Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Weather for tonight - GAME CALLED OFF

Its a wee bit wet down here today. My flat car park is flooded and the roads are full of water as the drains cant cope. If it was to continue all day there may be a slight risk of the pitch being unplayable....BBC says its to rain until 3ish. Just thought I would worry you all  :thumbsup:

Might be a blessing if it gets called off, with all these injuries...

ABERDEEN MANAGER'S CUP GAMBLE

08:50 - 29 January 2008

Jimmy Calderwood is ready for the biggest gamble of his managerial career in tonight's League Cup semi-final against Dundee United at Tynecastle.

The Dons manager has five players ruled out due toinjury or ineligibility and five more rated doubtful.

Captain Scott Severin, Jamie Smith and Derek Young, who were all injured in Saturday's home defeat by Hearts, have not yet recovered, while Dan Smith and Steve Lovell have sufferedinjuries in training.

Richie Byrne, Michael Hart, Karim Touzani and Sone Aluko are all missing due to injury and new signing Stuart Duff is ineligible. The fitness of Severin, Smith and Young is of particular concern to the Dons manager as he prepares for tonight's game against United.

He said: "It is worrying and all the boys doubtful are rated at 50-50 but we just have to get on with it.

"If it was 30-70 I wouldn't risk them as I don't want to lose players for long spells but I have honest enough lads who will be sensible when it comes to assessing their fitness. If I take a gamble and we win then fine but I would hate to lose the game and lose players for six weeks. It would be disastrous."

With a Scottish Cup tie next up on Saturday and the two ties against Bayern Munich in the Uefa Cup in two weeks, the Dons manager may err on the side of caution.

He said: "If Derek Young, Scott Severin and Jamie Smith are still 50-50 in the morning then we may have to tell them just to leave it and go with the guys we have fit.

"I hate going into the day of a game not knowing what team I can put out. I like to have my team sorted out and our set-up for set-pieces but I haven't been able to do that all season."

Having lost 3-0 at Tanna-dice to Craig Levein's side little more than a week ago, Calderwood is hoping for a much improved display from his players in Edinburgh.

He said: "United are a difficult team to beat. They won four of the last five games against us which shows how hard it is going to be.

"You don't have a divine right to be in a final but we have done well in our time here and it would be nice to get to our first final.

"We were very poor in the last game at Tannadice but it is not as if we have been outplayed by them. We have been shooting ourselves in the foot and it is these mistakes which cost you games.

"We haven't had consist-ency all season, especially in defence, and it has hurt us big time. Sadly, it shows no signs of changing."

Doesn't look good and I just can't see past us getting pumped.

Too many players out injured and those that are 50-50 aren't going to throw themselves about, in case they miss the glamour tie against Bayern.  Couple that with our inconsistancy and you've got a recipe for disaster.

The only way we'll get through is if they pull a performance out of the bag like the other cup ties.  If they do then there's no doubting, their win bonuses must be decent.

We have:

29th - Today - in doubt

2nd - Saturday - In doubt

5th - Tues - Possible for tonights game if called off

10th - Sat - League

14th - Thur - Uefa

17th - Sun - League

21st - Thur - Uefa

24th - Sun - League

27th - Wed - League

1st - Sat - League

4th/5th - Tue/Wed - possible for Sco Cup game to be played or a replay

8th Sat - Scottish Cup 6th Round

From the hearts site:

Meanwhile, a 2pm pitch inspection will determine whether tonight's first CIS Insurance Cup semi final between Aberdeen and Dundee United will go ahead at Tynecastle.

With parts of goalmouth areas, and corner flag under water at present the game is rated doubtful, however every effort will be made to see if the park can be made playable.