Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Dundeh - Sat - 3PM

Arguably our toughest test yet this Saturday.  Dundee have looked good and certainly don't look out of place in this league. The work that Hartley has carried out so far is impressive. A team that generally like to get it down on the deck and play football whilst being quite robust in midfield, obviously Low used to have decent games against them will likely be lining up against us.  Their recent record at Pittodrie has either been a mixture of score draws or narrow wins for us.

Again, I can't see DM making too many changes this week, not sure what his strategy is with Rooney but if hes just giving him time to get match fit and comes on like he did last week, we should be fine.  I would like to see Logan pick his game up though, not sure if it's having a newborn or what but he's definitely not hit the heights of previous seasons.

Ward

Logan / Taylor / Considine / Shinnie

Quinn

Hayes / McLean / Flood / McGinn

Goodwillie

In/ Out: Out

Pre matcher: Packing

Match: Hopefully listening online

Post matcher: Local pub

Prediction: 2-1 Dons, DG and Rooney

Agree that Quinn needs to play as back 4 will need the extra protection he provides. Rooney has to start up front however. Goodwillie does not look like he has any goals in him and with chances likely to be at a premium against Dundee we need someone up front who is able to take the one chance that falls his way.

Oot

Flat

Edinburgh City v Whitehill Welfare

Flat

2-1 Dons Goodwillie double following comments above.

Do we really need five defenders at home to Dundee?

They've been decent this season but they've also leaked a lot of goals.

Flood I thought had a good first half against Motherwell, though apparently is a doubt which would explain his substitution at half-time v Motherwell. Not sure I'd risk him if he's not 100% fit, we've a big enough squad to cope.

Goodwillie actually had a good game too at Fir Park and is having a good season. He's not a goalscorer but he does help the creativity in the team, spots a pass well, and helps brings McGinn and Hayes into the game. I'd like to see both him and Rooney start as I thought they played well together last week.

Ward

Logan Taylor Considine Shinnie

Jack

Hayes McLean McGinn

Goodwillie Rooney

If Flood isn't 100% fit, then he shouldn't play. His game relies on him being able to tank around the pitch like a nutter. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that he shouldn't play at all at home if everyone else is fit - I think he's more the pressing type of player that if perfect for difficult away fixtures. That said, he had a good game against Killie.

I'm thinking Quinn ina 5 wouldn't be a bad idea. He toyed with 3 at the back in europe, and it seemed to work quite well. With 2 fullbacks high up the pitch, it could cause them a few problems.

I'd go:

----------------Ward---------------------

-------Taylor / Quinn / Considine--------

Logan------------------------------Hayes

----------Jack-------Shinnie-------------

---McGinn-------Rooney----Goodwillie--

Switching McLean for Goodwillie after he misses his first 3 sitters.

Dundee are 5/1 to win on Saturday.

Now, I'm not one to bet against my own team but that seems hoorin generous.

I think it'll be a close game.  I think Dundee look a decent side and have improved their squad. 

Hartley has pulled out decent results against us already in the recent past.

I'm sure we'll have enough to get the three points but I'm expecting a real struggle.

Sounds like Flood is very much a doubt for tomorrow along with Pawlett.  Flood has bruising to his ankle.  Could see Smith making an appearance at some point tomorrow then.

Wouldn't be too upset with that line up Rico, I know some folk saying we shouldn't need 5 against Dundee, it's more ensuring we provide Ward protection for when he spills a shot.  Quinn is brilliant at being that guy.

Sounds like Flood is very much a doubt for tomorrow along with Pawlett.  Flood has bruising to his ankle.  Could see Smith making an appearance at some point tomorrow then.

Wouldn't be too upset with that line up Rico, I know some folk saying we shouldn't need 5 against Dundee, it's more ensuring we provide Ward protection for when he spills a shot.  Quinn is brilliant at being that guy.

I seem to remember that it was Taylor at Tannadice.

Oot

Birthday lunch at french bistro

Antigone (Juliette Binoche, Edinburgh International Festival ) 

Pickerings gin at Summerhall

Dons win - I would like Goodwillie to score

I would drop Taylor cause he usually has a shocker against Dundee (happy to be proved wrong and he scores the winner and avoids any fuck-ups  ;D)

I do love being in Edinburgh when the festival is on  :thumbsup: