Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Arabs v Dons 02/03

Not looking forward to this one. United seem to have turned things around of late and have put together some decent results. We are not playing well at the back and injuries to Rooney and Hayes are hurting us up front. Not addressing squad weaknesses in January is really coming home to roost now. Taylor desperately needs dropped but just cannot see the manger doing it. I would go with McGinn through the middle to replace Rooney. Church does not look like a player that will get you regular goals.

In

Boozer near ground

Shed

Lift back to Capital - cheers OD.

2-1 Arabs. McLean for Dons.

Yeah, this is now a massive game for us. We do not need to give Hearts any encouragement to try and take second from us.  I cannot see Taylor being dropped unfortunately, last week was definitely the time to do it. Whilst he was definitely to blame for their goal, Jack, as captain, should know better than to go lunging in the penalty box. Especially with what appears to be at least 1-2 players able to cover.  With regards to January, well i know some will say we only missed out on one target, but to say we only needed two players is laughable.  We always knew / feared squad depth would come into play.  Let's hope they can prove us all wrong and start another positive run.

Anyway:

Out

flat

Fives

Flat

2-0, no Dons scorer.

Too much negativity in this thread

A difference of opinion isn't negativity. You can't both be right with your 3-1's.

It might be the case that it's your optimism that is misplaced.

Whilst the bookies agree with you as a most likely outcome, Aberdeen are still odds against.

Personally I think 13/5 for DUFC is outstanding value.

Interesting that Paddy Power give the shortest odds on AFC and the longest on DUFC.

Not that I've bet for a very long time but I know football and I know form.

Just can't see the rationale for anyone being too optimistic about tonight.

If I didn't have to drive to Dundee tomorrow and then up the road and then through Dundee again on Friday, I would have gone tonight but couldn't be arsed going up and down three consecutive days, particularly to witness a rather predictable performance.

Would love to be wrong but I just can't see it. We're not a very good team and our squad has been exposed as not having enough depth, exactly as most of us have been saying ALL season.

2-0 United. That's not being negative. It's just a realistic prediction that I hope is wrong.

Whilst I can understand the lack of optimism after the post few months I have to agree with Al. Playing well as Utd have been all the pressure is on them tonight after the county result. They REALLY need the points and I think we will tear them a new one on the counter.

3-1 dons. MacLean double and church

I'm going down. Been a while since I've been to Tannadice, so looking forward to it. Started snowing in town, so expect it to be f'n freezing. Don't have time for a drink between leaving work and getting there, so nothing to take the edge off the conditions and performance. I was happy with Church's performance on Saturday, so I think we'll win. 2 - 0.

------------------Brown-------------------

Logan---Considine---Reynolds---Shinnie

-------------Jack-------Flood-------------

----McGinn------McLean-----Pawlett----

-----------------Church------------------

Church and Considine with the goals.

The Dundee Utd I saw at Pittodrie at the end of last year was the worst Utd side I've ever witnessed.  They've got a couple of results recently but we'll put them to the sword tonight with a reaction off the back of two sub-standard performances.

McLean and McGinn to come on to a game tonight.

4-1 Dons.

-------------Jack-------Flood-------------

-----------------Church------------------

9/11: -

Logan---Taylor---Considine---Shinnie

-------------Jack-------Robson---------

-----------------Church-----------

Close. Only one change to your guess: -

-------------Jack-------Robson-------------

-----------------Church-----------

Robson,  whos that?!?  :o

I genuinely thought we'd never see him again

A difference of opinion isn't negativity. You can't both be right with your 3-1's.

It might be the case that it's your optimism that is misplaced.

Whilst the bookies agree with you as a most likely outcome, Aberdeen are still odds against.

Personally I think 13/5 for DUFC is outstanding value.

Interesting that Paddy Power give the shortest odds on AFC and the longest on DUFC.

Not that I've bet for a very long time but I know football and I know form.

Just can't see the rationale for anyone being too optimistic about tonight.

If I didn't have to drive to Dundee tomorrow and then up the road and then through Dundee again on Friday, I would have gone tonight but couldn't be arsed going up and down three consecutive days, particularly to witness a rather predictable performance.

Would love to be wrong but I just can't see it. We're not a very good team and our squad has been exposed as not having enough depth, exactly as most of us have been saying ALL season.

2-0 United. That's not being negative. It's just a realistic prediction that I hope is wrong.

Rocket my comment was tongue in cheek.

My apparent optimism was more bravado then belief.

Do however think that the pressure in firmly on United and would love to bring their apparent revival to an end.

COYR

Well Al, I've become more optimistic as the days gone on.

Some of the comments here are right. DUFC are under much more pressure and they did indeed produce one of the worst performances we've seen at Pittodrie for a while in the last game. We weren't good that day - Jack was very poor - but at least we had the cracker from Hayes to brighten it up.

We will obviously miss Hayes and Rooney but it's up to PP and old legs Robson to prove themselves. If they're capable. And the jury's almost unanimous on these two as more and more months go by.

1-1 draw now my best case scenario although Taylor and Considine? Could easy be 3-1 them.

Great night for us, didn't see it coming at all. Listened to the radio tonight as couldn't make Tannadice, the Celtic game was the main commentary game and there just isn't that same relentlessness you'd expect to hear from Celtic when they're at home needing a goal. Certainly not what you'd have got in seasons past. Commentators saying they were pretty directionless and Dundee looked like the team who'd win it in the second half and even missed a sitter with ten minutes to go.

Bring on next Tuesday.