Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Killie v Dons

Dont get this at all, awful will have been out of sorts McGinn & the woefull Rooney.

I don't disagree at all but compared to how they usually play, our back line looked nervy, uninterested and not at the races. Every one of them almost cost us a goal.

Rooney was wasted out wide, but i'll admit, he did fuck all anyway. he really needs to find some form.  I was hoping Wednesday might spur him on.

Well, this is what we were like a couple of years ago, never thought we were out of it until the whistle. The good run began with DM playing a settled and same team after the cup final. Reward wins with the same team, did that with Christie today. Still think stockley and pawlett are best off the bench, come in and apply effort they'd just not be able to maintain for 90 mins.

Win while playing poorly is the sign of a good team. Starting to believe. Rooney and Shinnie extend, the drama of Hayes then DM, has this bonded the team? Hopefully McGinn resigns and we push on for second and a cup win to finish the season strongly for once!

OK here is my take.on matters.

Should have been in front but Killie keeper pulled off a point blank save from McGinn but end the half a goal down. First half had been so poor entertainment I took to live chat on here. Too many in red failed to turn up today. Jack led by example, McLean, Considine and Taylor were ok, but Rooney, McGinn and particularly Hayes looked completely out of sorts/not interested. Logan switched off before ball crossed at their goal

Second half was hard going. Dallas decision making became more and more bizarre. With ten minutes to go, I would have snatched your hand off for a point. Enter Miles Addison who changed the game in our favour. Couple of great bounces at the goals. Great turnout of 1000  plus Dandies. All things considered what with Newco result, turned out a good day for us.

Sign of a good team that can play poorly and still get a result.

Very mixed performance but one thing I would add was that Killie looked really solid and very well organised, Gary Dicker in particular was a real driving force for them.  He's out of contract at the end of the season too, could be worth a look though he is 30. 

I think there was possibly a wee bit of a hangover from midweek both in exertion and euphoria from our point of view.  As has been mentioned Jack had a great game though I think some of the criticism of Hayes and Mcginn is a little harsh.  That said with two goals in 40 minutes of gameplay PeePaw must be pushing for a start, he was excellent when he came on and i would defo consider giving him Mcginn's place after 2 fairly quiet games in a row. 

Despite looking a little shaky at times this is a really good win to get, I'm particularly chuffed for Stockley who is looking a pretty good find at the moment. 

I don't think we were poor, not brilliant, but certainly not poor. We were never, ever going to repeat the performance against Motherwell on Wednesday and KIllie are in a decent run of form and with a new (scumbag) manager in the hotseat, so this had the potential to be a horrible day and it looked that way until late into the game, but we have a new found resilience about us and DM is making game changing substitutions which was something he has never really managed to due during his tenure until fairly recently and has been great to see.

It would have been hard on us to leave without at least a point, but to get the three was very, very sweet considering who their manager is and by the way, what the fuck was the inbred chunt doing wearing gloves on the touchline?  Real hardman stuff.

There are so many positives to take from our performances at the moment and it is a good time to be a red.

Let's not talk about changing the line up too much. 9 wins in 10 suggests we've got it right. Our run started when DM stopped fanning around with lineups. I would have brought Shinnie in but understand keeping the Motherwell lineup. Always a challenge to play well after such a spectacular result so let's not jump to silly suggestion time. Unless we have injuries I'd say Shinnie's in from the start for Christie next weekend, all else sticks. Good that Pawlett and Stockley did well today and of late but this team has produced over the last 2 months.

Let's not talk about changing the line up too much. 9 wins in 10 suggests we've got it right. Our run started when DM stopped fanning around with lineups. I would have brought Shinnie in but understand keeping the Motherwell lineup. Always a challenge to play well after such a spectacular result so let's not jump to silly suggestion time. Unless we have injuries I'd say Shinnie's in from the start for Christie next weekend, all else sticks. Good that Pawlett and Stockley did well today and of late but this team has produced over the last 2 months.

