Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Calderwood to Coventry ?

True say gangster, but it is basically his team, and surely because we've lost a couple of key players, we shouldn't be that shite should we? I suppose it all boils down to the board again  :-\

Calderwood and Miller's strategy of having a small pool but more based upon quality can easily be derailed by the departure of a few/couple of players. Every season we lose our "best" player or damn near it.

Clark may not have been evryone's cup of tea but he's been missed and Hart, he's left a gaping hole.

Heikkenen, he wanted to go, irrespective of money I suppose. McNaughton, Anderson, Hart, Clark. Nicholson? Miller? Smith? Severin?

The board are such an anonymous we group of cunts. They need to front up, much like the team, baws oot, looters in a riot stylee. 

fo shizzle man. So basically I think it is safe to say, the club are a bunch of bottlers from top to bottom? It absolutely riles me that we have not spent it even on the youth system. I know they said they would, but I want evidence of it, not in form of players, but facilities. Christ, its not that difficult. We're never going to get out of debt unless we start producing players to sell or compete at the top through paying for transfers. The former probably costs less in the long run as well.

Whilst I don't really WANT him to leave after the last couple of weeks, is anyone THAT desperate for him to stay?

Milne and a certain Wm Miller are utterly culpable in expecting Calderwood to continually maintain a challenge for a season similar to that of last season when that simply is unrealistic when the squad is reduced to 18 year old boys from Middlesboro (well thought of though he may be, he's just a wean and doesn't even seem that good!) coming straight into a team and taking all the set pieces (what the fuck is THAT all about?), Dave Bus (?), Chris Maguire (dear fuck, he doesn't need loaned, he needs a B&Q apron).

Calderwood is on to a loser either way. The board won't just contemplate the idea of keeping one or two of our best players. It is shit.

The standard is being lowered. They are responsible. I'm fucking pissed off.   

Well said, saved me a few minutes puting my thoughts down.  I don't want Calderwood sacked, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep if he decided to walk.  The big nobs at todders need to start showing some ambition though, and soon.

Well said, saved me a few minutes puting my thoughts down.  I don't want Calderwood sacked, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep if he decided to walk.  The big nobs at todders need to start showing some ambition though, and soon.

Yeah, I pretty much agree but I think he deserves better than what he's being subjected to now.

If he walked tomorrow he'd still deserve a thanks for the efforts of the last 3 years. He does not deserve public ridicule.

Anyway, whatever, the biggest village in the UK right enough.

Yeah, I pretty much agree but I think he deserves better than what he's being subjected to now.

If he walked tomorrow he'd still deserve a thanks for the efforts of the last 3 years. He does not deserve public ridicule.

Anyway, whatever, the biggest village in the UK right enough.

Completely agree BB.

Just wish that once in a while he would accept a little responsibility for what  actually IS his fault.

This is what's fucking me off big style.  I just can't see any light at the end of the tunnel at the moment.

The fans are all ambitious and want the club to progress but seem to be split into two groups.  Depending on which group you're in you'll either be seen as a Realist (or JIG  ::) ) or Over Ambitious (or JMG  ::) ).  Nobody I believe thinks we could be achieving what the club did in the 80s but I'm sure we all think we could again, one day.

The problem is that the club isn't even willing to step up to the lowest level of the least ambitious fan and that for me just spells another 10 years of treading water.

For me it just looks like the plan is to buy shite, polish it, sell it for whatever we can get then repeat the process.  If we get cup runs or into Europe then that'll just increase the players stock for us to sell on again.  If that's the case then I've got better things to do with my time.

Guest fatshaft

No I think the idea is to raise JC's profile down in England so he can be considered for other jobs. Obviously Coventry aren't going to look at betting companies to hire their next manager.

Got it in one. The more his name pops up, the more his name will continue to pop up.

Guest fatshaft

So Coventry aren't "going to look at betting companies to hire their next manager" but others will if you keep betting on him?

Nope, I still don't get it.

You understand fine.