Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - County - sat

No changes to the team unless injury enforced I suspect.  Wouldn't even bench Jack, there's no need to rush his comeback, semi final or not it's still Morton and we should have enough about us to do without him.  Indeed I would argue that Shinnie and Maclean have built a bit of an understanding in recent games and I would like to see where that goes.

I still maintain that Shinnie's best position is LB but Considine has been very effective there the past few games and certainly doesn't warrant dropping. 

out

Home

Home

Pub

I think we might score a few goals tomorrow,  the squad is well rested and on a high.  County can be a tough nut to crack but Maddison is such an ace in the pack at the moment.....  An early goal would make all the difference and Paul Quinn is going to fucking hate playing against him. 

4-0 dons rooney (2) Maddison and Mcginn

I put my money where my mouth was as well but cashed it out pretty much the moment stockley scored. 

Pretty solid performance and second game on the bounce we have won 4-0, happy days.  It's a real shame we didn't have lewis and oconnor last season. 

Well, cruised through the game, the first goal and sending off ultimately killed the game. Happy to score 4 but should have been double that or more. Love the play of Maddison, always wants the ball and a huge threat in the middle of the park. Today (and I'm being super picky) showed the limitations of Adam Rooney - we'd win the ball then play the ball sideways an awful lot which allowed county to get back. A stronger and better forward makes himself available and gets the ball a lot earlier and we'd really stretch an opponent. I thought we looked better with Stockley on the field, he seems much more of a handful and threat. Doesn't mean we go long ball or high ball, Stockley just seemed to create more problems. Rooney also missed his chances, Stockley took one of the few (2 maybe?) he got.

Was a decent game on the whole from our point of view. Maddison, Hayes and McGinn all looked up for running with the ball. Been a while since I have seen Shay so attack minded and it made a big difference. If we cut out the lapses in concentration then we will be heading in the right direction. Only negatives today were Taylor's injury and the fact that all the teams around us in the league won also.

COYR

AFter a slow start we controlled the game from start to finish and result was never in doubt after our first goal.

We played some really good football today depsite the conditions and don't think going down to 10 men made a difference as County were always going to get beat. It was a bad tackle by the county guy, but I think it was a moment of madness after being done by Hayes again. Ash went off early doors, but Reynolds came on and it was a seamless transition at the> COunty threatened once or twice, but we were excellent today. Good to see Stockley come on and get a goal, more to his game than just being a target man.

Maddison is on another level, he just glides about the pitch and you get a sense of expectation when he has the ball which I haven't seen since a young Eion Jess was strutting his stuff around Pittodrie. I'd be surprised if this lad doesn't go and make a name for himself back down in England, but he will go back down being a far tougher player than when he arrived, did think the worst today when I saw him with gloves on.

I really enjoyed that today, despite the weather. PLease let us attack more, we are far better when attacking than when we sit back.

Really good performance from the Dandies today. Quality all over the pitch and some great passages of play. James Madison is bringing out the best in all our top players. He's worth the admission money alone. Rotten weather & disappointing attendance.  Some Dons fans will regret missing out on the Maddison show I reckon. Still...onwards and upwards I have a feeling the season is building for us. Fingers crossed. COYR!

We can only hope Alex Neil & Norwich agree to extend his loan deal from January to season end, the young lad is a class act, hopefully he will revel on the big Hampden pitch next week, watching his quick feet leaving opposition players flapping about is a joy.

Our crowds really have to be at least 3k higher than present.

Having watched the extended redtv highlights, that performance was sexual.  Some excellent play and it looks like it really should have been a lot more than it was in the end.  Great all round team performance. Was nice to see Stockley score with his foot rather his head , decent finish from a very tight angle in the end.

Will be able to view via the usual vpn means:

Cheers, first chance i've had to see the game - that Hayes goal is lovely  :)  No highlights of the goal ruled offside though?

On another note, the video that follows that is highlights of the Tic game (autoplay before anyone asks).  It's 2mins 52secs long, and there isn't a single touch of the ball by a Well outfield player shown in the whole clip.  ::)