Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Arabs - Sat 3PM

who cares if we return two weeks early , if anybody wanted celtic to win because of that, should get shot. 

Caley did Scottish football a favour today. Fuck Delia and fuck the dhims!

I have to say, that arm, whilst not malicious, was probably a bit of a silly one to give away. I can see why the referee gave it.

Just saw the highlights. Didn't spot the elbow at the time. I don't think we can have too many complaints? We always whinge that refs hate us. And Bobby Madden is one of the worst so why elbow someone in the face when you know he'd be only too happy to send one of our players off? Silly from Robson in my opinion. I'd be amazed if we bothered to appeal that and doubly amazed if the red card was rescinded.

Having said that what the fuck was McLean's header ruled out for? ???

As well as Barry has played for the last 2 games we've got adequate cover for his suspension and we got the three points so let's move on and beat Caley.  :thumbsup:

Just saw the highlights. Didn't spot the elbow at the time. I don't think we can have too many complaints? We always whinge that refs hate us. And Bobby Madden is one of the worst so why elbow someone in the face when you know he'd be only too happy to send one of our players off? Silly from Robson in my opinion. I'd be amazed if we bothered to appeal that and doubly amazed if the red card was rescinded.

I see he's in the EE today saying it wasn't on purpose etc...but the fact remains, it was clumsy and I think he was rightly shown the red for it.  Whether there was any malice in it is a moot point, I know if it had been against us I would have been livid.

The frustrating thing is I do believe him when he says it was accidental and to be honest I think a yellow would have sufficed but he made it easy for the ref to send him off. The ref couldn't get the card oot his pocket quick enough.

There is probably a long list of incidents where our players have been on the receiving end of similar elbows and the offenders have gotten away with it but what can you do. If your elbows are flailing aboot you might get sent off. Barry has a lot of experience and should have known better.

It'll be interesting to see if we decide to appeal. Given how much credence is given by the appeals "court" to what is shown on TV, the nearly unanimous "not proven" verdict on Sportscene would probably give us a decent chance of winning that appeal.

I'd agree that Robson probably did make it a bit easy for the referee to send him off, but I'd disagree that it was actually merited. It's not violent conduct if an arm makes contact with another player, it's reckless play, which is a booking.