Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Accies 27/12

Jute

Second last game before the winter break. Need to keep the momentum going from a good win against Motherwell. As long as no injuries would hope we go with the same line up. A win sets us up nicely for Tynecastle on Friday.

In/oot: In

Pre match: Train then bar in town.

Match: Y

Post match: Beer then train back to Capital.

3-0 Rooney, McLean and Hayes.

Second last game before the winter break. Need to keep the momentum going from a good win against Motherwell. As long as no injuries would hope we go with the same line up. A win sets us up nicely for Tynecastle on Friday.

In/oot: In

Pre match: Train then bar in town.

Match: Y

Post match: Beer then train back to Capital.

3-0 Rooney, McLean and Hayes.

O'Connor in for Taylor for me, please.

McLean in that same position and Jonny and Niall supplying  Rooney will see us win comfortably.  Bring on a fragile Hertz team...

Now we run into the same weekly issue. Just won a decent game, why change the line up?

Because our manager is incapable of picking the best team available. The wins we have had are despite him not because of him. Fuck knows what he has in mind for tomorrow but like Calderwood, it will no doubt be a fucking joke with zero rational or common sense thinking behind it.

I see cash turnstyles are going to be in operation tomorrow.

Now, i get that the club reckon there'll be a bumper turn out due to a lot of fans being back in the NE for the Chrimbo period but if they can do it for tomorrow..... i've always thought that it's a bad move to not have that walk up on the day option.

Granted, installing the extra ticket kiosk at the Paddock end of the stadium is helpful but is it really essential to take away the cash option?!  :-\

BTW, i won't be there... at work. I'll only get one game at home next trip too and that'll be the Stranraer game.  ::)

Cash turnstiles are excellent for so many reasons.

There are a number of reasons why they don't do them these days. One of these reasons is a lack of trust. Specifically, our chairman couldn't stand the thought of a rogue employee pocketing a few quid.

Sleaford Mods said it in this song: -

Nah I'd just end up robbing the place. You got a till full of 20's staring at you all day, I'm hardly going to bank it. I've got drugs to take, and a mind to break. Jobseeker.

This just happens to be one of the best live performances ever seen -

Cash turnstiles eh? Very retro. Anyway, a fucking disgrace they were ever removed without the appropriate technology in place to replace them. This dog shite about queuing for tickets or ticket booths for physical tickets is just bollocks. Phone app, buy ticket, scan it and in. Signs with QR codes on the streets surrounding the ground so you can just scan it and are taken straight to the matchday ticket page, and with a few clicks you've got your ticket. Really, really simple technology. But we made a cunt of our ticketing system, when it was obvious technology was changing to phone based tech. I shouldn't have to have my season ticket with me, it should be assigned to my account on my phone and I should just scan my phone. If you're going to force people to use technology then it should be the best and most efficient technology possible. Half arsed shite.

Anyway, I'll be going. 

Me and the loon are in as usual. Looking forward to it, if nothing else just to see what the tactial tombola will come up with for today.

Hopefully we will get a good win, but Hamilton aren't that bad a team and we will need to be sharp to ensure we don't pass up opportunities to score.

I reckon a nice 2-0 win played in decent conditions for the time of year.