Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Derek McInnes

I understand anyone's cynicism regarding my random comment and appreciate it run the risk of being proved wrong. My source is a well known and reasonably respected scottish journalist. I can't however reveal their name, so respect folks choice as to whether they believe it or not.

Ok I believe someone has told you he is not a hun. If that is the case, were they suggesting he is something else i.e. the other side of the unwashed? Or is he just a Morton man with no ties to either of the ugly sisters?

Ok I believe someone has told you he is not a hun. If that is the case, were they suggesting he is something else i.e. the other side of the unwashed? Or is he just a Morton man with no ties to either of the ugly sisters?

He didn't say he wasn't a hun, just said he wasn't a Rangers man. There's a distinct difference.

If, and that's a big fucking if, the huns were to stump up the necessary coin to get to speak to him I would be surprised if DM's head wasn't turned a little bit.  That wouldn't make it a done deal by any stretch though and he doesn't seem a director of football kinda guy either.  No chance he won't be staying until the summer regardless though but if he does go then I still think it's far more likely he will go to England than Mordor. 

• 1 month later...

Ignoring the contract situations of Jack and McGinn, things seem to be going very well at the moment. This weekend is a really interesting game - I didn't see the ibrox loss but I thought our tactics were poor against Rangers at Pittodrie. We went one up then sat back and allowed them to dominate and get back into the game. Maddison's free kick bailed us out. I really think that if we treat this like a normal game we can give them a good thumping but I do question DMs tactics against the old firm - he gives them far far too much respect. Rangers are very average, I hope we have a real go and smash the fuckers. Will DM give them too much respect???

Ignoring the contract situations of Jack and McGinn, things seem to be going very well at the moment. This weekend is a really interesting game - I didn't see the ibrox loss but I thought our tactics were poor against Rangers at Pittodrie. We went one up then sat back and allowed them to dominate and get back into the game. Maddison's free kick bailed us out. I really think that if we treat this like a normal game we can give them a good thumping but I do question DMs tactics against the old firm - he gives them far far too much respect. Rangers are very average, I hope we have a real go and smash the fuckers. Will DM give them too much respect???

I only saw the first half of the last Pittodrie game on TV as I was in St Albans but after talking up how good I thought we'd be to family down there I was massively disappointed and wasn't bothered about having to go out for lunch at half time.

I thought we seemed to play a wee bit better at Ibrox and if Stockley had scored that chance we'd have won it.

The tactics and team selection were questionable at mordor to say the least, at that point Calderwoods tombola waa getting a good old workout but despite that we were really dealing with sevco quite comfortably up to the point they got their first goal and had Stockley not missed with his header (not quite in Storey's league of shocking misses but not far behind) then I actually think we would have scored another couple as they would have been forced to go gung ho and we could have picked them off on the counter.

Of course at that point we were also in the midst of depression after our horrendous League Cup performance and I freely admit I was questioning if Deek had taken us as far as he possibly could. Thankfully we started picking a settled team, got McLean playing in his correct position and the season has gone from strength to strength ever since.

Our winning streak at home cannot continue forever but Sevco truly are honking right now and have a defence decimated by injuries. I fully expect us to sweep them aside on Sunday but with how things have gone I also know we are due a bad performance sooner rather than later ( it happens to everyone eventually). Just hope its after this weekend.