Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Accies 27/12

Jute

Very enjoyable game although we should have won more convincingly. We still play sideways far too much and need to be more direct. The run from Shinnie at the end which led to the sending off was exactly what we need instead of the simple square ball - think we still need to hit Rooney earlier and support quicker.....lack of movement on Rooney's part??

Thought Ryan Jack played very well today. Looked more imposing and more physical, first time I've complimented him this season!

Happy days! Sounds like they were lucky to end with 10 men! Shame we couldn't get the third, but hey ho, back to back wins which is the most important thing here!  I did laugh at God saying that the corporates were obviously pissed, KM shouldn't have been MOTM, should have been JH.

Anyway, 3 points, happy days! Let's get into these mini hun cunts on friday!

:ultras: :ultras: :ultras:

I know he scored but I get too nervous with Taylor in our team. As a defender he is just not good enough. Bombscare just doesn't do him justice. Other than that with a bit more composure in front of goal we should have been out of sight. Still job done today. On to our bogey team on Friday.

COYR

Very enjoyable game although we should have won more convincingly. We still play sideways far too much and need to be more direct. The run from Shinnie at the end which led to the sending off was exactly what we need instead of the simple square ball - think we still need to hit Rooney earlier and support quicker.....lack of movement on Rooney's part??

Thought Ryan Jack played very well today. Looked more iposing and more physical, first time I've complimented him this season!

Thought we were poor first half,maybe the unfamiliar line up(whatever it was - 3 5 1 1??),didnt help,but we were shaky in defence,and both predictable and unimaginative up front,never really got into a rythym.Better second half.Thankfully Rooney was on hand for the goal,but cant remember him being involved too much apart from that.Not sure if thats due to lack of continuity,or just off form,but i was thinking Pawlett might have been a better option later on,to run at them.(and then Adam goes and scores.)

Jack was pretty anonymous first half,but came onto a game in the second.Good to get the win,but we're capable of much better with what weve got

Disagree, I thought Rooney had a good game, was one of our best players. Some neat touches and brought others into play, whilst working hard. As always, was miles ahead of everyone in reacting to Maddison's shot.

Thought we played well throughout, we had about 800 corners too. McLean, Hayes, Jack Shinnie and Rooney were good. McGinn worked hard. Thought Lewis dithered for the pen, but definitely won the ball.

One of the worst ref performances I've seen since thon Muir cunt went off at half time against ICT. Really poor. So many bad decisions. Although I think he got the Maddison one right (the dive), he threw his leg into Imrie (think it was him) and fell over. If he'd looked to go forward rather than cheat he would have been through on goal. Little shite. Every other decision the ref got wrong, and he poofed out of sending off the centre half when Hayes skinned him for pace.

I enjoyed that. We should have been out of sight before we scored, but one of them days, it wasn't due to lack of effort.

A superb save by Joe Lewis, just prior to us getting the winner, he has been such a great signing and gives you a confidence we never had for a long time between the sticks.

I though McLean was MOTM, thought he had a superb game and I also thought Jack was superb in the second half, put in a couple of good crosses from the right and was always looking to get forward.

I thought the ref was inept today, I sit in the Merkland end so no idea if it was a penalty, but he made some strange decisions today, very strange.

The biggest shock was Deek not changing the line up and Shinnie offers so much more at left back than he does in midfield.

I thought we were pretty good first half, lots of attacking, corners, chances, goal disallowed, and Taylor's goal was clearly coming. Hamilton scored totally out of the blue. This was more like us, my only gripe is the nervy at the end 2-1 win when we should have been out of sight!

Sorry I missed the craic, if indeed there was any in live chat this afternoon but took the granddaughter ice skating ( my first time in over thirty years and by fuck am I sore tonight ). Followed it on bbc live text. Sounds like we could have scored a a few more but the win is a win. Onwards and upwards.

Rooney was good. Didn't see Jack having a good game. McLean was ok. Lewis dithered before committing so his error for the pen but the guys in the RDS were saying he definitely got the ball. From the SS, it wasn't certain. Logan made a couple of uncharacteristic errors, one of which should have cost us a goal but Hamilton are really shit. Hayes was lively, great attitude. Taylor and Reynolds are past it. Maddison's introduction totally turned the game despite a couple of woeful free kicks.

The real crime today was sitting back for the last 15. They were instinctively looking for a third until McInnes intervened and fucked it all up. We were camped in their half for the whole of the first half hour of the second half until McInnes got Jack to drop back and showed his true colours again, those of consolidation, of scaredy cat, of a lack of balls, of no confidence, of being a total fudpiece as usual. Shite game in a shite league with the shitest referees on the planet.

Not easy to tell from this angle,but his hand seems to move after the ball had gone forward,possibly because of a foul,but someone on here in the Mainer or RDS might have had a better view??....

I was about 30 yards fae it, with a great view. Clearly better than the refs. It was never a pen. He took the ball, hence why it flicked up into the air. It was a terrible decision fae the ref, who wasn't in a position to see whether Lewis got the ball or not, he just guessed. Incidentally, it was never a sending off either, that ball was going too wide. I think he gave it because he made a cunt of one a few minutes before where their centre half (on a yellow) pulled back Hayes - he gave them a foul.