Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

On the BBC.....

When we played Bayern in '83 I would suspect that most Dons fans were saying exactly the same thing, not much has really changed. I also don't think that there was a huge gulf in skill level between that side and our current one. There was however a chasm in terms of grit, determination, belief and a will to win at all costs. That is the glaring miss from the glory days of 1983.

If you can find one clip of any of the '83 squad swiping at fresh air, tripping over themselves, controlling the ball into the stand, shooting out for a throw in or letting the ball roll under their feet then I'll buy you a German brewery of your choosing.

If you can find one clip of any of the '83 squad swiping at fresh air, tripping over themselves, controlling the ball into the stand, shooting out for a throw in or letting the ball roll under their feet then I'll buy you a German brewery of your choosing.

;D Point well made

TO say there isn't much difference between our current side and our 83 side is hilarious!

When we played Bayern in '83 I would suspect that most Dons fans were saying exactly the same thing, not much has really changed. I also don't think that there was a huge gulf in skill level between that side and our current one. There was however a chasm in terms of grit, determination, belief and a will to win at all costs. That is the glaring miss from the glory days of 1983.

I don't think any of our current squad would make the bench for the 1983 team.

;D Point well made

TO say there isn't much difference between our current side and our 83 side is hilarious!

Not sure that's what I was saying at all but you can interpret it in your own way. I think the word chasm might say something about the difference I was suggesting. I think people tend to remember the team of the 80s with a different perspective with regards to skill levels nowadays than you might have back then. I'm not suggesting there wasn't a great level of skill of course there was, more that other aspects of that teams performance was the key to its success.