Agreed.The lineup today potentially had lots of goals in it(more so if Rooney was in the middle),but the down side is,against a team team that hassles and harries like today,it didnt seem to have the nous to deal with them.May have worked against a different side

Christie is a nice option to have,I like him,but it may be a different type of midfielder were looking for in summer.

Happy to see what we can do with him while he remains though

Depending on the concussion Considine suffered he may be out next Saturday in which case Shinnie to left back and Christie in midfield.

Sorted.

With no sign of Mcginn signing an extension I have a feeling that Deek may be viewing Christie as his possible long term replacement. ( Whether or not we could afford any transfer fee the Dhims would want is open to debate)

Not saying drop Mcginn just yet but he was a passenger today. 2 or 3 more performances of a similar ilk and I would be advocating sticking Christie in for an extended run to see if he could fill his boots.

With no sign of Mcginn signing an extension I have a feeling that Deek may be viewing Christie as his possible long term replacement. ( Whether or not we could afford any transfer fee the Dhims would want is open to debate)

Not saying drop Mcginn just yet but he was a passenger today. 2 or 3 more performances of a similar ilk and I would be advocating sticking Christie in for an extended run to see if he could fill his boots.

Yep  :thumbsup:

A few things I picked out of this match.

Logan was woeful. It looked like half the match that he was trying to work out where the fuck was he.

As said by a few, the whole defence were having an off day.

I was also disappointed in Christie when he had a go at the fourth official. It's good to see the lad being passionate, but he took his eye off the game while the action was still close to where he was.

McGinn looked uninterested the whole match. Hardly even heard his name get mentioned.

But, I thought McLean and Jack played well. McLean got into some good positions.

What won us the match were the three subs put on at the end of the game. Stockley and Pawlett for us and Addison for them. Hats off to McInnes. Another thing that stuck out was that teams in the past would have given up, where this team fought until the end. We just have to get that same mentality when we play Celtic...... 

Didn't see the game today but read a couple of times about Rooney being played out wide.

Was this just a case of the front 3 swapping places on a regular basis like we see at Pittodrie quite often or was he actually stuck out on the left? I've seen him out there a few times and seldom does he make an impact on the game of any sorts. He scored once away to Partick when playing out there but usually we'd be as well playing with 10 men with Rooney left wing. Struggling to see how DM considers that to be a useful tactic.

Anyway, well done Dons, went to my bed at half time after following on twitter, wasn't happy at that point but nice surprise to wake up to. COYR

:ultras:

Didn't see the game today but read a couple of times about Rooney being played out wide.

Was this just a case of the front 3 swapping places on a regular basis like we see at Pittodrie quite often or was he actually stuck out on the left? I've seen him out there a few times and seldom does he make an impact on the game of any sorts. He scored once away to Partick when playing out there but usually we'd be as well playing with 10 men with Rooney left wing. Struggling to see how DM considers that to be a useful tactic.

Anyway, well done Dons, went to my bed at half time after following on twitter, wasn't happy at that point but nice surprise to wake up to. COYR

:ultras:

Rooney, Christie and possibly McGinn were swapping. Not sure if Hayes was in on it too as he was that bad. As someone said in the chat. Seemed like McGinn had lead in his boots for most of the game. Awful crossing until the end

A photo that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment....look at the linesman  :rofl:

C5GSfbcWQAAD6vu.jpg:large

Taylor was ok, but every single one of his clearances went vertical and ended up putting us back under pressure.

Yep. That went for Conso and Reynolds too. They were all dodgy as fuck.

Just brilliant to snatch a win from the jaws of defeat though. Sweet as a nut!

I felt that elbows set his team up to frustrate us and waste time at every opportunity.

That being the case, it very nearly worked for them and somewhat ironic that a substitution of his that he didn't need to make became his undoing.

Anyone else reminded of an ex player of ours by the boy the look of and play of Addison  ???

P.S Last word on them, thought that the young lad they have on loan from The Victims looked a player.