Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Ayrshire's 2nd team

Dons wins

Dundee fail to beat hearts

St Johnstone draw with Ross County

Equals Guaranteed 3rd Place

Add a Partick win/ draw to that and the league title actually falls back into the dons own hands (Just have to win the remaining 8 games

IN/OOT: Oot

Pre-match: Probably working

Match: Probably working

Post Match: Hopefully NOT working

Prediction: I expect frustrating times

Can see this being a game where we need to be patient as Killie will come up to sit in and try to frustrate us. We should however have enough to beat this team as Killie are the worst team in the league.

Oot

Flat

Radio/Soccer Saturday

Edinburgh City v East Kilbride

2-0 Dons McLean and Hayes

Very much as Jute says. Killie are rank rotten but somehow have managed to get a few decent results against the timothy. Calm heads and we should be fine. Wish that Killie would actually get relegated this season, shame the arabs are so bad.

Oot

Flat

Listening online

Hopefully seeing the taffs beat Edward.

2-0, McLean and Church

I really hope Partick put in as much effort against the dhims, any dropping of points by celtic would be brilliant.

Hopefully there will be plenty on the day sales

I'd hope so! I would have been expecting about 14-15k for such a game, especially after two successive away results.

McIness said yesterday that McGinn and Robson were both still doubtful today, with Robson the likelier of the two to make it. Would think that this is again a Robson type game so hopefully he's fit enough, even if it is for another successful 15 min cameo!

Didnt they get rid of that?

or is it you can now only buy them at the ticket office on the day rather than handing cash over at the turnstiles?

You can buy online and print I believe? Not sure if you can actually buy them at the ticket office...

Edit:

From the clubs fez book page:

All the ticket info you need if you are heading along to Pittodrie this afternoon.

Tickets can still be purchased online via afc.co.uk/eTickets, by visiting the Ticket Office or by calling 01224 63 1903.

Print@Home is also available!

Full Info - http://www.afc.co.uk/news/7456

?#?COYR?

Good second goal but not a great game, but the result is all that matters. Just like the St J game, cruising with a one goal lead then totally let Killie back into the game. Second goal proved that if we put it on the deck we can play but far too often it's long ball. After Killie's goal we played with much more urgency, I'd love to see us play much more of the game that way. Once we went 2-1 up we stuck Reynolds on and just pretty much punted the ball long for the last 10-15 mins. I'd love us to pass it and really push on for more goals because we keep teams in games. We have the skill to knock it around and that keeps possession and kills time, so much of our long ball is just giving away possession. Made it harder than it needed to be, and every game is a nail biter!

Good second goal but not a great game, but the result is all that matters. Just like the St J game, cruising with a one goal lead then totally let Killie back into the game. Second goal proved that if we put it on the deck we can play but far too often it's long ball. After Killie's goal we played with much more urgency, I'd love to see us play much more of the game that way. Once we went 2-1 up we stuck Reynolds on and just pretty much punted the ball long for the last 10-15 mins. I'd love us to pass it and really push on for more goals because we keep teams in games. We have the skill to knock it around and that keeps possession and kills time, so much of our long ball is just giving away possession. Made it harder than it needed to be, and every game is a nail biter!

Thought when he came on we seemed to lose a bit of shape. Their goal came as such a shock but you're right, the players kept calm and pushed them a bit more. Some decent play I thought, despite the pitch being horrendous.

Will also add that credit to Taylor for his goal, and another important one from Logan. Right after Logan's goal he got a last second tackle/clearance for pretty much a Killie equalizer. He'll be a big loss if he leaves this summer. We do have the best right back and left back in the country in my opinion.

Was also impressed with McLean, has to be buzzing with confidence. I do believe Robson must be a good influence on him too, when Robson went off McLean slotted into his position with ease. Drop McLean deeper and put Andrew Shinnie just behind Rooney next season?

Just back fae A&E. Missed the game due to an unforeseen fitba injury. Caught the last 30 seconds on the radio, which was just about as much as I can take when I can't see what's happening.

Earlier in the season, I'd have been concerned about these scraped wins, but now it's like we're battling our way to the end of a very good season, against some stuffy teams on some awful surfaces. Hopefully we keep the pressure right on until the split. Motherwell away looks a tricky prospect.

Another scrappy win but fuck it, we got it.

Robson again stuck out like a sore thumb in terms of quality. McLean was also good again and there were wee flashes from both Hayes and McGinn. 

