Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hydrate yourself

We've all been told for years that we don't drink enough water.

Yeah yeah, whatever, we thought. I don't even like the stuff. It's nothing. Give me a bevvy/sugar/flavour instead.

The French and the Italians serve water with wine.

In the last two months, I've been drinking more water than I ever have... when I don't forget to!

And the benefits are immense.

The vast majority of these days, I drink 4 or 5 pints of water. I wouldn't drink that much in a month before.

Just try it and report your findings.

We have superb water quality in the NE. It's fucking good for us too. So just do it.

Yes I was advised to drink more water through the day.  I work long hours and was getting extremely tired when home from work.  Started making sure I drink at least 2 litres of water a day and it does make a noticeable difference.  Certainly a bit more spring in my step and not near so tired at home.

Water eh? Who'd of thought it  :o

I was trying to drink more water, over did it at first, 8 pints in a day  :laughing: down to 3 or 4 pints a day now as I'm at the age where too much liquid and I got to the point I was always feeling like I was needing a piss.

Health wise I haven't noticed much difference to be honest, but that could be down to the dehydrating effects of the alcohol I drink of an evening  :spaz:

While i agree that water is good for you but like everything else it should be consumed in moderation.

Apparently too much water can kill ye!  :eek:

https://familyshare.com/20723/3-reasons-why-drinking-too-much-water-is-bad-for-you

Yes this is true and like alcohol and red meat and carbs and everything, moderation is good.

In my case, I've gone from a fraction of the recommended intake to closer to the recommended amount.

Even my dreams are better and more frequent. My instinct is screaming that this new water intake is good for me.

Yes this is true and like alcohol and red meat and carbs and everything, moderation is good.

In my case, I've gone from a fraction of the recommended intake to closer to the recommended amount.

Even my dreams are better and more frequent. My instinct is screaming that this new water intake is good for me.

I thought when you dream it is because you are not in a deep sleep?  I usually feel knackered after saving the world from idiocy and scoring the winner at Ibrox.

I used to suffer from IBS and severe migraines, and as a result as I decided to give up on tea and coffee, along with many other foods/drinks about 8 months ago. I also gave up all fat versions of carbonated drinks and while i know the diet versions aren't said to be healthier, they dont cause me as much issues for when i do occasionally indulge in one.

To replace those drinks, i turned to water and roughly drink about 1.5 - 2 litres a day. I never used to drink it on its own, or at least very very rarely, but now i cant do without it. The benefits are amazing and i can honestly say that my moods have improved, i find i can concentrate more and i very rarely get a sore head these days, though i do suffer from ocular migraines occasionally. Now that is likely a combination of both changing drink and food, but i can honestly say replacing the tea and coffee with water has been one of the best things i have ever done for my body. 

I'm mainly a tea and coffee drinker, but take in very few liquids at all. I realised on Sunday that I hadn't drunk anything other than a cup of tea, a coffee and a glass of wine since the Friday which is probably quite bad. My pish was still clear like, but perhaps that isn't a great barometer for me. I try and drink two glasses a day during the week though, so that's about a pint. The problem at places of work is that they often just have thon pishy plastic glasses that aren't worth the bother even filling up so I have a cup of tea instead. I'm a very healthy eater, but I just dinna back it up with the drinking part - although I never have fiizzy drinks or juices like cause they taste like piss. I'm always going for a hose ina, so that doesn't help. I'll attempt to increase my levels to 2 pints a day.

Good topic. I doubt i drink more than a 2/3 of pints of fluid(inc cups of tea/coffee) etc a day,and rarely have alcohol thru the week.

I dont feel like I need more than that,but maybe  set in my ways,and am interested to try it out.4 or 5 pints a day though??,cant imagine drinking that amount without forcing it down.Only thing Id be worried about is sweating more(and pee breaks) if water intake is increased by over 50%.I do a physical job.

will give it a go.

4 or 5 pints a day though??,cant imagine drinking that amount without forcing it down.

