Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Calderwood poll after last night's shambles

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I reckon we should let him see out his contract.  All in all he's done a decent job at AFC.

The memories of the Paterson and Skovdahl eras are still very fresh in my mind. :-[

The memories of the Paterson and Skovdahl eras are still very fresh in my mind. :-[

As somebdoy else was saying obver on Mad, JC followed a crazy Dane who knew fuck all about Scottish fitba and then a Jakey that couldnt even turn up for matches, not exactly a hard act to follow. JC should not be judged on what has gone before him, but where we are going in future, and that is nowhere fast under the big Hun twat.

As somebdoy else was saying obver on Mad, JC followed a crazy Dane who knew fuck all about Scottish fitba and then a Jakey that couldnt even turn up for matches, not exactly a hard act to follow. JC should not be judged on what has gone before him, but where we are going in future, and that is nowhere fast under the big Hun twat.

Okay if we are prepared to ignore the past then what are our targets?

We are the 4th highest spending club with 5th biggest support so we should be trying for 4th in the league.  Its still achievable.

We should therefore also be trying for top 4 in a domestic cup competition.  We've done that, and still have a slim chance of doing better in the Scottish cup.

Okay if we are prepared to ignore the past then what are our targets?

We are the 4th highest spending club with 5th biggest support so we should be trying for 4th in the league.  Its still achievable.

We should therefore also be trying for top 4 in a domestic cup competition.  We've done that, and still have a slim chance of doing better in the Scottish cup.

Aye and who's fault is that. We have always had the 3rd biggest support, but not now, and that is due to the style of fitba Calderwood plays. Its not the results I have an issue with, they are still quite respectable, it is the negative brand of football that is truning fans away in their droves.

Pity.

He speaks so highly of you as well  ::)

:lolabove: A bit OTT I admit, but I've lost faith in the guy and the fucking circle jerk that him and the other 2 stooges constantly have over the Huns is beginning to really fucking grate. I can let it slide when things are going well, but at times like these I remember what a detestable plank he is.

Aye and who's fault is that. We have always had the 3rd biggest support, but not now, and that is due to the style of fitba Calderwood plays. Its not the results I have an issue with, they are still quite respectable, it is the negative brand of football that is truning fans away in their droves.

No it isn't. Calderwood's style cannot be blamed for the sudden upturn in the Edinburgh club's attendances which would still have them well out of our reach for 3rd place for crowds.

Our crowds have been dwindling for some time.

I ticked the "end of season" option. Unfortunately he has a clause in his contract basically removing the chance of him being fired if everything goes wrong this season. So, basically, he's got nothing to play for this season. There's no reason why he should continue to push his side this season, because he's got a job regardless of the final results come May. Which sucks!!!!! Because ever since he signed his new contract, we've been gash!

are you being serious here.

why on earth would there be a clause like this

It's certainly not JC's fault. That myth about him losing us thousands of fans has been busted many a time.

You'll note I also said all in all he was doing a decent job.  Even ignoring the Skovdahl and Paterson days he's still made decent progress.  When was the last time we were in the last 32 of a European competition?  When did we last contest a domestic cup semi final?

If we were to sort out our league form pronto there's even a chance we could finish 3rd.

I'm not saying Calderwood hasn't made mistakes, of course he has.  What manager doesn't though?

But "JC should not be judged on what has gone before him" and attendances were down long before he turned up.

Aye but a team which is doing as well as us, in terms of progress in Europe and the Cups should be drawing in the crowds, but the simple fact is we aint. Nobody can give a concrete answer as to why this is, but IMO it is because most games are a total dirge with the result being ground out, and this season we are even losing the ability to do that. Getting to the semi final of the CIS cup isnt going to pull in the floating punter, attacking entertaining fitba is. Nobody who goes to Pittodrie just now is getting value for money. So I'm not denying progress has been made, but its been done with terrible fitba, and now we are seriously regressing in terms of results and playing staff.

Aye but a team which is doing as well as us, in terms of progress in Europe and the Cups should be drawing in the crowds, but the simple fact is we aint. Nobody can give a concrete answer as to why this is, but IMO it is because most games are a total dirge with the result being ground out, and this season we are even losing the ability to do that. Getting to the semi final of the CIS cup isnt going to pull in the floating punter, attacking entertaining fitba is. Nobody who goes to Pittodrie just now is getting value for money. So I'm not denying progress has been made, but its been done with terrible fitba, and now we are seriously regressing in terms of results and playing staff.

Certainly the lack of entertainment is definitely having an effect on crowd numbers, but there are other factors which probably are having some effect too.  e.g. rising prices, available of games in pubs through arabic tv, other games in other leagues on tv, competition for other forms of entertainment etc...

Crowd numbers this season are on a par with the last two, and on a whole crowd numbers throughout the game are falling.  I'd love to see us average 15, 16K but it just seems so unlikely despite what the product on the pitch might be.  I'm not sure when we last had an average attendance of > 14K.  Probably not for the last 10 years.