Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Dundee

Hopefully the team can take full confidence going into this game after going a man down and winning 3-2 away from home.  They also need to start exactly as they started the county game!

ExpressTicketInstructions.JPG

In/out: Out

Prematcher: Work

Match: hoping to listen online en-route to manc

post match: out in town somewhere

Prediction: 2-2, Hayes and Rooney

Really do need another 3 points.  Not sure if we perform better when we know we can't go top or something but the team just need to worry about themselves.

The first two predictions make me laugh. 2-2 & 3-0. That's exactly it, we don't know which team will turn up. Consistency, a quality shared by winners is infuriatingly absent at AFC. I'm much more with you Al in that I do expect a comfortable win but I wouldn't bet against any other eventuality either, including an away win. The only thing I do know for certain is that these fancy long johns, ridiculously-priced Icebreaker "base layer" will be getting worn tomorrow night. Never worn anything under breeks before. Never needed to. I'm hard. I'm NE. I'm getting older too though!

The first two predictions make me laugh. 2-2 & 3-0. That's exactly it, we don't know which team will turn up. Consistency, a quality shared by winners is infuriatingly absent at AFC. I'm much more with you Al in that I do expect a comfortable win but I wouldn't bet against any other eventuality either, including an away win. The only thing I do know for certain is that these fancy long johns, ridiculously-priced Icebreaker "base layer" will be getting worn tomorrow night. Never worn anything under breeks before. Never needed to. I'm hard. I'm NE. I'm getting older too though!

It should be straightforward, but we are and always have been unbearably unreliable (as you say). Dundee seem to be scoring a lot of goals and you just don't know which AFC team will turn up  :dunno:

Prediction.

Massive queues outside due to the express ticket system failing

Yep, good to see them trying it though, the perfect antidote to the ridiculous non-pay-at-the-gate queues at the ticket office. They should have had this available from the start of the season.

2-0 the dons, Rooney and Considine.

Two of our easiest wins of the season have come against Dundee and as long as we put in a similar level of performance as Sunday I would expect this trend to continue.

oot - I hate Friday night football

flying back from London

hopefully in on time so can watch on tv

sleeping after 4am start

2-0 Dons Hayes and McLean

Prediction: Fucking freezing.

It won't be as cold as the January cup tie v. Hamilton 8 or 9 years ago. Because that's not possible.

All I remember from that game is how utterly freezing it was and that only 6,500 of us turned up.

Oh aye, and that Josh Parker played and played well in a 1-0 win or perhaps 0-0, pretty shite anyway.

It won't be as cold as the January cup tie v. Hamilton 8 or 9 years ago. Because that's not possible.

All I remember from that game is how utterly freezing it was and that only 6,500 of us turned up.

Oh aye, and that Josh Parker played and played well in a 1-0 win or perhaps 0-0, pretty shite anyway.

Josh Walker min? Josh Parker was this season's dud.

Doh, yes, Josh Walker. He was about 20 on loan from Boro I think. Played and scored v. Bayern that year.

See? Telt ye it was freezing. Even forgot the cunt's name.

He wasn't too bad until he got injured if i recall correctly? Walker that is.

I see he's now playing in India of all places!

He wasn't too bad until he got injured if i recall correctly? Walker that is.

I see he's now playing in India of all places!

Pretty sure that game in Lapland conditions was his debut and it was a very good debut. The only stand out in an otherwise shite and forgettable game... apart form the cold.

I think it's waterproof trousers the morn as well as the base layer!

Good 3 points but a bit frustrating not to score more. Bain had some good saves again, Rooney should have scored in the second half but got his feet all wrong then blazed over and Goodwillie should have done better with a volley.

Another decent performance from Considine although he was lucky his miskick in the first half didn't come to more.

Don't wish to jinx it, but think St Johnstone may have a decent chance at taking something tomorrow.