On reflection - and ever since I wrote that - I think I over-estimated.

I reckon I drink up to 3 pints of water a day, certainly more than 2.

I used to drink a glass of water only when I felt I needed to and wouldn't have drunk more than one pint per week, often much less. I like it now where I couldn't be bothered with it before.

2 or 3 pints.Is that on top of whatever else you have(tea/coffee/beer),or is that instead of?

On top of. I'm drinking less beer this last month but still the same amount of tea. Don't really drink much else other than alcohol 3 or 4 times a week (wine, beer, whisky occasionally) and tea (maybe 4 mugs a day). Occasional glass of milk. Maybe a can of coke once a month, if that, or a can of something like it e.g. Lemonade or San Pellegrini or Ginger Beer. Actually, a can a month just now but a couple of cans a week in the summer months but not much.

My water intake has increased 20 or 25 fold in the last couple of months to 2 or 3 pints per day, probably nearer 3 pints if I measured it. I just never drank water like everyone recommends we should.

Edit 1: Come to think of it, I'm probably cutting back on a mug of tea a day, Never had one after tea tonight where I normally do. Had a pint of water over the last hour and going to get a refill because my body wants more.

Edit 2: Christ you've got me thinking. I've just hoovered another 3/4 pint of water in the last half hour or so and I'm going for another refill soon. God knows why I only fill 70 to 80% of a pint glass! I maybe do drink 4 pints a day although tonight feels different. Probably you for getting me thinking about it! Fuck knows how much water I'm drinking but it's a hell of a lot more than it was and I'm enjoying drinking it.

Does anyone actually remember to drink a pint of water before going to bed after a night out? It can kill of your hangover before it even starts.

Watched that film by Michael Moore - 'where to invade next' .  He visits school kids in their canteen in France where they sit round the table with a big jug of water to share at lunch.  He tries to tempt them with a can of coke but they aint fussed, they obviously enjoy there water.

Couldn't see the same happening in this country unfortunately.

I recognise the benefits of drinking water, but frankly I find it so so boring I struggle to drink a glass of it, unless of course in hotter climate where I seem to manage just fine.

Afraid I drink far too much coffee, black and the stronger the better. Not yet 11am and already on.

fourth mug of the day. Likely to manage another four or five before supper time.

I know it isn't good for me, but its an addiction ::)

I recognise the benefits of drinking water, but frankly I find it so so boring I struggle to drink a glass of it, unless of course in hotter climate where I seem to manage just fine.

I now buy these little Robinsons squash'd as I also found water extremely boring. Makes it much easier to drink more of it when you have even the slightest hint of flavour.

I now buy these little Robinsons squash'd as I also found water extremely boring. Makes it much easier to drink more of it when you have even the slightest hint of flavour.

Does that not actually detract from the benefits of drinking water?! Adding sugar and manmade substances?  Try squeeze some fresh lemon or lime, I always find that is much better.  I try to stay away as much as possible from squash these days.  Very rarely (unless absolutely hungover) will i go for a fizzy drink, unless with Vodka obviously  :thumbsup:

Does that not actually detract from the benefits of drinking water?! Adding sugar and manmade substances?  Try squeeze some fresh lemon or lime, I always find that is much better.  I try to stay away as much as possible from squash these days.  Very rarely (unless absolutely hungover) will i go for a fizzy drink, unless with Vodka obviously  :thumbsup:

You do know that adding lemon or lime juice is also adding sugar?

Adding 10-20mm of a cordial to 500mm of water whether its manmade or not has minimal impact on the benefits.

Now drinking said cordial undiluted on the other hand.......

You do know that adding lemon or lime juice is also adding sugar?

Adding 10-20mm of a cordial to 500mm of water whether its manmade or not has minimal impact on the benefits.

Now drinking said cordial undiluted on the other hand.......

Of course, but lemon or lime juice contain natural sugars which are far better for you than any cordial based drink.