Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Arabs - Sat 3PM

So the Arabs seem to be in a similar free fall to Hamilton at the moment, so it's the perfect time to play them.  They've had one win in the last 5, whereas we've had 3 wins and 2 draws.

Head to head, it's been a bit mixed, obviously they beat us 2-1 in Jan.

Would possibly stick with the same starting XI as we had last weekend. Though I can see Jack coming in for either Smith or flood, the former more likely.

In / Out: Out

Pre Matcher: Cycling

Match: Flat

Post Match: Watching the United - Chelsea game

Prediction: 2-1 Dons, Logan and Rooney

in

supporters bus/golf club

main

supporters bus

2-0 or maybe 3-1.... can see us winning by two but despite their recent run I don't expect an easy game.  Rooney maclean (it's gotta happen sometime) and hayes

I missed the game on sunday sadly but from what I hear I would keep the starting line up bar maybe taylor for daniels.  Smith should absolutely be keeping his place though, Pawlett has been not very effective the past few months and Smith has more to offer and hitting a bit of form.  Flood appears to be returning to his pre injury form, he had a good game against ICT and kept the likes of Tansey pretty quiet.  I know he splits opinion but when he's on his game he's a very effective player for us and you can see no-one likes playing against him.  Am i right in thinking he started alongside SM who was playing a more centre mid role?  If so how did they look together?

Aberdeen: Brown, Logan, Taylor, Reynolds, Considine, Hayes, Flood, Robson, McGinn, McLean, Rooney. Subs: Langfield, Smith, Pawlett, Goodwillie, Jack, Shankland, Daniels.

Dundee Utd: Cierzniak, Fojut, Morris, Butcher, McGowan, Souttar, Telfer, Erskine, Dixon, Ciftci, Bilate. Subs: Dillon, Muirhead, Scott Smith, Spittal, Szromnik, Anier, Coote.

Referee: Bobby Madden.

Jack still not fit enough? Though I suppose it would.be harsh on flood and robson

A dominant performance from us without any real stellar performances.

Flood and Taylor my top Dons, with honourable mention to Robson for his dead ball delivery. Rooney could have had a couple more. McLean was energetic and desperate to get involved but his touch let him down and his enthusiasm impacted on his composure.

Cifci cheated constantly. Diving any time a challenge looked close and recklessly throwing himself into challenges. He's a mink, plain and simple.

Robson was shafted by the officials. He had his arms up to hold off the challenging player. It was a soft foul and a farcical red.

stroll in the park today.  united  looking a sorry sight. can see them struggling next season.  aye flood prob top performer. and rooney just scores goals. what fucking signing he has been.  we got great manager and players .I am  loving it just now. and the gap between us and the rest shows how far we have came on this season.  we are far better than the rest . lets go one mare next season

Utd as pish as expected. Ref as pish as we've come to expect.

Disappointing that we can't bury a team so far below us on current form yet again.

It doesn't seem like this tram are capable of it, on paper they definitely are but for some reason appear to lack that killer touch. All that being said though, they have got back to winning games...and 3 points and a decent performance is all I ask for. I really hope it clicks for McLean soon, you can see he does want to do well but I think stooge has hit the nail on the head. Its almost like he's trying too hard which is hindering his clear ability. Hopefully he gets a goal soon and it settles his nerves.

Really felt for Smith today, put's in a match-winning performance last week and doesn't even get off the bench today.  I know the red card changed the focus of the game but it doesn't seem right he was dropped in the first place.  That said we did win the game and the change may have been tactical, Macleans physique was causing the utd rearguard some problems.  Ultimately the referee ruined what was quite a flat game and  Utd look the shadow of the team that put 3 past us at the start of the season.  Flood and Taylor both stood out and that's 3 good performances from flood on the bounce which is pleasing.  Rooney is just brilliant, a model pro who does everything right and should win the SPFL player of the year award imo

It was routine until the red card, and even then, they offered very little at all.

I think we'll switch things around quite a bit between now and the end of the season. I thought Robson was excellent today, and I'd certainly be appealing that red card.