The Donstalk AFC Market Research Challenge

Guest BTR

Guest Shabba Ranks

Not that sure but way over £1000, i'm £15 for my bus plus add on away tickets price and then money for when in bar and for food, only missed 2 away games in league and cup, wasn't at Panna or Dnipro game away but went to home matches in Uefa cup and was in madrid which cost around £500 alone so maybe looking at over 2k already, very very expencive indeed.

Can someone please explain how Minj has a positive rating in the applaud/boo stakes? We're too nice over here.

I'd rather not think about how much I've spent but for the sake of market research here goes:

Season ticket £390

Dnipro  £26

ICT  £26

Loko Moscow £26

Copenhagen  £26

Falkirk  £18

Bayern  £35

Shop:  Kids top £26

Total:  £573  plus Hamilton/Brechin cup game next week.

Got in every league game for free, just paid for 4 european games, 2 cup games & the semi final. Any all of them are consessions, so £100ish tops. (which naturally is less than i've spent with easyjet this season...)

Nothing in the club shop, nothing I liked, was gonna get the home shirt before the Atletico game, but up close it's made of a horrid material.

Also, on a sidenote, about the mark-up on replica shirts, I thought the whole point of the puresport thing was as the only people who sell them, we make more money off them??

Dnipro £21

Lokomotiv £21

Copenhagen £21

Bayern £28

Inverness CT £10.50

Falkirk £7.50

Dundee Utd £10

Season Ticket £270

Dons Top £40

Umbrella £6

Red TV £35

Total: £470

There's a lot to be said for the amount spent just following the club which doesn't go directly to AFC. Pies/ coffee at each game plus a programme then add on another £100 over the season.

Estimated Dnipro at just under £900, Madrid at £600 and Munich will probably come to the same. All in could be looking at roughly £2.5k-£3k and that is not including travel on matchdays nor away games or even beer tokens!

We're also remaining in all competitions!

1 Season tickets £280

2 Home match tickets 0

3 Domestic Cup match tickets (Home or away but split price in half as proceeds are normally shared) Inverness Cup £21?, £15 Falkirk, £19? Partick away, £18 Falkirk away, £22 semi final on Tuesday

4 Home UEFA Cup match tickets (use full price) £21 Dnipro, £42 for Loko/Copenhagen, £28 Bayern,

5 Merchandise from the club shop. £40 home top, £40 third top x 2 (one for missus pre Madrid) £12.50 scarf and hat set for her pre Madrid.  If programmes count aswell then extra 17 x £2.50

Home Match Tickets 2 x £21 - Hearts and ICT to get Munich home ticket (I work at Pittodrie at all the home games so I am there)

UEFA Tickets - Dnipro, Moscow, Copenhagen and Munich £91

Stuff - Black and Gold Top £40

Cup Games  - Falkirk £11, Semi £11.

So all in £195, I make that.

I do plan a trip to the club shop in the near future to purchase some golf gear though.

Guest Caroline B

It has been a very expensive season for most regular attendees and my expense is no different. Me and my "old man" both go, so I'll just put my side of things and you can double that.

Season Ticket £273

Euro tickets

Dnipro        £ 21

Moscow      £ 21

Copenhagen £ 21

Bayern          £28

Partick        £8

ICT            £19

Falkirk        £18

replay        £15

Trip to Madrid  £650 including shopping!

Trip to Munich £650 approx also including shopping!

Club shop  = nothing at all from me. Hubby bought a top, but I don't like wearing them because they are made of horrible material and are not very flattering to the female form! If they made them of cotton and shaped them for females then I'd buy one.

All told over £1700 times 2. I could have had half a new kitchen for that FFS! --My half! ;D

More interested in what is going directly to the club, so the following doesn't count:

There's a lot to be said for the amount spent just following the club which doesn't go directly to AFC. Pies/ coffee at each game plus a programme then add on another £100 over the season.

Estimated Dnipro at just under £900, Madrid at £600 and Munich will probably come to the same. All in could be looking at roughly £2.5k-£3k and that is not including travel on matchdays nor away games or even beer tokens!

Just looking for what kind of turnover our own club is making, not for how much we spend on following the team which is an altogether different discussion.

If programmes count aswell then extra 17 x £2.50

So £600

Trip to Madrid  £650 including shopping!

Trip to Munich £650 approx also including shopping!

All told over £1700

Or closer to £400 from your pocket to our club, which appears to be the average for season ticket holders.

£400 / 12 = £33 quid

Not really much considering you'll pay more than that to subscribe to Sky each month, which is by and large shite.

I'm actually struggling to think what else you could do for £33/month to entertain yourself a few times per week?

A few trips to the cinema?

A couple CDs?

Some hardback books?

A curry and a couple beers?

Fuck, I almost feel guilty for being that into AFC and only paying less than £20/month.   :-\

• 1 month later...

Which gets me thinking, where can every player that featured in Gothenburg be found now?  Here's a few to get started...

Sir Alex - Most successful manager in British football history. Man United manager

Leighton - Goalkeeping coach at Pittodrie

Rougvie -

McMaster -

McLeish - Birmingham manager

Miller - What's his exact job title?

Cooper - peterhead manager

Simpson - Youth/community coach with the dons?

Weir -

Strachan - Celtic manager

McGhee - Motherwell manager

Black -

Hewitt -

Sir Alex - Most successful manager in British football history. Man United manager

Rougvie -

McMaster -

Weir - Youth/community coach with the dons in Glasgow?

Black - Assistant at Wigan

Hewitt - Recruitment manager in Aberdeen?

Rougvie - Works for engineering company I think

McMaster -

Weir - Youth/community coach with the dons in Glasgow?

Black - Assistant manager at Wigan.

Hewitt - Recruitment manager in Aberdeen?