The two full backs though were superb. Really can't fault either of them for their work ethic, their attitude or their quality. Absolutely top notch and I hate to think where we'd be without them.

Negatives: Taylor. Absolute horse. Never found a red jersey all day.

Brown. Woeful at their goal, has no command of his area at all.

Biggest negative though was the abuse given to McGinn by some fans. Seems it's ok to call him a 'Taig' and a 'Fenian'. We kid on that we're above bigotry and we're trotting shite like that out about our own players? Get to fuck.  It is irrelevant that McGinn is the best player we've had since Eoin Jess, let's abuse him because he's a Celtic fan.  How we must all hark for the days of Scott Muirhead.  I fucking despair.

Taylor got the opener as well to be fair and despite his woeful distribution today I thought he had a pretty alright day at the office.  He plays much better alongside Considine and overall we looked as solid as we have in a while today.  Regardless though the CB positions surely have to be our top priority in the next window.... Oh for another Russel Anderson.  I agree about Brown on the goal and it was a sad reminder of what we put up with for 10 years with langfield.  That said he has looked far better since coming back into the team and it's potential suicide to change Keeper at this point in the season.

Jack looked a little more like his old self for large parts of the game which is encouraging though I thought Smith did pretty well when he came on.  His arrival coincided with the 10 min spell of dominance that led to our second goal and he played his part in the build up.  Maclean played really well as has been said, it looks like he's actually starting to believe in himself a little bit now.  He's also starting to remind me a little of Robson with some of his play. 

Have to say I thought Killie looked alright in the second half and I don't think Celtic will like playing them at all.    Maggenis has improved to become a very effective player at this level and I can see him giving mulgrew et al a torrid time .  I always liked his attitude and aggressive style but now his first touch and distribution have improved he's quite a handful  (dare I say it but you could argue he would add something to our squad these days).  Faubert looked pretty handy and he's likely to improve with gametime, i can see killie digging their way out of 11 place though i hope I'm wrong. 

Very disappointing to hear shit like that being said about McGinn.

Thoroughly disappointed to hear that bobby. Against our own player as well who thrives on confidence, fucking idiots.

I was pleased to see jack actually having a pop at goal. We need to see way more if that (providing it's the right thing to do). Peepaw said that they spend a lot of Friday working on set pieces, Robson aside, they need to do a lot more.

Think the last serious killie chance summed up why I love logan, never afraid to make a tackle (absolutely necessary one I might add) in the box and preventing a certain goal. Brilliant and a joy to see.

It was hard to see on the replay but I thought we should gave had a penalty in the second half, anyone else get a clearer view? Was in the referees spell of madness

Taylor got the opener as well to be fair and despite his woeful distribution today I thought he had a pretty alright day at the office.  He plays much better alongside Considine and overall we looked as solid as we have in a while today.  Regardless though the CB positions surely have to be our top priority in the next window.... Oh for another Russel Anderson.  I agree about Brown on the goal and it was a sad reminder of what we put up with for 10 years with langfield.  That said he has looked far better since coming back into the team and it's potential suicide to change Keeper at this point in the season.

Jack looked a little more like his old self for large parts of the game which is encouraging though I thought Smith did pretty well when he came on.  His arrival coincided with the 10 min spell of dominance that led to our second goal and he played his part in the build up.  Maclean played really well as has been said, it looks like he's actually starting to believe in himself a little bit now.  He's also starting to remind me a little of Robson with some of his play. 

Have to say I thought Killie looked alright in the second half and I don't think Celtic will like playing them at all.    Maggenis has improved to become a very effective player at this level and I can see him giving mulgrew et al a torrid time .  I always liked his attitude and aggressive style but now his first touch and distribution have improved he's quite a handful  (dare I say it but you could argue he would add something to our squad these days).  Faubert looked pretty handy and he's likely to improve with gametime, i can see killie digging their way out of 11 place though i hope I'm wrong. 

Very disappointing to hear shit like that being said about McGinn.

He did get the opener and credit to him for that, but both he and Considine struggled to handle Josh Magennis. I'm not sure a team chasing a title should be struggling to such an extent with a pretty limited player. Magennis, also to give him his due, was a pest with constant movement, something we lacked up front.

Agree about Smith, thought he had some nice touches and he was finding pockets of space well. Also agree about Faubert, looked very tidy indeed.