Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Kairat Almaty V Aberdeen

See this match is going to be shown on Premier Sports at 15.45 on Thursday. I'm delighted as I subscribed before the last round so will get to watch it plus they have upgraded their channel to HD - bonus! :thumbsup:

Excellent news! Mind you, at 3:45 PM I doubt there is much else on TV at the time :D  have to try and watch with a minimised screen at work.

I quite like their commentary, though analysis after the game is pretty much non existent.  Not sure if I like that or not!

See this match is going to be shown on Premier Sports at 15.45 on Thursday. I'm delighted as I subscribed before the last round so will get to watch it plus they have upgraded their channel to HD - bonus! :thumbsup:

early finish  :thumbsup:

Premier sports has been a bit of a bonus the last two years, long may it continue

I'm jealous of those getting over.  I've been in Almaty many, many times over the last 7 years or so.

The stadium, as the name suggests, is very central.

In Kazakh terms, it's a beautiful city but its nae really going to rival Rome or Paris as a tourist destination.

The main ex-pat type bars are chains.  Line Brew and Guns and Roses.  There are several locations of these bars.  They're pretty decent.  Quite near the stadium, on Furmanov Street, I think, is a German style beer hall called Augustein, or Augusteiner or similar.  I'd recommend it.  Good food, very meat based.  Decent beer.

My Kairat supporting buddy expects a close game and hopes for a win on away goals.  He says the star man is Gohou, an Ivorian striker.

Looking forward to this and I really hope we can get through, I might actually make the next round.

It's hard not to be quite confident about this tie...... That's a little worrying in itself.

Shhhh i've been trying to think about anything but a positive result.  It's hard not to though, just dont' know what to make of this team.  I know they rested a fair few on the weekend when they won 3-1, but we've got a good team ourselves and a brilliant team spirit.

My Premier Sports package won't allow my sky no. for some reason so I won't be able to record it  :hammer:

It'll be hard to argue against the same line up as the previous game.

My Premier Sports package won't allow my sky no. for some reason so I won't be able to record it  :hammer:

Apparently there is a full re-run of the game at 7 too so you just need to try avoid finding out the result until you get home.

Out

Meeting

Meeting

Flat

1-1, Goodwillie pen

Team news:

Ward, Logan, Shinnie, Considine, Taylor, McGinn,  Hayes, Pawlett, Goodwillie, Quinn, Jack

subs: Brown, McLean, Robson, Rooney Storie, Smith & Wright

Edit: Scotfree just beat me too it ;)

Let's fire into these Kazakhs!

:ultras: :ultras: :ultras: