Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Partick

Ffs DM, will u listen to me.

Drop Rooney and get Jayden on.

I believe himself and Christie have a little personal goal competition going on now perhaps.just a hunch.

OConnor keep on til end of season.

Get Burns more game time and wright and Ross.

Had a bet on Aberdeen to win by 2 clear goals and Scotland to beat Ireland with a margin of 1-12. Happy with that :)

And as for that Tory/ukip cunt who abused that mother and child on the virgin train coming up from London to Glasgow...fucking ersehole. Can't believe nobody stuck up for the poor woman.whats the world coming too?does nobody give a shit about anything other than their mobile phone anymore?

I would've stuck my first class fork up his fucking nostrils.

I wasn't at the game yesterday but i've read plenty match reports and they all point to the subs changing the game and getting us the win.

What bothers me is wtf do we play with only one striker at home to the likes of Thistle and other relegation candidates?!

I know Deek has his system but is it really the only one he's got for starting a game with. If he doesn't ever change it the oppo will know whats coming and set up accordingly, as per yesterday.

We should definitely be starting with two strikers at home and only one holding midfielder, or as he eventually done yesterday go with 3 at the back and two up top. A back 3 with two holding midfielders is more than enough against most of the dross in our league!

I didn't go yesterday either but it's fact that if the subs changed the game in AFC's favour, then that is highly unusual. McInnes' record with substitutions is particularly weak. Not only has he introduced players that were just wrong for the situation, he generally puts them on at the wrong times, usually when it's too late. Here's hoping that our manager is finally learning, or is now getting blessed with a slice of luck. The 2-1 away win at Partick last out was a fortunate win and we'll take the 3 points all day every day, however they're earned. 

Aye, I'm normally very critical of Deek's subs (cause they're usually pish), but he changed it up properly yesterday. The wind was terrible and everyone was struggling with very few players getting above a 5/10. It really needed something radical, and he went for it with the double sub and two defenders coming off, in a timely manner too (normally waits for the last ten minutes). He still did the 8 minute dither when bringing on O'Connor, which he normally reserves for the youngsters, where he ends up giving someone 3 minutes game time instead of 10.

Jack man of the match for me if I had to choose anyone, although I'd probably give it to Deek for the changes. I wouldn't read too much into the game because the players really struggled with the conditions and they all had an off day. It was reassuring to win a game with such a poor performance, which is a positive. One thing was slightly worrying form yesterday which was Rooney's performance again. He didn't get into any good positions and was barely in the game. That's a few games now. I'm not convinced by Stockley, but on yesterday's performance he deserves to be in the team with a goal and a good assist.