Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Things you dinna see now

Fowlers Wee Heavy

Football Chums (chews for those not old enough to mind them)

Ford Capris and RS Cosworths

Blue disabled cars behind the goals at football matchs

Cremola Foam

Nae sure if its an urban legend or not, but i'm sure i read somewhere that they had lost the original recipe for Cremola Foam... used to drink it by the gallon until we got a soda stream!!

Nae sure if its an urban legend or not, but i'm sure i read somewhere that they had lost the original recipe for Cremola Foam... used to drink it by the gallon until we got a soda stream!!

You can get cremola foam ( its got a new name Krakatoa Fizz) out all those American sweetie shops that are springing up everywhere. Tastes exactly the same but a helluva lot more expensive than the original

Proper mongrel dogs going about in little packs.

Even if a mongrel appears these days they've already thought of a name to give it a type, like Jugs (half Jack Russell half Pug) and Labradoddles (goes without explaining that one). Scamming hoors have got the cheek to charge pedigree prices too!

Why no more Heinz (57 varieties) dogs?

Buc mentioned the tenants lager girls.

I did the  tenants brewery tour last week and they have a wall of all the original cans/girls.

Good crack we a couple o pints at the end

Nay bad for 7.50

Only one problem there........

Tennents Lager is pish ;)

Ice cream vans - They still exist in some areas, but nae as popular as once were, abidy buys their sweeties and stuff fae ASDA and the like nowadays.  a 10p cone, we sprinkles and juice, fine, or a 10p mix up, 5p bags of crisps.

The creepy mannie who used to stand outside markies on a Saturday night telling us we were a doomed.

Bon Accord ale - Pineapple, Limeade, Creamsoda, Tropical, Red Kola, best juice ever, especially if plundered fae the factory in Torry during hot summer nights.

Stick yer ma's photie on here and Buc might be cleaning oot her lum by the weekend  :rofl:

She died many years ago chocked in her sleep.

My sister was runner up or 3rd in Miss Scotland back in the early 70s you wouldn't know it now.

Hey bonaccord Appleaide my favourite.

And whippy ice cream from curly Jew bug ice cream van in brebner terrace  Northfield back in the 60s.

Tartan Special.....couldn't stand it by itself but in a black n tan was sheer nectar. Wouldnt dare risk drinking it nowadays, it fair cleared you out the next morning after 6 pints, Id be terrified now I'd shart ma punts before last orders.

Aztec and Texan bars. Caused many a filling in my youth.

Kids playing hopscotch, British bulldogs, and my personal favourite.... chicky-melly

Public information broadcasts. Loved Joe and Petunia calling the coastguard; Charlie the cat saving the wee boy from a paedo, self immolation etc; and the family that got a burst pipe and spring into action like a squad of well drilled Red Army sodgers

Public information broadcasts. Loved Fred + Mavis calling the coastguard; Charlie the cat saving the wee boy from a paedo, self immolation etc; and the family that got a burst pipe and spring into action like a squad of well drilled Red Army sodgers

Aye, the gas one ina where the boy screamed "No!" at his wife as she went to switch the light on.

Also, I may of imagined it, but there was one about poofs getting aids too wasn't there?

"Peter, 23, a homosexual. Peter has aids. If you're a homosexual, don't sleep with monkeys."

Or some such

Kids playing dazzles.

Kids playing kerbie

Black and white TVs with a tuner for getting the 2 or three channels you would have had at the time.

NHS bottle top glesses  that kids got at school..

Talc powder to put on before you went out but with asbestos in it.

Proper plumbers using  copper and brass fittings none of this plastic push fit stuff.

Public information broadcasts. Loved Joe and Petunia calling the coastguard; Charlie the cat saving the wee boy from a paedo, self immolation etc; and the family that got a burst pipe and spring into action like a squad of well drilled Red Army sodgers

Or Rolf advising us to learn to swim!

They're all available to watch on you tube I found out today. Spent near an hour and a half in glorious nostalgia. Quite a few from late 60s I had never seen afore. Jimmy Savile is is in a puckle o em ana

Do I remember one (must have been from the early 90s?) of an old wifie trying to change her light bulb but falling off her step ladder through her glass paneled display cabinet? Nae sure what the moral of the story was.. don't fall off step ladders probably!