Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Ayrshire's 2nd team

I personally thought Jack was quietly very effective. I think most of us agree he's not Captain material (at least not yet) but to Bobby's point about Considine and Taylor struggling with Magennis, I thought Jack really helped protect them.

Also agree that Shinnie and Logan are immense and Robson played well.

Another scrappy win but fuck it, we got it.

Robson again stuck out like a sore thumb in terms of quality. McLean was also good again and there were wee flashes from both Hayes and McGinn. 

The two full backs though were superb. Really can't fault either of them for their work ethic, their attitude or their quality. Absolutely top notch and I hate to think where we'd be without them.

Negatives: Taylor. Absolute horse. Never found a red jersey all day.

Brown. Woeful at their goal, has no command of his area at all.

Biggest negative though was the abuse given to McGinn by some fans. Seems it's ok to call him a 'Taig' and a 'Fenian'. We kid on that we're above bigotry and we're trotting shite like that out about our own players? Get to fuck.  It is irrelevant that McGinn is the best player we've had since Eoin Jess, let's abuse him because he's a Celtic fan.  How we must all hark for the days of Scott Muirhead.  I fucking despair.

Jesus wept. It doesn't surprise me. The bunch that sit behind me fucking love it when Jack or McGinn makes a mistake to they can slate them. Did it with Goodwillie too. I'll never understand it. Getting on the players' backs is something the opposition actively seek to do and we have the power to stop that happening by shutting the fuck up up but we don't. Our fans are often a fucking embarrassment.

Fuck them though. Let's focus on the positives. 3 points from a tough game. Fulls backs played out of their skin. Tremendous stuff. Another "cup final" on Saturday.