Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs County

Good 3 poins despite several players being off form, McGinn & Rooney especially.  Ross County big, strong, difficult team to break down. Top players for me, Jack,McLean,Considine & Taylor,  though Storey did well when he came on as sub.

Rooney disappointing me greatly these days,missing countless chances & not at the races generally. Another disappointing home crowd especially as the weather was decent.

Good 3 poins despite several players being off form, McGinn & Rooney especially.  Ross County big, strong, difficult team to break down. Top players for me, Jack,McLean,Considine & Taylor,  though Storey did well when he came on as sub.

Rooney disappointing me greatly these days,missing countless chances & not at the races generally. Another disappointing home crowd especially as the weather was decent.

He may not be playing at his best, but he still knows how to get a goal, I thought he had a decent game yesterday

Rooneys a tough one at the moment.Off form,but still bagging goals.I think chopping and changing with Stockley early season maybe knocked him off his stride a bit,if not his confidence,so theres an argument for keeping him in there permanently,in the hope he also regains form,

But, we struggled/were fortunate against County tbh.Would having Storey or similar,on from the start have caused them more problems? Looked like we needed more pace,movement,and one twos to work thru County to me.We got away with it yesterday,but County created the better chances IMO.Definitely scope to improve how to play these type of games

ps the highlight is up  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/39097339

The goal summed up the game - a scrappy one off Rooney's shin.  He fluffed a really good chance before half time and McGinn did the same late on.  The sponsors gave Jack MOTM and I agree - along with McLean he ran that game.

I would have hooked Rooney at h.t if Stockley had been fit, he is just not at the races, his 1st half miss was diabolical.

Was right behind McLean for the penalty claim, looked a stonewaller all day long.  My refereeing local publican (and not a dons fan) was puffing at the simplicity of the penalty call. Yet commentator gave it not.much review and not mentioned at all in the studio on sportscene

Cunts

Typical sportscene. Does anyone really watch it anymore? Last time I watch it was embarrassingly poor.

Have to say, from the highlights its hard to see Rooney is struggling, he's being pretty audacious with his efforts. But that effort in the first half was woeful. no excuses for that at all. If he's scoring goals, I don't think anyone can really complain. Glad to see jack and McLean continuing to impress. All in all, a very good weekend! Is the Hamilton game on Tuesday on TV?

Worth mentioning, Saturdays goal was his 99th for the Dandies :AFC:

:ultras:  :ultras:

Sorry min, nae quite right there.  It was his 99th goal in Scottish fitba, he scored 44 for ICT. ;D

Actually, yer both wrang.

It was his 55th league goal for the Dons. his 73rd goal in all competitions for the Dons, his 99th Scottish league goal (for Dons/ICT), his 118th goal in Scottish fitba (126th if you include European matches) and his 163rd career goal.

Hope that clears it up for you. ;)

Sorry min, nae quite right there.  It was his 99th goal in Scottish fitba, he scored 44 for ICT. ;D

Actually, yer both wrang.

It was his 55th league goal for the Dons. his 73rd goal in all competitions for the Dons, his 99th Scottish league goal (for Dons/ICT), his 118th goal in Scottish fitba (126th if you include European matches) and his 163rd career goal.

Hope that clears it up for you. ;)

To muddy the waters a bit AFC Heritage have him on 74 in all competitions.

http://www.afcheritage.org/Team/CurrentSquad/player_show.cfm?player_id=6886

To muddy the waters a bit AFC Heritage have him on 74 in all competitions.

http://www.afcheritage.org/Team/CurrentSquad/player_show.cfm?player_id=6886

Hemmin, Soccerbase have got him down as 8 European goals total, AFC Heritage have him as 9.  It's an SPFL conspiracy.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=43228

Edit:  I checked, and as far as i can tell, the problem is the Aberdeen-Fola Esch game on 30th June this year - it was scheduled so ridiculously early that it started outside of Soccerbase's definition of a Scottish season (beginning July), so they didnae include it, or the 97th minute penalty Rooney scored.

:rofl: