Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Dundeh - Sat - 3PM

See? This is the games we would have lost in the past.

What a hugely different team we have now.

We have a team that will play and fight until the end of a game.  :thumbsup:

Very much so, the turn around is there for all to see.  Fantastic that we can keep the momentum going, if we can keep it up at Plastic Whistle next week, then we'll be in a great position for the dhims game.

Any review on Parker?  Saw he came on in the 77th min

Well we got there in the end ,  total dominance first half, some nice moves down left with Shinnie and Hayes and Mcginn on the right but round box not happening.  start the second half and Dundee came flying out and ran the show for twenty mins,  played some tidy fitba , they are a decent team and will be in the top 6 with room spare.  to many of our players looked flat the day apart fae  Jack Mcginn  Ward and Rooney who  was my man the match and nae just for his goals as he led the line brilliantly the day again... it shows how far we have come when we don't get out of second gear and totally deserve win the game.  negative again this week is  Logan fit the fuck has happened to him , think nearly every player fell out with him during the game .  something is up with the guy.    he was shocking and for me needs dropped as its causing us bother at the back.  As for Parker for the little  touches he had it was all positive and he looks like he could cause bother. hopefully get a longer run next week. ROONEY  :thumbsup:

I really enjoyed that. A dominant performance against a decent SPL side.

Rooney making himself undroppable with his two goals but there was a lot to praise in that performance.

Ward made a great save at 0-0 when Dundee had their spell of pressure. He also held a couple of powerful drives well.

Shinnie is immense. I think he'll be our player of the year. Consistently brilliant. Great brain.

Jack was deserving of the sponsors motm. An assured performance. I did think he slowed things down a little too much in the first half but he's another consistently good player. He's linking up well with McLean. A much more natural partnership than him and Flood, much more creativity.

McGinn was also a joy to watch. Confident and direct.

Hayes was a little disappointing but he set up the first.

Parker looks a little like the old Josh. Big, strong and fast. May well have more technical ability but hard to judge on a few minutes.

I thought that was one of the most composed Dons performances I've seen in a very long time.

Very enjoyable game today although i did expect Dundee to be better than they were. We were over them like a rash first half then they came out fired up in the second and we lost a little of our composure, but we are a disciplined team and can defend when required as much as we can attack.  Fantastic block by Ward just after the restart and as stated before some good catches when the ball was driven at him, a couple of suspect kicks, but more confident with him between the sticks than any other keeper since Kjaer.

We are turning into a very good team, no player really let us down today, but Logan deserves a little stick as causes us a few problems at times, I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone b y the time the window closes.

Ryan Jack is turning out to be a very good captain and seems to be growing in stature with every game.  SHinnie, on this form he is going to be one of the best signings we have ever made and will be criminal if he is not given a Scotland call up and Niall McGinn has such an infectous enthusiasm for football that he is a joy to watch and we would be a poorer team without him.

Great time to be a dandy.

Called the line-up.

We played some decent stuff at times and really controlled the game, but for a side so dominant the final ball always seems a bit too desperate. Despite all the pressure in the first 45 minutes Scott Bain hasn't had much to do.

We weren't actually as good in the second half but a few individuals made the difference. Good run and cross from

Hayes and Rooney does what he does.

Shinnie really is an excellent player. McGinn very good again (though was surrounded by blue shirts the whole game). Hayes a bit off again but he'll have a poor game then because he doesn't stop trying he'll still produce some magic.

Didn't see enough of the new boy to make a judgement.

Onwards to Partick Thistle. A win there hopefully before a massive week where we meet the rest of the top 4 inside 8 days.

All very good to hear! I guess the one thing remains is that despite all our possession and its something that even mark Reynolds said on commentary, we don't often turn it into goals. Still looking forward to seeing it all on alba this morning  :thumbsup:

Massive next couple of weeks

DM - post match:

http://www.northsound1.com/localnews/listen-mcinnes-reflects-on-4th-successive-win/#

Pretty pleased with that result.

We played fairly well and pretty much dominated the first half, just a pity we did not turn that early pressure in to a goal or two though.

Dundee did start the second but thankfully we settled down again and got ourselves in front after some good work by Hayes and of course Rooney to finish it off.

Overall very pleased and hopefully we can keep this going as September is going to be a tough month for us.

For all our dominance in the first half I don't think we created anything clear cut. They came out in the second half and ran the show for half an hour. When we scored we got back on top again. Please result. To grind out a win when not playing your best against a good team like Dundee are at the moment is very pleasing and the mark of a really good team. Big few games coming up. Is it greedy to say that I think we should beat Partick, Hearts and Celtic? Fucking tired of losing that that terrible Celtic team. They're shite.

The crowd really got on my wick during the Dundee game. So fucking impatient. Moaning and groaning every time a ball was passed backwards. Who do you think we are? We dominated most of the game and won. Still fucking moaning. Embarrassing at times. Support the team or fuck off. Save your moaning for Twitter and internet message boards.