Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Stuart Duff latest from Redweb

Not exactly true, he was utterly gash against Killie away at the start of the season (even though he won the corner we scored from woohoo) as he was doing his usual pointing to other players where to go and wandering away from where he should have been. Again as Jute says he was MIA against Falkirk and did nothing in the game.

Agree wasn't inspired by the Derek Dung signing, but surprised me for his first few months here, but really think the initial form has worn off, and personally think he has been poor for several weeks now

I disagree.  I think he did well to start with, but of late he has been awful. 

My problem is he's keeping De Visscher out of the side without looking doing anything to justify his starting berth - IMO he would be a far better option on the right hand side.

In particular, against Motherwell at home he was bloody awful and cost us both goals...

The fact of the matter is he has done much, much better than any of us imagined and I wouldn't bet against Duff doing the same, so maybe for once we give our manager a little bit of credit for getting the best he can out of so-called inferior players.

DP, all about opinions, but de Visscher looks lost in spells when he plays.  His positional awareness is terrible.  When he came on in the Falkirk league game it only took 5 minutes for him to get a deserved swearing off Langfield for not tracking back on his man.  He just isn't switched on and that is a cardinal sin with the pace of the SPL.  He is more of a winger in a 4-3-3 than a wide midfielder in a 4-4-2, if that makes sense.

Whilst I'll agree that Duff is not the kind of player I think we need right now, I'm happy to accept that he might prove us wrong and might give us that little bit of dig we need in the middle of the park.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...