Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Motherwell - Dons - Sat

Oh well we were never winning the league anyway. Lack of squad depth has done for us in the end as to many running on empty today. Brown was always capable of a game like today and should have been emptied last summer. Taylor and Reynolds were awful again. As for Robson what a stupid cunt. Act of total idiocy from our most experienced player that ensured we lost the game. At least Hearts lost.

Just home fucking gutted. Season probably over. A shambolic performance by our defence and our loss was self inflicted.

Lucky you being home. To add insult to injury all direct trains to Edinburgh have been cancelled so I am currently getting the grand tour of Lanarkshire and Mid Lothian. Cunt of a day.

Guys, hearts beat celtic next week, heres hoping. and were right back in it. have faith this tic team will drop points.

You're joking - you reckon we can then go to Tynecastle and win  ::)

Celtic unfortunately showed yesterday that they can grind out results when they need them

We were 1 nil up at half time and McInnes decides to try and shut up shop - what is the actual point of that  :hammer:

We are way better as an attacking team than one who tries to defend a lead - our central defence is utterly woeful

We really shouldn't be inviting pressure onto our centre halves and keeper.  Everyone with any sense would put them under pressure because they have and will make mistakes. Couldn't believe he didn't start with the line up I thought he would. We have the best left back in the country, play him there.

The chant goes, that's why we're champions, septic showed us all why they are.

You're joking - you reckon we can then go to Tynecastle and win  ::)

Celtic unfortunately showed yesterday that they can grind out results when they need them

We were 1 nil up at half time and McInnes decides to try and shut up shop - what is the actual point of that  :hammer:

We are way better as an attacking team than one who tries to defend a lead - our central defence is utterly woeful

I think we are more than capable of winning at Tynecastle, they ain't all that as St J showed yesterday and they are playing Inverness away 3 days prior to the match.  It's a winnable game for sure and we may yet get Rooney back in time for it too so I'm not writing that one off just yet. 

It was such a suckerpunch yesterday and watching it unfold was torture.  I've been getting horrible wee flashbacks all day... this one is going to take a while to get over. 

Completely agree about shinnie, there are just so many better options in midfield but him.  That's not a criticism of his midfield displays but there's no one that can go in midfield that that even comes close to covering his loss to the defence  multiplied by Considine having to play LB.  Flood or Storie would have been better options yesterday. 

I know we're mostly singing from the same hymn sheet on this one, but can anyone give me a legitimate thought/reason for DM starting Shinnie in midfield when he has 3 - not just one, but three - centre midfielders on the bench?

He is the one who has rightly been banging on about Shinnie being the best LB in the country, so next match plays him in midfield. Wonderful.

Reynolds, Taylor and Brown - god awful. the fact we were even in with a shout of challenging for the title with these imposters in our back line is something of a puzzle.  The first goal was almost identical to the Killie goal last week and the second... deary me. Reynolds outmuscled again and Brown makes the boy's decision for him.

Simon Church contributes nothing. Absolutely fuck all. He had a few attempts on target... I've patted dogs harder than he hit those shots. Another forward signed by McInnes who is clearly not up to the task.

I feel sorry for Jonny Hayes. He really does not deserve to be on the losing side this weekend (as usual), but his team mates let him down. Same goes for Logan. Utterly pointless them looking to their captain for inspiration as well. He passes the buck better than he passes the ball.

It has been a long, long time since I've been as down after a Dons result as i was last night. An entirely avoidable outcome. 

Tough one to take. Had a bad feeling from the second McGhee started moaning about nae having enough players. Then the last gasp winner from Celtic earlier in the day won't have helped. Celtic playing 1st most weeks is an advantage. Season over. I know we've said that a few times but I think that's it no. Was so annoyed over the weekend that I said I wouldn't bother going back this season. Football can hurt sometimes! Motherwell are fucking useless as well FFS sake.