Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

diet sevco v AFC

DONS boss Derek McInnes today challenged his men to continue their perfect start to the season at Tynecastle.

McInnes admitted he’s relishing the prospect of facing Hearts for the first time since April 2014 when they play them in the Premiership on Sunday.

He’s hoping his side can make it eight league wins in a row and maintain their five-point lead at the top of the table.

“I think we have all missed Tynecastle if we are honest,” said McInnes, who will find out today if winger Jonny Hayes’ appeal against his Celtic red card has been upheld by the SFA.

“It’s a great place to play football. The game is already sold out, we will have a strong support down there so the atmosphere will be brilliant.

“It’s the first of three away games in six days.

“It will be a big demand on the players but they are great games to be involved in.

“It will be particularly tough for us at Tynecastle.

“I have the greatest of admiration for the job Robbie Nielsen (the Hearts manager) has done since taking over.

“But it’s important to go and try to make it eight wins out of eight down there. That will be our intention.”

The Dons were confident Hayes’ appeal against the red card shown to him for a foul on Mikael Lustig would be successful.

The Reds winger was so upset he offered to pay the £1,000 fee charged by the SFA for appeals to be heard.

That was declined by the Dons and they hope Hayes will avoid a two-match ban when the SFA deal with the appeal at Hampden.

What a guy Hayes is, I mean, seriously!  :thumbsup:

I really hope we get a result tomorrow, it's another massive test to see if they can handle the pressure of playing in front of a bigger crowd which isn't behind you. I'd say tyncastle is a harder place than the tattie dome just due to the stadium itself. Have a terrible record there, please let us get the result we need!

Really is a shocking record

Since I started following the dons the Tynecastle record vs Hearts reads

Played - 37

Won      - 8

Drawn  - 8

Lost    - 21

GF      - 28

GA      - 62

Last Victory there was almost 6 years ago. Surprise 3-0 win under Dingus (Fyvie, Mackie & Young)

Out

Gym

Training Run

Flat

Not tempting fate

Brilliant win. To go there and be 3 up at HT without Hayes and Rooney on the pitch is fantastic.

9 of the starting 11 get pass marks for me. When 9 of 11 play good or excellent, that usually always means 3 points.

Pee paw offered hee haw and Jack was the wrong side of average today. Appalling at the corner they scored from and needlessly giving away the free kick when they hit the bar.

Overall an excellent result, thoroughly deserved. This is the best defence we've had for decades. Ward is a huge part of that but the men in front of him are competent and convincing footballers. Great stuff.

The best thing for me was McGinn.

That's the best game I've ever seen him play.

Even his attempt just under the hour to put us 4-1 up was a good effort, technically and far more difficult than the sitter Pawlett missed a minute or two before.

Scoring goals AND making heaps. He's coming into another purple patch. In fact, he's already in it.

Fantastic performances from our best and potentially most valuable player.

still buzzing after that, makes Monday at work seem a breeze.  should have been more but just fantastic performance that put hearts  in there place ,  some great individual performances  Mcginn  Jack Goodwillie but whole team just got right in about, Pawlett got do wee bit better than that though. Best side I have watched since 1991 and you could argue this one would beat them. more skilful players that's for sure,  just joy gan watch them and seeing every player give there all.  away book mini bus for Wednesday but Caley game I am already thinking about .