.

I just canna get excited about it. Remember in the mid 70s as a young loon growing up in a town which had a sizeable guff population due to it having dedicated housing for RAF and Navy personnel based at Leuchars and Rosyth. For 2 weeks beforehand it was all we could think about. On the morning before the game 76,77 and 78 we would organise a game against the English kids.....10 half time 20 the winner. Scotland always won comfortably....and the big team won 2 out of those 3 years ana.

Not even sure I'll watch tbh

I just canna get excited about it. Remember in the mid 70s as a young loon growing up in a town which had a sizeable guff population due to it having dedicated housing for RAF and Navy personnel based at Leuchars and Rosyth. For 2 weeks beforehand it was all we could think about. On the morning before the game 76,77 and 78 we would organise a game against the English kids.....10 half time 20 the winner. Scotland always won comfortably....and the big team won 2 out of those 3 years ana.

Not even sure I'll watch tbh

Similar memories.The flags were out for weeks after some of those games.Only game I got to was the '86 Gough game,but,unfortunately havnt watched any of the last few years games(gloryhunter that I am    :razz:)

What are we going to sing at them?

"We vote Tory more than you"

:rofl:

I'm beginning to think that I'm the only Scot left in the world and I don't even live there.

Internet is bringing me down.

I need to go back and have a few pints with people who still love our country.

Anyway, I think we have some great talent in the team who can prove we aren't shite.

2-1 Scotland.

Armstrong and Griffiths.

Kane for them ...but goes off injured.

I also use the self-protection strategy of feigning disinterest when I'm certain that the result will be averse.

But I will be watching and hoping. The fact I despise Strachan, McGoo et al at the SFA invokes contradictory emotions.

Feel the same.  Lose and we get rid of Strachan, even with a draw surely he wouldn't do a "May" and "hang on for the good of the country".  But I just can't want Scotland to lose,  so fingers crossed we sneak a win somehow.

I see why the tories got in ...in the N.E..

What tha fuck is wrong with everyone????

Its a classic fixture win or lose.

This is what the very fucking heart beat off fitbaw is all about.

Im passionate as fuck about this as always.

Yeez all need a kick up the erse especially after the tory fucks and May doing shit to our beautiful country.

Fuck Engerlunds fitbaw teqm.

Lets get intae these hun fucks!!!

Come on SCOTLAAAAAAAND!!!!

I see why the tories got in ...in the N.E..

What tha fuck is wrong with everyone????

Its a classic fixture win or lose.

This is what the very fucking heart beat off fitbaw is all about.

Im passionate as fuck about this as always.

Yeez all need a kick up the erse especially after the tory fucks and May doing shit to our beautiful country.

Fuck Engerlunds fitbaw teqm.

Lets get intae these hun fucks!!!

Come on SCOTLAAAAAAAND!!!!

This one's a meaningless fixture because of Strachan's utter incompetence ensuring our failure to qualify is pretty much guaranteed already.

In general, the fixture is vastly diluted by the fact that Scottish fitba is entirely irrelevant in England. Few of our players play in their top league (or top of their top league anyway) and any rivalry was lost at the turn of the century at the point we failed to qualify for tournaments.

Even in this country, there's little interest. The mass of EPL-lovers probably have no idea the game is on. Added to this is the fact that it's taken us to play England for a Scotland game to actually be shown on cooncil telly. Naebidy's that interested.

I'll watch it like, through gritted teeth. The Lithunia game (and the travel home from Hampden listening to the little cunt on the radio) was the last straw with that ginger fuck. Anyway, I hope we win, obviously, but our game is in the position it deserves to be in this country and it's unsurprising naebody gives a fuck.

Meanwhile, the rugger poofs are playing some phenomenal rugger against Italy in a sport that we seem to be actually decent at.

Hardly meaningless.

So what strachans in charge.

Its ur fucking country ffs

I just gave you a bunch of reasons why folk might not feel quite the same as you, I'm not criticising yer attitude in any way. It's meaningless in terms of qualification, when it very much shouldn't have been.

Anyway, you don't even live in the country yer so passionate about... :thumbsup:

How can it be meaningless when a win or a draw gets us back in contention to go to a World Cup potentially.

That's just silly.

And I may not live there now but what's that got to do with anything.

I have more passion for the team than most Aberdonians it seems.

Even Abmad is Hunnish as fuck and don't even have a thread for it.

Says it all really.

Tory fuckwits

How can it be meaningless when a win or a draw gets us back in contention to go to a World Cup potentially.

That's just silly.

And I may not live there now but what's that got to do with anything.

I have more passion for the team than most Aberdonians it seems.

Even Abmad is Hunnish as fuck and don't even have a thread for it.

Says it all really.

Tory fuckwits

It must be something about living in abroad that gets people emotional about Scotland nowadays. Its not just Aberdonians who don't give a fuck about the national team, most other areas feel the same, blame the SFA and years of ineptitude in running our game for the lack of interest in it.

North Britain v South Britain.

That's the facts until the Scots eventually have the stomach for independence.

At least half that Tory vote came from folk desperate not to have another independence referendum.

This was an answer for Nips ( if he hasn't spontaneously combusted)