Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Kairat Almaty V Aberdeen

just fit I predicted  :thumbsup: hey they are good side but like the way we responded second half , they got that Brazilian that makes them tick and some good players. But this is Europe and next week its the nights we dream about lets fill the stadium and get it bouncing. its going be a belter  ;D

I'll take that. 2-1 away from home and that all important away goal. Team responded well and can take heart from that. Packed house and a cheeky 1-0 win at home and all will be good  :thumbsup:

Also, McLean's strike was a peach. Hopefully this is just the start for him!

I thought we were weak.

2-1 isn't the end of the world but McIness hot the shape wrong to start with.

At 2-0, we sorted things, aided at least in part by them sitting back so 2-1 isn't the end of the world but I think we could have done better. Three at the back isn't effective though I think they got a little lucky with the second.

The guys in the bar, nae my mates, were blaming Langfield for the first two. Funny old game.

I thought we were weak.

2-1 isn't the end of the world but McIness hot the shape wrong to start with.

At 2-0, we sorted things, aided at least in part by them sitting back so 2-1 isn't the end of the world but I think we could have done better. Three at the back isn't effective though I think they got a little lucky with the second.

The guys in the bar, nae my mates, were blaming Langfield for the first two. Funny old game.  :rofl:

I'd agree with that, more so in the first half. Could we have a penalty towards the end?  I didn't manage to watch the replay.

Looking at getting flights up for this now , just depends on my work.

I'd agree with that, more so in the first half. Could we have a penalty towards the end?  I didn't manage to watch the replay.

Looking at getting flights up for this now , just depends on my work. if my bird lets me.

Fixed that for you.

Disappointing result tonight and think we got tactics wrong at the start. Away goal means we are still in the tie but we will need to be better than we were tonight. Hopefully get an early goal at a packed  Pittodrie next week will give us platform to go on and win tie.

mcinnies report of the game is spot on .    lets nae forget this team would easily challenge for our title, agree that Mclean to start next week and he will ,    he is direct and running at players , wish Pawlett would have the confidence to get back doing it more.  regards Jack second half that he was our man of the match played like a captain.  once again its up to us next week get right on top them , be disappointed if it not near 20k.  its a massive game . 

I actually thought Jack was a little disappointing. Some things he did well, but he faded out of the game at times. Would like to see him impose himself more.

McLean did exactly that when he came on.

Also thought when goodwillie went off, you could see why he's preferred to Rooney in the lone striker role. Barely anything stuck when played up to AR, which invites more pressure back on us.

I wonder if they're star striker will be fit for next week?

Well that was a game of two halves. They clearly have some players but we treated them like Bayern Munich in the first half. Far too much respect. I'm quietly confident about next Thursday. We're a good team as well and more than capable of beating them. Their keeper looked dodgy as fuck. Now it's their turn to make the marathon journey. How well do they generally travel? Not well I'd bet?

I didn't think Jack had a particularly good game but I liked seeing him noise up some of their players a bit. Heid first on Thursday!

Well that was a game of two halves. They clearly have some players but we treated them like Bayern Munich in the first half. Far too much respect. I'm quietly confident about next Thursday. We're a good team as well and more than capable of beating them. Their keeper looked dodgy as fuck. Now it's their turn to make the marathon journey. How well do they generally travel? Not well I'd bet?

I didn't think Jack had a particularly good game but I liked seeing him noise up some of their players a bit. Heid first on Thursday!

Lost in Armenia in the last round.