Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Squad improvements

I feel for Low. He's a good loon. He'll get a good job elsewhere though and it's probably best for him to move and establish himself as a first team regular.

Shug, Masson and Robertson are at a real make or break stage. I hope they all prove me wrong but I'm not convinced any of them will find clubs in the top flight.

Likewise I always liked Low as a player and probably was the right player at the wrong time for us.

I predict he'll get a contract at Dundee with Hartley.

The other three I'm not so sure about to be honest.

Likewise I always liked Low as a player and probably was the right player at the wrong time for us.

I predict he'll get a contract at Dundee with Hartley.

The other three I'm not so sure about to be honest.

Probably right on that one.  Shame we never had him a few years back really.

Probably right on that one.  Shame we never had him a few years back really.

That's pretty much the nail on the head. Low's entire AFC career will be summed up that way.

Even this season when Flood and Robson were both out, he was also injured himself, when you would guess he would have stepped up to the plate and made himself a first team regular.

I reckon Dundee will be his club as well. Hartley's had him before at Alloa. He'll do well wherever he goes. One of the few young guns I'll be sorry to see go (well he's not tha tyoung anymore really).

Low's problem is that he's 23, he's not a green-about-the-gills youngster. At 23 he's played 30-odd games in six years. He's a month older than Ryan Jack, who is a kick in the arse off making his 200th appearance.

Had McInnes been our manager a couple of years earlier, I suspect he'd have had more of a fighting chance, because he's obviously got talent, he just needed to get physically stronger, put in the hours on the weights when he was younger, and learn a particular role in the team. He was thrown on the wing, in the centre, even at full-back, at different points, and it's tough to force your way into a team when you get a few minutes here and there.

I've no doubt he's good enough for the top flight though.

Danny Wilson just triggered a release Clause from hearts, not convinced he would come to us but defo worth a look

I wonder if he'll actually go back to the Huns.

Sounds like Shinnie had a cracker of a game today! Look forward to seeing him in the Red shirt  :thumbsup:

regards Wilson , think he be lucky make bench. nae good enough for me, aye manc don shinnie was excellent today what player we are getting. oh and regards jack I m hearing he is staying

I said a while ago back on Ab-Mad that he was wanting to go, but that his bird’s just had a baby and he has bought a house in Cove, and if she didn’t want to go, I’d imagine he wouldn’t be going anywhere. Hopefully that’s the case!

It'd be a fine idea if we held off on any positive Jack news (if there is any) until we need to start renewing season tickets. I'd imagine that'd go down rather nicely. It certainly would be one less problem to fix.

That'd leave us with a few small holes to fill in the summer, rather than one big one.

We'd still be after a winger, we'd still be after cover at centre-back, and there'd have to be a decision on Robson or a replacement.

Obviously, a goalkeeper would be fantastic, but that's a bigger question mark, given we'll have two under contract, and one highly-rated youngster looking for a new one.

The recent chopping and changing in goal makes me think McInnes is very unsure of either keeper.  He doesn't strike me as the sort to dick about waiting to see if things will come good so I can see him forcing a change sooner rather than later.

Robson has really won me over in recent weeks but if he does hang up his boots, or fancies a management role, we'll need to replace his experience.  Don Cowie and Chris Burke are both international players with bags of Championship experience who may be tempted by a competitive SPL side playing European football.  I doubt either will be as universally appreciated as Robson or Hartley were on their arrival but I think both have something to offer.

With the youth side performing so well, you have to think one or two of them will progress so I don't immediately see a replacement for Low being a big deal.

Will Logan definitely be here next season?  Is Murray ready to step up to make that slot his own?

On Jack, I still think it all depends on where the firm offers come from.  If he's got genuine opportunities in Italy and Seria A, he'd have to grasp it.  If it's sides in the middle of the Championship, he'll be mindful of the experiences of Rooney and Reynolds as well as numerous others currently on our books.

A new keeper is a must in the summer.

I would also like to see us bring in another wide player as I personally though it was an area we suffered in when Hayes got injured. 

Regardless of whether Jack or Robson leave I would also like to see us a sign a new CM, somebody that is a bit of a brute that can get stuck in and really impose himself on the opposition.

Shinnie coming in is a great signing. I know some people think he should slot into CM and we could leave Considine at LB but I think Shinnie would be far better in at LB. Can you imagine what our flanks will be like with Shinnie down one side and Logan down the other?!?

Considine has done well there this season and it would be harsh on the lad but as an attacking player Shinnie is in a different class. 

aye reidzer agree , shinnie down one wing logan the other will be superb.  considine been amazing canna praise guy enough but shinnie down the flank offers more especially at the likes games at parkhead when you need that extra bit class.  but andy is more than able keeping his place centre defence when he gets his chance. great player .