Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

iPhone 5s - Replacement Screen

Edinburghdon

Here be the problem.

Folk that queue overnight to buy a 500 quid rose gold iphone that needs to be protected with a 99p rubber johnny makes me warm inside.

I'm not entirely sure if they make protective cases or screen covers for Samsung phones because their screens aren't made from a material that you have to protect like your first born.

Surely it makes sense to add a layer of protection to an expensive bit of hardware? You can buy the 99p ebay ones or you can buy the £25 Apple ones.. Essentially they do the same job. I prefer my 99p one because it's a lot more minimalistic than the funcy Apple one. Almost looks like there's not a cover on it. A big part of how I justify the expense of iPhones is their re-sale value. No other phone has a higher re-sale value. And the better condition it's in the more you'll get for it. So when the time comes to move on to another handset a large part of the cost is offset by my old phone. I never had to carry it around like a new born and I've dropped it and sat on it countless times and even volleyed it one time! (Male instinct when you drop something and your hands are full  ::) )

So from my experience not only is the iPhone the best smartphone on the market because it's hardware and software are designed to work together but it's as robust as anything else that's out there. If and when my phone breaks I'll update you all.  :thumbsup:

Surely it makes sense to add a layer of protection to an expensive bit of hardware?

No, what makes sense is for the manufacturer to make the expensive bit of hardware without the built in redundancy of having to have items added to it, or replaced, or updated every two minutes.

But with a loyal bunch of suckers only too happy to throw money at them, why would they?

No, what makes sense is for the manufacturer to make the expensive bit of hardware without the built in redundancy of having to have items added to it, or replaced, or updated every two minutes.

But with a loyal bunch of suckers only too happy to throw money at them, why would they?

Fit aboot the Android loyalists that pay the same for inferior products that are just as fragile (arguably more so) than their Apple counterparts just because they're not apple?

What Samsung or HTC phone doesn't break when you drop it, like?  ???