Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

More than just a Pet

MálagaSheep

She is a very big part of my Family, and i treat her like my bairn, sometimes wish ma loons and wife were as well behaved as my Tara

b9jes6.jpg

My baby girl is 11years old, and age is starting to show age when we go for long walks, And am no looking forward till the day when something goes wrong, her brother Junior the black cat, also suffering with age now and also 11 is having regular visits to the vet. (No photo)

Unbelievable how big a part of the family the pets become,

We have also got a young terrier we found in the campo last year that the loons named Nice and a stray cat that visited and didnt leave that we called Pedro, but later found out that Pedro was a girl and had 3 Kittens, one we couldnt get a home so Roxy is here too! Its like a fucking zoo in this house!

Thought i would ask the board about your pets and stories! 

Would love a dog but staying in a flat with no garden and being away at work for 13 hours a day, it just wouldn't be fair.  My family have always had Alsatians and after my mums latest one passed away at the start of the year I convinced her to get another pup.

Love going down to Edinburgh to see how her newest addition Sherpa is getting on......

9fmzuo.jpg

Nae pictures but you name it I've had it over the years.

Dogs and cats are always special and I'm afraid I've had to take a few on that long last journey to the vet.

Special mention for our cat Megan, Mrs Donsdaft is diabetic and Megan would wake her up if she was heading into a hypo.

I've watched her doing it, she would jump up on to the bed, sniff Mrs Donsdaft's breath and if necessary, pad on her to wake her up.

Megan had two kittens so we ended up with 3 cats.

They were all 16-17 years old when the bad day came.

Would love a dog but staying in a flat with no garden and being away at work for 13 hours a day, it just wouldn't be fair.  My family have always had Alsatians and after my mums latest one passed away at the start of the year I convinced her to get another pup.

Love going down to Edinburgh to see how her newest addition Sherpa is getting on......

9fmzuo.jpg

My brother in law has an Alsatian and has just got himself a pup to get raised like his Zac, cracking dog

...and a stray cat that visited and didnt leave that we called Pedro, but later found out that Pedro was a girl...

Ha ha. I've always been a cat man. We have two male cats and a third turned up one day, a tail-less creature with a bad meow. I assumed it was a female for some reason and it was known as Tabitha. Then it needed a vet and the wife took it round and so it got registered to me and it turned out to be a male. I then turned it's name to Toby Arthur and it was inherited by friends of ours when we moved. They are now firm cat people and can put out fire with gasoline too.

Our first cat is at least 12 and has become a basketball in shape. I think neighbours must be feeding the cunt. It reminds me of this card I got a year ago at the Saatchi gallery...

Spherical%20Bear.png

Our second cat is maybe 8 and is ginger (pronounced Ging, not Ginge) and costs me far too much in vet bills due to its bad attitude and picking fights it can't win. I love the cunt.

The wife got a dog behind my back just over 3 years ago. It's an Aberdeenshire Terrier and I love it, despite never being a dog man previously. I've had to walk the bitch and even pick up its shit as the wife and two of our daughters are enjoying sunshine in Spain without me just now. That's how much I love it. I wouldn't even pick up the wife's shit. Not that she clarts the road like the little black bitch does.

EDIT: Found a photo, the only one on my Macbook...

Mia%20-%20the%20scumdog%20millionaire%20bitch.jpg

This was day one when I met it when it arrived as a pup. They had known it for a few weeks before.

I have two Cavaliers myself, one is 6 and the other is 7. Honest to god, I dont know what i would do if they werent there when i get home after work.

I have had numerous conversations about the importance of pets and it varies form person to person. Some folk view them as a pet for their own entertainment and dont see them as family, while others treat them like their own bairns. For me, I view my own dogs as family and struggle to think of the day when they eventually go. I take them walks everywhere, they sit with me when i watch TV and we take them on holiday if its UK based. I know one person who keeps their dog in a cage all day while they go to work, the dog then doesn't get to leave the kitchen when they are home. They say its because they value their house too much and dont want hair everywhere. For me, there is no point having a dog if thats the attitude.

I was once read a sign that said "a dog is the only being in the world that loves you more than it loves itself" and it is so true. I love cats as well, had 2 up until a few years ago, but i live too close to a road now to consider getting more.

Crackin photos n stories folks! Never had a pet masel but most oh my family back home have dogs and oddly i miss em jist as much as family!! They do become family, much more than pets!! Would love to settle in a house and get a pooch but work/lifestyle & living arrangement would nae lend to a happy pet life!!

One day when permenant residancy comes and i can settle work/living arrangement here ahl complete my life wi a new best pal!