Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SCOTTISH CUP GAME ON

This is shite.  If they have to replay then that should be tomorrow and Saturdays game should go ahead as planned.  So while the huns get games called off to help their European campaign, the SFA go out of their way to make things harder for Aberdeen.  Fucking joke.

This is shite.  If they have to replay then that should be tomorrow and Saturdays game should go ahead as planned.  So while the huns get games called off to help their European campaign, the SFA go out of their way to make things harder for Aberdeen.  Fucking joke.

Don't think I agree about the SFA going out their way to make things harder for us but I do agree with your other point about making them play tmrw. Absolute shambles  :hammer:

Why dont they move our Gretna league game to saturday, and switch things about so we dont end up having to play 2 games in a single midweek!

Good idea in theory, but given Gretna had no scheduled game between 28 january and 9 February, I guess they may have 'dispersed' for a few days.

Depending on how pissed off Miles Brookson is about getting binned out the cup by Morton.

Why dont they move our Gretna league game to saturday, and switch things about so we dont end up having to play 2 games in a single midweek!

Just said the exact same thing on Aberdeen Mad.  A particularly good idea when you realise the Gretna game is scheduled for the same weekend as the League Cup Final.

I'm confused.  We're not down to play Gretna until Saturday 15th March.

If common sense was to prevail, we'd play re-scheduled League Cup Semi on Saturday (with Hearts without a game :) ) and the Scottish Cup 5th Round Game on Tuesday night.

Or is that just far too sensible?

I'm confused.  We're not down to play Gretna until Saturday 15th March.

If common sense was to prevail, we'd play re-scheduled League Cup Semi on Saturday (with Hearts without a game :) ) and the Scottish Cup 5th Round Game on Tuesday night.

Or is that just far too sensible?

think you'll find that United are playing St Mirren in the cup.

The only teams we still have to play that aren't playing on Sat are Gretna (h), ICT (a) and Falkirk(h).  It would make sense to have the game at pittodrie as the police and club were expecting a game anyway.  The Gretna game could potentially be shifted anyway if we beat united so best to get it out the way now while we can

think you'll find that United are playing St Mirren in the cup.

The only teams we still have to play that aren't playing on Sat are Gretna (h), ICT (a) and Falkirk(h).  It would make sense to have the game at pittodrie as the police and club were expecting a game anyway.  The Gretna game could potentially be shifted anyway if we beat united so best to get it out the way now while we can

Aye, but he means United v St Mirren gets moved to Tuesday as well, so they will still be playing on the same days, just different teams.

Still think Gretna will have buggered off to the sun anyway, so it's probably irrelevant.

Aye, but he means United v St Mirren gets moved to Tuesday as well, so they will still be playing on the same days, just different teams.

Still think Gretna will have buggered off to the sun anyway, so it's probably irrelevant.

Ah ok, that makes sense, but not sure that the Nazis down at L&B Police headquarters would agree to the change.

In anycase the Scottish Cup game takes priority and St Mirren won't agree to missing out on a 5th round saturday cup tie crowd

Guest Caroline B

The ineptitude of the SFA is totally unbelievable. Why did they wait till this morning to make a decision? Surely as soon as the situation was pointed out, they could have called the meeting for yesterday, allowing the replay to take place tommorrow night and then the 4th round proper at the weekend as scheduled.

What a bunch of complete donkeys! I hope Hamilton get horsed out of the cup now. Does anyone look at team lines anymore? Even amateur footie is better organised than that!

On the plus side, I can now go and spend my Christmas gift vouchers in the shops on Saturday!

The ineptitude of the SFA is totally unbelievable. Why did they wait till this morning to make a decision? Surely as soon as the situation was pointed out, they could have called the meeting for yesterday, allowing the replay to take place tommorrow night and then the 4th round proper at the weekend as scheduled.

What a bunch of complete donkeys! I hope Hamilton get horsed out of the cup now. Does anyone look at team lines anymore? Even amateur footie is better organised than that!

On the plus side, I can now go and spend my Christmas gift vouchers in the shops on Saturday!

It's a relief to us all.  :thumbsup:

Guest Nellie The Don

The latest news is that it might be back on again, only against Hamilton.

Apparently Brechin fielded a second inelligible player, and may be turfed out althogether. SFA meeting tomorrow morning to decide.

The latest news is that it might be back on again, only against Hamilton.

Apparently Brechin fielded a second inelligible player, and may be turfed out althogether. SFA meeting tomorrow morning to decide.

piss up and brewery spring to mind

I daare say he has better things to do that check the team lines but is David Taylor not still on the Brechin board?

The team line ups should be scrutinised before the match by the referee/SFA. Why else is there a requirement to name the team before play starts? To put up funcy graphics on the TV? Or to give the stadium announcer a chance to learn to pronounce Heart of Midlithuainia's newest loan player?

This situation has shown just how exposed the game is to incompetence like this. Lessons can be learned here? But will they? This has happened before and will happen again, just don't expect the SFA to do anything to avoid it in future.  ::)

The team line ups should be scrutinised before the match by the referee/SFA. Why else is there a requirement to name the team before play starts? To put up funcy graphics on the TV? Or to give the stadium announcer a chance to learn to pronounce Heart of Midlithuainia's newest loan player?

This situation has shown just how exposed the game is to incompetence like this. Lessons can be learned here? But will they? This has happened before and will happen again, just don't expect the SFA to do anything to avoid it in future.  ::)

And you really think that any SFA delegate or Referee would be able to say "Michael Paton? He plays for the dons and signed for Brechin after the date of the first game!" as soon as he sees that name?

Get a grip eh?