Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Your First Dons Game??

Apologies if this has been done before, i'll start this off...

Aberdeen v Partick Thistle - 30th September, 1978 @ Pittodrie

Steve Archibald netting in a 1-1 draw, standing right down the front of the 'South Terrace' remember my uncle lifting me over the turnstile, then a love affair began. As a 6 year old i vaguely remember the smells, the shouts, the mannies swearing ha ha.

Be good to read everyone else's first game as it will always be special.... :thumbsup:

I got to see Dons legend Jim Leighton on my first visit to Pittodrie - he was in goals for Dundee. Billy Dodds scored to put them ahead, but we ended up winning 2-1. Had to look up wiki for our scorers, Shearer and Mixu apparently.

1992 - I'd just been watching the Euros. Was surprised to find out that normal games didna hae the teams singing the national anthem before kick-off.  :greengrin:

I think it was a 1-0 win against Rangers in the mid 90s. I think. Stephen Glass scored. Only thing I really remember for some reason is that at some point Billy Dodds put Andy Goram into the net along with the ball, and it wasn't allowed as a goal.

Other than the fact I was sat behind a pillar and thus missed the goal, I don't mind very much. Too many beers in the intervening 20 years I suppose.

Auld man was a hun so didn't get to much when I was younger.  My first time at Pittodrie wasn't for a dons game - Scotland v Egypt. Quick google check says 1990?  Main stand, angry mannies swearing and then felt really unwell.  Dad took me home and was later diagnosed with salmonella food poisoning.

2 weeks of eating nothing but a small bowl or rice kripsies every morning followed by lots of spewing, shitting and hallucinogenic fever dreams.  Feel sick just thinking back to it.  For legal reasons I should point out that no blame was directed at the quality of the fine refreshments on offer at the home of the mighty dons.

Can't actually remember first dons game, perhaps Skonto Riga up in the Dick Donald,  93,94??

I canna mind, but I am sure it was against Motherwell around 1987/88. None of my brothers liked football and my Ma wouldn't let me go on my own or we pals, so one day my sister picked her husband up from a game at Pittodrie and I said to him I would love to go and that was that. I went to the next game against Motherwell, I think and I am sure we won 1-0, I was just in awe of the whole experience. Made sure both my loons never waited until they were 14 to go.

Auld man was a hun so didn't get to much when I was younger.  My first time at Pittodrie wasn't for a dons game - Scotland v Egypt. Quick google check says 1990?  Main stand, angry mannies swearing and then felt really unwell.  Dad took me home and was later diagnosed with salmonella food poisoning.

2 weeks of eating nothing but a small bowl or rice kripsies every morning followed by lots of spewing, shitting and hallucinogenic fever dreams.  Feel sick just thinking back to it.  For legal reasons I should point out that no blame was directed at the quality of the fine refreshments on offer at the home of the mighty dons.

Can't actually remember first dons game, perhaps Skonto Riga up in the Dick Donald,  93,94??

The Egypt game I am sure we got done 3-1 and Bryan Gunn was in goal for Scotland.

The SKonta Riga game was dire stuff. It was a fairly miserable night weather wise and I had an abscess in my mouth, so the score just topped off a brillant night!

Lol, my first game was St Mirren in 99 I think it was, we won 2-1 and I had salmonella, two weeks of hell. Stadium scored the winner. Minus having to puke before and during the game, enjoyed the delights of section Y and having to tell and old mannie who scored the winner

Lol, my first game was St Mirren in 99 I think it was, we won 2-1 and I had salmonella, two weeks of hell. Stadium scored the winner. Minus having to puke before and during the game, enjoyed the delights of section Y and having to tell and old mannie who scored the winner

Ah well I take it back, it must have been the Pittodrie pies.  Me in 90, you in 99, probably the same batch. 

The bastards.

You're da wasn't a minister was he?

My most embarrassing moment at a fitba match was doing my fuckin head in at the Skonto Riga game only to turn round ( in the Dick Donald) to see the minister who had married me to my first wife with his boys.

A few choice expletives later I turned round again and they had gone.

Not my finest moment

Old man was also a Hun and took me to see my first game Rangers v Aberdeen in 1976. I almost got him and my uncle a kicking as I started cheering on the team in red. The Huns around us apparently took a lot of convincing that they were not Dons fans. Dons lost the game but I was hooked.

Old man was also a Hun and took me to see my first game Rangers v Aberdeen in 1976. I almost got him and my uncle a kicking as I started cheering on the team in red. The Huns around us apparently took a lot of convincing that they were not Dons fans. Dons lost the game but I was hooked.

Great story Jute

Love to hear of folk overcoming adversity in early life.

First game was Morton in 82/83, to be honest i cant remember its what my father told me. Or it could of been in 84

Funny thing as time went on, he never took me to a hun or tim games, thats a day i got stuck at hame with mam, she never even got a trip into toon that days to shop at whatnaecunt wants!

Oldest loons game was V St Johnstone under C Brown! Jeezo shocking game

Youngest loon was V Kilmarnock, 2-1 win, start of the season in 2013. In fact i took the whole family to that game and after we walked back to torry, we all jumped in the car and set off to Malaga Shire!

I've honestly nae idea.

My old man used to go to all the games and take me to see the reserves.

So was a Pittodrie regular from about 1964/5

When the reserve games moved to watching the 1st team I couldn't say.

I remember when the A team beat the Dons XI in a pre-seasoner at Pittodrie sometime late 60's.  To be fair the reserves had a pretty decent line up. They used to get a few decent crowds. It was a pretty comprehensive win although I can't recall the actual score.

First game was against Falkirk, early 60's I think we won 3-0 and I was hooked.  Watched the game from the Enclosure in front of the Main Stand and remember my da lifting me over the turnstile and sitting on the wall at the front to watch the game as it was too high for me to see over.