Wednesday 15th May 2024:  kick-off 7.45pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Livingston

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v "The" Rangers

Totally agree. Far too much respect given, from the very first minute.

Logan and McGinn have been worryingly shit.

Need someone of Maddison's quality desperately.

Playing Hayes at the back makes zero sense. Shambles first half McInnes.

If they couldn't score with that much possession, the only way they will is if we keep on giving them chances. They're shit and we should be making them suffer. Pathetic display so far.

What a goal. The fact it was never a free kick made it sweeter.

Downsides in the second half was how much they wanted it more than us. And Rooney was so slow it was embarrassing. You're a lucky manager tonight McInnes. They were there to be destroyed and but for the young kid who you inexplicably didn't start, that would've been two points lost. Fucking awesome result and absolutely delighted to beat the shite that is hun.

Great result to finish off a very good week. However, I only saw the last 40 mins and we were shite! Does my head in watching us try to hold a lead against anyone in Scotland. These tactics can GTF! Thanks to Maddison for bailing us out big time! We have good attacking players and are weak at the back so doesn't it make sense to attack and score more?

Great result to finish off a very good week. However, I only saw the last 40 mins and we were shite! Does my head in watching us try to hold a lead against anyone in Scotland. These tactics can GTF! Thanks to Maddison for bailing us out big time! We have good attacking players and are weak at the back so doesn't it make sense to attack and score more?

Was like that for the whole game, really wasn't a great watch but the goal made it all worth while. Let's hope our toilets are ok! Performance wise, utterly frustrating.  3 points in the bag though,  bet the bounce was mental!

14425390_1171313719581737_7789041623872920762_o.jpg

CtMrc4BWYAACcge.jpg:large courtesy of JeffHolmes24

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1175640839161270&id=261167210608642

Apologies for the source, but it's worth it

Yep, unsurprising. It'll be headline news tomorrow with a side note to the huns getting pished on by Maddison. What a free-kick. One inch to the right and the keeper would have got a hand on it.

Up until that point, Maddison had done fuck all, like Pawlett in the first. Mainly down to the tactics and the good movement in their midfield to be honest. Pawlett played really high up alongside Rooney in the first, leaving a big gap to McLean and Shinnie who were all over the place. That meant Hayes and McGinn spending most of the half as extra wing backs. Maddison replaced him, and I thought he'd play just in front of the two, but as soon as we scored he was moved out left for long spells. That left McLean and Shinnie exposed for the rest of the game, and they just let the huns come at us and were generally bypassed in attack too. Got to get Storie in for next week's game, he needs to be ready for games like today's where natural position was more important than perceived ability. We can't rely on Jack being fit all season and playing Shinnie in midfield.

Anyway, fuck the huns, we deserved it for not being utter hun cunts.

Really have to stop giving the opposition so much respect. Looked like we were frightened of Rangers and cannot remember us making a challenge in their half. No idea why Pawlett started. As Rocket has said McInnes was lucky today that they were pish. Better team would have beaten us. Great finish from Hayes and Madieson's free kick was inch perfect. Bounce after both was brilliant. Head is sore this morning.

Really have to stop giving the opposition so much respect. Looked like we were frightened of Rangers and cannot remember us making a challenge in their half. No idea why Pawlett started. As Rocket has said McInnes was lucky today that they were pish. Better team would have beaten us. Great finish from Hayes and Madieson's free kick was inch perfect. Bounce after both was brilliant. Head is sore this morning.

Echo this.  Hayes didn't look fully fit - if so, what message does this give to the likes of Burns and Storey? We got away with a very poor performance, we're so passive it's incredible, we really need to change our outlook.

Three wins out of three is great, and never want to be too harsh on the team when that's happening, they've done the job that was asked of them so fair play.  Would like to see us step things up starting next week at a very poor Killie side.

Thought Considine did well yesterday and it was a better shift from McLean too. Shinnie really has to stop diving into tackles, he becomes too frantic in the middle of the park. That's the last two matches he's been walking a tightrope for the majority of the game.

The bounce for the winner in particular was just brilliant. Best thing AFC have done in recent years was cutting the scum's allocation - could hardly hear them and we were in the same stand as them.

As much as I never missed them when they were away, I was really looking forward to yesterday, thank fuck we pulled it out the bag.

Echo this.  Hayes didn't look fully fit - if so, what message does this give to the likes of Burns and Storey? We got away with a very poor performance, we're so passive it's incredible, we really need to change our outlook.

Three wins out of three is great, and never want to be too harsh on the team when that's happening, they've done the job that was asked of them so fair play.  Would like to see us step things up starting next week at a very poor Killie side.

Thought Considine did well yesterday and it was a better shift from McLean too. Shinnie really has to stop diving into tackles, he becomes too frantic in the middle of the park. That's the last two matches he's been walking a tightrope for the majority of the game.

The bounce for the winner in particular was just brilliant. Best thing AFC have done in recent years was cutting the scum's allocation - could hardly hear them and we were in the same stand as them.

As much as I never missed them when they were away, I was really looking forward to yesterday, thank fuck we pulled it out the bag.

Excellent post Bobby and sums it up perfectly in my view.

Hugely frustrated frustrated with our performance for large spells of the game, backing off and backing off inviting them on top of us. Have heard it suggested that that was the game plan of McInnes to allow them loads of possession, if so, personally don't like that, but ultimately we got the result and given the opposition yesterday I guess thats all that really mattered.

Plenty of banter on A90 south after game with scarves out the car window, most of it pretty good natured.

Stopped at lights at Altens, and a Mercedes pulls up alongside, driver leans across and signals to put down window. Wagner (X Factor)  lookalike leans across and shouts "wankers". My boy quick as flash shouts back, thats nothing compared to you mate, you're a HUN wanker ;)

Could feel the seethe all the way down the road, before we lost them at Brian Grant's McDonalds.

Hiya loons. I'm back.  :wave:

The Hun game was my first game for a while. And what a game to come back to! I'll be honest.. I was very very nervous about the game and completely unable to enjoy the build up or "banter" or join in with the optimism of the people who thought we were going to smash them.

Whilst walking to the game I was talking about how McInnes tends to mould his team round the opposition instead of concentrating on our own game. That's pretty much what happened and the way I saw it we were second best for the majority of that game. They passed, moved and kept possession better than us. The tactics in the first half didn't work. The change made at half time (having Rooney flicking on the long hoofs instead of Pawlett) paid off immediately then it was normal service resumed when we invited them on and indeed gave them respect that they didn't deserve. A draw would have been a fair result but some quality from us that they never showed despite all their possession won it for us in the end. I lost the plot when the free kick went in. Amazing.

The ref was infuriating. We were being penalised for next to nothing. We weren't allowed to even try and get the ball or keep the ball. Free kicks being given every time. So to get a questionable free kick at the end there was the least we deserved. McInnes' tactics were wrong IMO opinion. We got away with it.

I fucking hate Rangers.

• 2 weeks later...