The Donstalk AFC Market Research Challenge

Guest BTR

How much money have you put into AFC this season?

Call it amateur market research if you will, but I don't ever recall being asked this question by the AFC marketing dept at any point, so just wondered what the rest of you thought, especially after having read that dismal financial report posted on the other forum.

I'm not asking for justifications as to why you haven't spent more/less or to who is the best fan or any of that, just wondered if any of us thought we could possibly have (or would like to have) spent more money.

Not interested in programmes, club catering (pies etc), lottery tickets as they are all a drop in the ocean really and not so prone to fluctuation, I'm thinking specifically the following:

1 Season tickets

2 Home match tickets

3 Domestic Cup match tickets (Home or away but split price in half as proceeds are normally shared)

4 Home UEFA Cup match tickets (use full price)

5 Merchandise from the club shop.

CLub shop is probably the bit I'd expect to have suffered most, the merchandise on offer is pretty poor these days plus the mark-ups may not be as good since the Just Sport deal.  For example - I'm as certain as I can be that the mark-up on a replica shirt has gone from 300% during the days of Le Coq Sportif (cost price was £11 for a shirt) to around 140% since changing over (cost price is £18 for a shirt).

So, tell us your total spend so far (and be honest) and whether or not you think you could be encouraged to, or would be happy to spend more in future, given the correct circumstances.

So anyway, my total for this season so far is £240.

I reckon I could probably spend a fair bit more next season.

About £300 thus far, this includes tickets for myself and my children, and club merchandise mainly for the kids (strips, ball, other tat).  I guess that figure will rise to about £500 by the time the season's over.

Bargain.

season book - 240

strips - 110 (no got them yet, on order!)

home uefa - dunno exactly but all of them, about £70 maybe? (getting in for nothing to Bayern game)

cups - Falkirk (away), United, Partick

I get the odd thing from the club shop, got some nike golf waterproof gear which was as smart as fuck.

4 hunner odds. If the club shop had better gear or I was needing some golf clays I would have spent a good bit more.

Went to Dnipro, Madrid and am planning on going to Munich. Bank breaker of a season but as Kowalski says, wouldn't have it any other way. :thumbsup:

Couple tickets, usually buy or get the home top bought for me (to wear at 5s or in the house when I'm feeling nostalgic whilst listening to games), couple trinkets like coffee mugs/calendar/keyrings and annual subscription to Redtv.

Would be a season ticket holder if I was back in Aberdeen and attend almost all home cup games.

At the moment I'd come in around the £150-£200 mark.  A pittance really but not sure how else I could bump that up to help the cause without chucking money away?

They really should be doing more at the club to cash in.  The only reason I hold onto a VCR player is so I can watch Team Of The Decade.

Season ticket - £240

Dons top - £40

Dnipro - £21

ICT CIS Cup - £21 (£10.50)

Locomotiv Moscow - £21

Copenhagen - £21

Falkirk Scottish Cup - £15 (£7.50)

Dundee Utd CIS Cup - £20 (£10)

Bayern - £28

Total: £399

Also went to Madrid and going to Munich.

Expensive season but wouldn't have it any other way!  :thumbsup:

EDIT: removed Partick away game.

Season ticket - £240

Dons top - £40

Dnipro - £21

Partick CIS Cup - £21 (£10.50)

ICT CIS Cup - £21 (£10.50)

Locomotiv Moscow - £21

Copenhagen - £21

Falkirk Scottish Cup - £15 (£7.50)

Dundee Utd CIS Cup - £20 (£10)

Bayern - £28

Total: £409.50

Also went to Madrid and going to Munich.

Expensive season but wouldn't have it any other way!  :thumbsup:

Oh I forgot about CIS games. Erm, £8 (£4) ?? for Partick (it was away remember so not home prices) and semi final £22 (£11). Also £28 (??) for Madrid.

Oops, I've removed Partick.  I think its just home cup/UEFA games he's wanting.

Just edited mine as I guess we should include away domestic cup games too.

Season Ticket - £150

Club Shop - £100

4 Home Uefa Ties - £66

ICT League Cup - £15 (£7.50)

Partick League Cup - £8 (£4)

CIS Semi Final - £18 (9)

= £336.50

Does RedTV count? Add £35

Also been to Ukraine and Madrid and booked for Munich  :thumbsup:

Edit: Added Semi Final

1 Season tickets - studenty type, £140

2 Home match tickets - not necessary

3 Domestic Cup match tickets - only thistle and united £15ish (if halved roughly, cant remember)

4 Home UEFA Cup match tickets - Dnipro, Moscow, Munich £50ish (had bought for Copenhagen as well but sold it as i couldnt go)

5 Merchandise from the club shop - Two tops £80

Total £285ish. Not been to the club shop though to see if there is anything worth buying, may do that soon.

Guest Shabba Ranks

The only reason I hold onto a VCR player is so I can watch Team Of The Decade.

Re-release on DVD, or is that too obvious?

With a bonus DVD featuring interviews with the players and looking at what they're doing now.  Would be awesome for folks to see how that team has had a huge infuence on British football for the last 25 years...

Which gets me thinking, where can every player that featured in Gothenburg be found now?  Here's a few to get started...

Sir Alex - Most successful manager in British football history. Man United manager

Leighton - Goalkeeping coach at Pittodrie

Rougvie -

McMaster -

McLeish - Birmingham manager

Miller - What's his exact job title?

Cooper -

Simpson -

Weir -

Strachan - Celtic manager

McGhee - Motherwell manager

Black -

Hewitt -

Not that sure but way over £1000, i'm £15 for my bus plus add on away tickets price and then money for when in bar and for food, only missed 2 away games in league and cup, wasn't at Panna or Dnipro game away but went to home matches in Uefa cup and was in madrid which cost around £500 alone so maybe looking at over 2k already, very very expencive indeed.

Only managed to make it to two home games this season (Dnipro and Lokomotiv) but bought programs at both and lost them  >:D

Going to the cup semi (my first!)

I'm a poor student bastard so this is my excuse for not going more. I intend to get a new home jersey after my birthday as well.

Not that sure but way over £1000, i'm £15 for my bus plus add on away tickets price and then money for when in bar and for food, only missed 2 away games in league and cup, wasn't at Panna or Dnipro game away but went to home matches in Uefa cup and was in madrid which cost around £500 alone so maybe looking at over 2k already, very very expencive indeed.

0/10

Read the question more thoroughly next time, think about what you're going to write and show your working.