Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

France 2016

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoyed the Croatia - turkey game, how they didn't win by more is beyond me. Madrid really should be more celebrated than he his, that was some strike.

Modric!

Northern Ireland got what they deserved. McGinn might not get the opportunity to play at all judging by the subs made. Shame, but probably justified given a bit of a lacklustre season by his own standard.

Is Niall McGinn injured?

You start a match with a lone striker who only played 3 club games last season (1 goal) and when you go a goal down you bring on two english lower league strikers who have scored a total of 2 goals between them since December 2015.

Josh McGennis would at least have given the Polish Defence a physical challenge  :hammer:

Modric!

Northern Ireland got what they deserved. McGinn might not get the opportunity to play at all judging by the subs made. Shame, but probably justified given a bit of a lacklustre season by his own standard.

I thought the game was SCREAMING for a McGinn intervention.

They needed someone who could hold the ball, who could skin a man and stick in a good ball.

NI were dreadful. They desperately needed to change the dynamic. None of them on the pitch could.

Is Niall McGinn injured?

You start a match with a lone striker who only played 3 club games last season (1 goal) and when you go a goal down you bring on two english lower league strikers who have scored a total of 2 goals between them since December 2015.

Josh McGennis would at least have given the Polish Defence a physical challenge  :hammer:

I think he's found himself on the bench a lot for them recently - going by that game O'Neill doesn't seem to have much time for wide men, which is very strange considering his own playing career.

Modric!

Damn predictive text and me for not checking it! But yes, Modric!

I was screaming for McGinn to be brought on, would have been the perfect game for him.  You're probably right though, his season sort of petered out, much like the rest of the teams fortunes. Shame Davis didn't take that opportunity towards the end. 

Damn predictive text and me for not checking it! But yes, Modric!

I was screaming for McGinn to be brought on, would have been the perfect game for him.  You're probably right though, his season sort of petered out, much like the rest of the teams fortunes. Shame Davis didn't take that opportunity towards the end.

Really nicely worked free kick that. I'll be stealing that for Red Stars next season.

It seems, bizarrely, that Modric is still somewhat underrated. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves - such a lovely player able to dictate the direction and speed of matches.  Saw a statement today that when Dennis Wise was involved with Newcastle (director of football or something like that) he advised the manager not to sign Modric as his promise 'would never come to anything'.  Remarkable, really, but not wholly surprising given what a horrible player Wise was.

Shame Davis didn't take that opportunity towards the end.

Fuck them. Taking Rocket's advice to gamble more, I had £50 on a Croatia, Poland and Germany treble, which is more important (I had McGinn last goalscorer of course). 5-1, so hoping the Germans don't make a cunt of it.

Fuck them. Taking Rocket's advice to gamble more, I had £50 on a Croatia, Poland and Germany treble, which is more important (I had McGinn last goalscorer of course). 5-1, so hoping the Germans don't make a cunt of it.

Got the same treble... thought the first two games would have been more comfortable victories, think this one may be a tight affair too.

Really nicely worked free kick that. I'll be stealing that for Red Stars next season.

It seems, bizarrely, that Modric is still somewhat underrated. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves - such a lovely player able to dictate the direction and speed of matches.  Saw a statement today that when Dennis Wise was involved with Newcastle (director of football or something like that) he advised the manager not to sign Modric as his promise 'would never come to anything'.  Remarkable, really, but not wholly surprising given what a horrible player Wise was.

I just don't understand it.  But it does show what Denis Wise knew about football, absolutely ridiculous statement. Quite clearly an outstanding player.  A Real supporting mate said he's his favourite player.  He's been wanting rid of Ronaldo for a couple of seasons.

Hoping this game is a bit better than the red hands vs Poland game.

I respectfully disagree on behalf of myself and BB.

In the bag. Great treble.

Deutschland aren't Engerlund.

My wife, who's instinct is proven and awesome says England are going to win this.

Before last night.

She's right in that they have the best players.

But I'm sorry, Hodgson is going to win fuck all.

Because he doesn't deserve to.

The man is just a fucking Fud of a human.

Love how autocorrect gives a capital F for Fud.

Must have been invented by a NE man :)

In the bag. Great treble.

Deutschland aren't Engerlund.

My wife, who's instinct is proven and awesome says England are going to win this.

Before last night.

She's right in that they have the best players.

But I'm sorry, Hodgson is going to win fuck all.

Because he doesn't deserve to.

The man is just a fucking Fud of a human.

Love how autocorrect gives a capital F for Fud.

Must have been invented by a NE man :)

Agreed, Fud is capitalised here too, I expect it's a last name. Also had £40 on Germany to win by two clear goals, so a bonus at the end! I might put it all on Wales to beat England. They won't fail with my run of luck.

Would be hilarious but also fantastic if Wales won. Our office has a lot of welshies so should cause quite a stir!

I wonder if that's the last time we'll see schweinsteiger this tournament, some run and celebration after getting on the end of özils millimeter perfect cross :D

My flutter today has been a treble of ht draw, ft Spain. Sweden and belgium v Italy to be a draw

I had similar. I should have known better than to bet against Italy. A great tournament team. Belgium showed exactly why they won't win anything. Totally unorganised, lack of desire, lack of creativity. It was like watching the dons when Hayes and McGinn don't turn up. Frustrating, and a manager who won't make a change until it's too late, and a lack of plan B. The Italians were ace. Hope they do well.