Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Partick

After the disappointment of Wednesday night, I'd think the team will pick themselves up and hit Partick hard. They're a bit indifferent at the moment but seem to be playing well. Not an easy one but I expect us to come out on top.

Out

Pub

Pub watching the Scotland game

Dinner with some mates

2-1 dons, McGinn and McLean

Pub watching the Scotland game

Eh? Scotland aren't playing? You mean egg-chasing? Do you have a beard? Are you a closet poof? Did you go to one of those fee-paying "public" schools? Were you shite at fitba? Do you think it's funny to all stick yer dick into the pint of the guy who went for a piss? Do you get a hard-on in a scrum, your hands grappling with man-flesh, your face almost up the hairy arse in front of you, the smell of sweat and beastliness?

I don't like rugby by the way.

Eh? Scotland aren't playing? You mean egg-chasing? Do you have a beard? Are you a closet poof? Did you go to one of those fee-paying "public" schools? Were you shite at fitba? Do you think it's funny to all stick yer dick into the pint of the guy who went for a piss? Do you get a hard-on in a scrum, your hands grappling with man-flesh, your face almost up the hairy arse in front of you, the smell of sweat and beastliness?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:  :thumbsup:

;D

At least the rugby team play with heart and passion and actually picked on their form unlike the farce that is the so called football team. I'm no way a rugger bugger, loathe them like any other, but as a sport, I really enjoy watching it. 

Yeah the Strachan & McGoo tenure is a shit show. I'm sure it can be exciting to watch. I just can't watch it without thinking of the calibre of cunt who plays it or is enthused by it. The rugby coaches are the worst, especially those foreigners - mostly kiwis - who speak shite and you definitely wouldn't want to spend time with. They're all so establishment and being an anti-authoritarian kind of rocket, I despise everything about them. Big fat useless bellends the lot of em. With no necks.

Yas min Rocket, that's perfect ranting.

I have to admit to having watched a good bit of Scotland rugger over the last few years and quite enjoying it as a sport. I see it was I do English fitba. I'm now at the stage where I am so comfortable in my understanding of what it is and who it's for that I can happily watch it objectively without the hatred that I held for so many years. With the commentary off obviously. It's like how I can happily interact with gays without constant fear of being bummed.

Or watching the dons secure in the knowledge that the game in this country is a complete carve up and dead as far as sport is concerned, which I'll be doing the morn for the Partick game. Quite looking forward to it actually. Think we'll tank the cunts and Johnny Hayes will be like a new signing, and Niall McGinn will be like a new signing and Shinnie will be like a new signing...because we didnae sign anyone.

Perfect opportunity for the team to make up for Wednesday and put in a performance. Should be no changes to the starting 11. Thistle will try and shitfest it from the off so we will need to be patient but we have the players to break them down so confident we will get a couple.

In (£40 for the train almost put me off. Total rip off)

Train then Archies

Y

Archies then train

3-0 Ronney, Hayes and McGinn.

Rocket, that's your best post ever by far!!!!

:laughing:

Just logged on to give the Rocket a Simmie for this rant. 

It's not that i necessarily agree with your spiel, i just love the fact that you've managed to hit every stereo type you could possibly associate with the rugby lot.  :thumbsup:

Back to the subject...

In or out - Out - i'll be a Murrayfield watching the rugger.

Pre matcher - in a pub sticking my willie in a pint

Post matcher - hopefully more of the same willie / pint fun

Prediction - 15-9

BTW - only joking... still got another 4 bloody weeks on this boat in Nigeria.  :gonk:

Well we played our get out of jail card and ended with three points which looked unlikely until DM made changes to the team and our shape.

We should have been 1-0 up before half time when Taylor somehow managed to put a header wide when it looked easier to score, probably had to much time to think about it, but come half time it looked like it was going to be one of those days where we were never going to score.

We looked quite poor early in the second half and have to be thankful Thistle are woeful in the final 3rd, a decent enough team at the back and in the middle, but once they go into the final third they are bad and thank goodness for that as up until we made our changes I would have said they were on top at that point. Stockley and Christie both came on at the expense of Logan and Reynolds, which left most of us fans scratching our heads, especially when Jack was playing the sweeper role in a back three, but then we only go and score with Stockley coming to the rescue and what a relief it was when it went in, we looked so much better after the changes, but Thistle should have equalised when the ripped open our defence and only their lack of quality up front saved us, which promted Deek to put on O'Connor, remember him,  to shore us up at the back and then see us score a second from Christie, which was the icing on the cake and always sweet when we score so late and the early leavers miss it.

We just weren't at our best today, Hayes and McGinn were fairly quiet and when they are quiet we usually struggle, but deek made the changes which brought us the points and it was nice to see.

My MOTM would have been McLean, I thought he did a lot of work today and always trying to create even when things weren't going our way.

Another cold day though, could hardly feel my hands after the game they were so cold.