Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Olympics 2016

Now conscious apparently

Crash on the same descent in the men's race yesterday too. Lot of anger about how dangerous the course is and concerns for the 'time trial' which is on the same route (or at least part of it). Sections of it are actually a cobbled footpath which they have added narrow tarmac lanes to the edges.

Incidents so far

- Road/pontoon collapsed at the sailing/ rowing venue

- 2 crashes in the cycling

- 1 broken leg in the gymnastics (ok that could happen anywhere)

- Serbian rowers capsized in qualifying. Event now delayed due to high winds

- Synchronized diving disrupted by sirens outside the venue and music played randomly within the venue

Question. Over here, they only really show on TV events that Australians are taking part in.

Is It like that back home with the British athletes? When I lived back home, I never remembered that happening.  :dunno:

It has really put me off the Olympics.  :-\

Question. Over here, they only really show on TV events that Australians are taking part in.

Is It like that back home with the British athletes? When I lived back home, I never remembered that happening.  :dunno:

There is a definite focus on British athletes, but you're able to watch live coverage of basically every sport on the BBC red button. I presume it's because the aussies aren't very good anymore ;)

Glad to read the cyclist is at least conscious, was surprised at the lack of edge protection, the size of those kerbs  :o

Some swim by Peaty too. absolutely smashed it!

Adam Peaty swam the 3 fastest ever times in 100m breaststroke, saving the best until last.

There's a limit to how quick a human can go through water. That must be it surely.

Stunning achievement by a superb young champion. That's what pure sport is all about.

Agreed.

I love seeing any champion beat a WR regardless of nationality, the Olypics is about the "best" being "better" by competition

That's how it is in the US as well with the exception of the Tennis (we are getting Sir Andrew but only because the US have no decent Tennis players). And even though the events are going on live, we are getting them on a time delay with a bunch of adverts.

Really disappointing for David Florence. Not been the best of starts for Team GB so far!

Andy Murray looking good though.

Not impressed with the timings of the swimming finals - are they trying to fit in with US TV schedules? Finals at 3-4am here are 11pm-midnight local time. Seems a bit late!

Really disappointing for David Florence. Not been the best of starts for Team GB so far!

Andy Murray looking good though.

Not impressed with the timings of the swimming finals - are they trying to fit in with US TV schedules? Finals at 3-4am here are 11pm-midnight local time. Seems a bit late!

Yes, they were commenting about that on the weekend.  It's really frustrating!

Team GB have been quite representative of being British at the moment, a bit underwhelming. It's pretty much always the case after a home games is it not?  Enjoyed what I've seen so far anyway, and Japan beat NZ in the 7's  :thumbsup:

Yes, they were commenting about that on the weekend.  It's really frustrating!

Team GB have been quite representative of being British at the moment, a bit underwhelming. It's pretty much always the case after a home games is it not?  Enjoyed what I've seen so far anyway, and Japan beat NZ in the 7's  :thumbsup:

I heard that on the radio on my way home from work... My first thought was that I bet I knew someone who was already sick of a certain someone's gloating  ;)

I heard that on the radio on my way home from work... My first thought was that I bet I knew someone who was already sick of a certain someone's gloating  ;)

She's away in Korea at the mo, needless to say she has a few messages to greet her when she wakes up  ;D

I've enjoyed the games so far. I've realised after thoroughly enjoyed London 2012 too that I enjoy the Olympics more than the Euros or the World Cup. Never thought I'd see the day tbh be honest!

Annemiek van Vleuten sustained some serious spinal injuries and a concussion but tweeted a photo of her sitting up smiling allbeit with a hell of a shiner. It sounds like she'll make a full recovery. The crash was brutal. I was watching it live and was obviously chuffed that a Dutch woman was leading. Then crashed out and a minute or two later when the American woman who was second (can't remember her name) went past and van Vleuten hadn't moved. Looked absolutely awful.

Anyone know why the diving pool turned green? ???

I've enjoyed the games so far. I've realised after thoroughly enjoyed London 2012 too that I enjoy the Olympics more than the Euros or the World Cup. Never thought I'd see the day tbh be honest!

Annemiek van Vleuten sustained some serious spinal injuries and a concussion but tweeted a photo of her sitting up smiling allbeit with a hell of a shiner. It sounds like she'll make a full recovery. The crash was brutal. I was watching it live and was obviously chuffed that a Dutch woman was leading. Then crashed out and a minute or two later when the American woman who was second (can't remember her name) went past and van Vleuten hadn't moved. Looked absolutely awful.

Anyone know why the diving pool turned green? ???

Algae

There is a definite focus on British athletes, but you're able to watch live coverage of basically every sport on the BBC red button. I presume it's because the aussies aren't very good anymore ;)

Glad to read the cyclist is at least conscious, was surprised at the lack of edge protection, the size of those kerbs  :o

Some swim by Peaty too. absolutely smashed it!

Mate.... You don't know how bad It was here when they were winning everything.  ::) They can get rather bigheaded about shit like that.

That's how it is in the US as well with the exception of the Tennis (we are getting Sir Andrew but only because the US have no decent Tennis players). And even though the events are going on live, we are getting them on a time delay with a bunch of adverts.

No offence, but I kind of thought the yanks would be the same as the Aussies in that way.  ::)

Mate.... You don't know how bad It was here when they were winning everything.  ::) They can get rather bigheaded about shit like that.

One of the reasons I would never move to Oz! They are equally as bad as the Americans. Yanks of the southern hemisphere.  Unbearable with victories, people go on about the English, but fuck me, these guys take it to another level.

One of the reasons I would never move to Oz! They are equally as bad as the Americans. Yanks of the southern hemisphere.  Unbearable with victories, people go on about the English, but fuck me, these guys take it to another level.

It was that bad that I ended up wanting England to win in both the cricket and rugby.... I feel dirty....

It was that bad that I ended up wanting England to win in both the cricket and rugby.... I feel dirty....

Haha i'll happily support England in the cricket but Rugby, not sure if I could bring myself to do it. That said, i'm not in Oz so can't really comment.  It's always a shame that there is no way for them both to lose  ;D  At least the convicts are out of the 7's ;)

Excellent gold medal for Joe Clarke last night, stunning effort.  The Italian guy who lost his shit was hilarious, so Italian  :rofl:

Time Trials yesterday looked brutal, only caught the womens during my lunch break but the weather was pretty horrific.  Hopefully the weather improves today!