Good 3 points but a bit frustrating not to score more. Bain had some good saves again, Rooney should have scored in the second half but got his feet all wrong then blazed over and Goodwillie should have done better with a volley.

Another decent performance from Considine although he was lucky his miskick in the first half didn't come to more.

Don't wish to jinx it, but think St Johnstone may have a decent chance at taking something tomorrow.

Agree with most of that but I wasn't too impressed with considine, not sure if it was being beside an accident waiting to happen but I thought our centre halves looked shakey tonight.

I thought storie looked decent again, second assured performance in a row.

Agree with most of that but I wasn't too impressed with considine, not sure if it was being beside an accident waiting to happen but I thought our centre halves looked shakey tonight.

I thought storie looked decent again, second assured performance in a row.

I'm maybe just comparing Consi's performance to his Tynecastle one in fairness and that out of the three centre halves we've used in the last couple of matches, he's looked the best over that period.

Storie did well again and I hope DM rewards him with a start v Celtic.

Corners For:  We need to be doing better with our delivery and movement at corners.

Corners Against: Dundee really crowded Brown tonight at corners and guaranteed Celtic will do similar in our next match. Celtic have had a lot of success doing this to Brown in the past - is it time for Collin's debut?

I'm maybe just comparing Consi's performance to his Tynecastle one in fairness and that out of the three centre halves we've used in the last couple of matches, he's looked the best over that period.

His first half block for an almost certain goal was of a bravery we rarely see. For that alone, he deserves big respect.

Did any of the TV pundits spot the horrendous ref mistake just after we scored? Hayes got clipped hard when he was just away to burst through and it was McGowan who did it. He knew full well what he was doing. Incredibly, the big fucking carthorse Holt goes towards the ref and takes the booking whilst I'm screaming "No. 18, it was no. 18 you fucking arse".

We figured that McGowan must get booked a lot and right enough, just before he end of the first half, he gets booked.

Good competent display tonight but one stand out negative was Goodwillie. What a disgraceful performance. When Cammy came on it was chalk and cheese. What a fantastic desire that young kid has, the total opposite of that lazy alleged-rapist useless bastard.

Scott Brown was faultless once again and is instilling confidence all round. I thought it was defensively very solid and Dundee never really got a realistic sniff. Shinnie was an excellent captain leading by example but all over the pitch, they were showing good attitude, DGW excepted. McGinn was quiet by his potentially high standards but it wasn't for reason that he was hiding, it was just one of those nights for him.

Points of note for me were as follows.

Brown looks far more relaxed in goals than he did at any punt last season, marshall's influence perhaps.

The myth that MacLean is wasted as a cm has surely been dispelled.

It's just not working with goodwillie, Smith looked far more dangerous in ten minutes of play.

Celtic will not like playing on that pitch

Yes the pitch was skittery, very wet underfoot and prone to defensive slip ups.

You were right about Scott Bain by the way bb, a very good keeper. He made three great saves to prevent an Ash Taylor first half hat-trick, unbelievably! Of course we let him go, when that weegie tink Leighton was stealing a wage and ensuring Clangfud stayed between the sticks.

Did Leighton not go in a huff when we ditched Bain as he thought he was a good keeper? Could be wrong, I'm sure someone mentioned it.

Brown did well, although I thought he could have been slightly quicker of his line at times. The one that sticks out was when the ball went under Considine's foot (it took an horrendous bounce to be fair to him), Consi got a touch toward him, and Brown seemed to hesitate before diving on it, nearly injuring himself in the process. Seemed to be  a lot sharper after that though, so probably woke him up a bit too.

Agree with the Goodwillie comments, again the ten minutes to make a sub is f'n frustrating too, and will definitely lose us a goal at some point in the future. Hopefully Goodwillie will be replaced in this window rather than next.

Thought McGinn worked really hard tonight despite not having a great game. Tracked back well and pressured their defenders, showing that there's a lot more to his game than just his attacking skills - something he rarely gets credit for.

Mclean MOM for me - for us. Bain for them.