Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Your First Dons Game??

i was 1981, the year after I started supporting dons. Pittodrie and Utd beat us 2-1. In the main stand and I got my first close up of Neale Cooper so I was hooked  ;D

The nicest thing my dad ever did for me, taking the train to Aberdeen when his own team Hibs were 20 mins away on the bus.......

I can't remember my very first game . One of the very first though would have been the game against Hibs in March 1967. The crowd that day was 44,000 which I think is the second highest attendance ever at Pittodrie. 

It was a tad crushed to say the least.

2-2 Draw against Hearts,nae long before the LC Final v Celtic,1976.

Old man was an armchair fan,but only went to a few games in the George Hamilton era.Sisters boyfriend drove us through to the first few games,before we got those student railcards to get the train through

Pre season friendly vs Blackburn Rovers. Think it was 1994.

I have very fond memories o' this een as it's the only game I went to wi' my granda. Stewart McKimmie's testimonial. Never got to see superstar Alan Shearer due to injury (supposedly) but did get to see a young Russell Anderson put in a crunching challenge on a certain Kenny Dalglish. Was ace.

My first ever dons game was the 92 League cup final against Rangers. I don't remember much being only 10, but I remember the looks on the fans faces when the OG went in. My first ever football game was a Hannover Vs Hamburg game in 1987 in Hannover. Was living over there while my dad was in the forces. Went to a good few Hannover games, but supported the dons because of my dad from very early on. 

don't have a clue

although rather unfortunately the first i can properly remember is the 78 final, was there with my mum and dad, we were stood next to a deaf and dumb mannie with a big Aberdeen flag, strange what you remember, that lad had a profound effect to be honest, I just mind feeling really sorry for him

got a season ticket the next season and had it for the next 9 years before i moved abroad with work. still never got a ticket for the liverpool game, cunts.... :frown:

First game ever i'm told was a huns game in Germany, dad was in the Gordons and they would all go along to see Scottish  :eek: teams when they were playing,  ive never forgiven him for dragging me along.

Aberdeen 7 Cowdenbeath 0 Not the whole game though, don't think my Dad thought I'd last that long so he took me later in the second half, I got lifted over the turnstile and walked up the steps at the Beach End. Remember seeing the pitch floodlight and being amazed how green it looked.

Exactly what went through my head the first time I reached the top of the steps when entering my first game. It was a cup match against Clydebank. August 10th 1993 turns out it was! 5-0 Dons.  :thumbsup:

I remember my sister attending her first game not long after that and having the same thoughts when she got to the top of the steps. Turned to me and said "Simon, look!" and pointed at the pitch. Strange that the sight of the pitch seems to catch youngsters off guard! Not sure what I expected!  :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

Aberdeen 7 Cowdenbeath 0 Not the whole game though, don't think my Dad thought I'd last that long so he took me later in the second half, I got lifted over the turnstile and walked up the steps at the Beach End. Remember seeing the pitch floodlight and being amazed how green it looked.

I was at that game too - standing in South Terrace. Harper got a hat trick but could have at least one more. We went to the tattiedome the week after and beat them 1-0 to go top (I think)

First game I recall, not first game I was lifted over the turnstile, was UEFA cup match v RWD Molenbeek.  We lost 2-1. Think it was my first midweek match at the age of 8.

It was also the first time that my old man and his mate left me in the car while they went in to the Caley golf club for 3 pints before driving home about half past ten. I was given a glass bottle of coke and a straw, bag of crisps and the match day programme, and told not to tell my mother or I wouldn't get back to a Wednesday game. Seemed a fair trade in those days...