Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Dundee

I was out tonight so just finished watching the game now

Another good 3 points and we can now relax over the weekend - it will be interesting to see if we have anyone new in for our next game

Last ten mins a bit frustrating again and how can McInnes watch Goodwillie play like that and not replace him earlier - what is the point of him even being on the pitch

I love Shinnie being captain  :thumbsup:

I'm maybe just comparing Consi's performance to his Tynecastle one in fairness and that out of the three centre halves we've used in the last couple of matches, he's looked the best over that period

That's probably fair enough, he's probably the pick of the bunch over the last few weeks but he still hasn't performed as well as we need him to if we are to progress.

Corners Against: Dundee really crowded Brown tonight at corners and guaranteed Celtic will do similar in our next match. Celtic have had a lot of success doing this to Brown in the past - is it time for Collin's debut?

We should have defended corners much better today, I think we were lucky Dundee didn't capitalise on that. Brown just isn't comfortable coming for crosses unfortunately.  Bain impressed me today and one thing that really stood out was how well he came for crosses and corners.  I'm starting to believe he could be a solid keeper at this level and certainly looked equal to anything ward produced for us this season, admittedly it was only 90 mins though.

Goodwillie was very poor, although I got the impression it was more to do with a total lack of confidence than a shocking lack of effort.  Nothing seemed to work for him and the frustration seemed to get to him. Sadly it's obvious he won't get the run in the team he would need to regain confidence so it's probably best he's moved on.

I love Shinnie being captain

He's a fantastic player and captain, no doubt about it!

The myth that MacLean is wasted as a cm has surely been dispelled.

Celtic will not like playing on that pitch

Maclean is a rolls Royce of a player, he coasted through today and can comfortably play CM.  I do think he's better further forward but he was very very good tonight and he has shown he can play well and contribute in central midfield.  I also think Storie compliments him very well, I'd start those two against Celtic.

You're right too. The pitch has looked better and Celtic certainly won't relish playing on it. Sadly I suspect with our defence lately we may struggle to take advantage of that.