Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Fit like?

thestooge

Cheers loons, gonna shout on Phoenixx, Tubilay and Edgar to come on over too.

I dinna spend nearly as much time on message boards as I used to and I really enjoyed Aberdeen-Mad for years but it's just completely unusable now, which is a real shame.

Just back from a work trip in China.  Met a student who had studied in Aberdeen.  I asked him why he came here and he said that Mo Ross had signed for Beijing and he'd checked up on his playing history, seen he'd played for Aberdeen and then started learning more about the city.

What a bizarre reason for ending up in the North East for 4 years.

I dinna spend nearly as much time on message boards as I used to and I really enjoyed Aberdeen-Mad for years but it's just completely unusable now, which is a real shame.

Just back from a work trip in China.  Met a student who had studied in Aberdeen.  I asked him why he came here and he said that Mo Ross had signed for Beijing and he'd checked up on his playing history, seen he'd played for Aberdeen and then started learning more about the city.

Welcome back Stooge  ;D

More the merrier, come on over lads  :thumbsup:

This site has survived on our hard core members for sometime now, but would more than welcome members old and new to give it some fresh ideas and busy it up a little.

Laughing at your Mo Ross story, that lad is one lucky fucker he didn't go further back in Ross's playing career or he'd have ended up in the Weeg  ;)

Hope the student's time in Aberdeen is more memorable than Mo Ross's. 

Mo Ross is one of these guys I actually have to think quite hard about whether they actually played for us, or whether it was just some fleeting sick joke I thought up one day. See also Griffin, Danny.

Someone mentioned that David Mcnamee played for us too; this I have absolutely no recollection of whatsoever.

I remember once at New Douglas Park our support singing "we have a full back."

This was at either MacNamee or Ross, but cannae mind which one.

Seem to think it was around Xmas/New Year time and we had gone months without a recognised full back.

Must have been during McGhee's ill fated stint in the hot seat.  ::)

Hope the student's time in Aberdeen is more memorable than Mo Ross's. 

Mo Ross is one of these guys I actually have to think quite hard about whether they actually played for us, or whether it was just some fleeting sick joke I thought up one day. See also Griffin, Danny.

Someone mentioned that David Mcnamee played for us too; this I have absolutely no recollection of whatsoever.

Christ, I had completely forgotten about him!

Christ, I had completely forgotten about him!

I'll see your Griffin Danny and raise you McFarlane Neil.

Would very much doubt if McFarlane, Griffin, Ross and MacNamee had more than 25/30 first team appearance for us between them  ???

Ha, I have a real soft spot for McNamee. 

McGhee had persisted with the four CB's and we were absolutely turgid.  Brown came in and immediately brought in McNamee.  He wasn't great but having an actual full back made a huge difference.  I think we won 3 or 4 on the bounce when he arrived.  I think he played about 10 times for us and we picked up about half our seasons points in those games.

That era was littered with journeymen, from Alan Maybury to Gary Dempsey to Richie Byrne to Ricky Foster.  Most are still playing in lower leagues somewhere.

I'll see your Griffin Danny and raise you McFarlane Neil.

Would very much doubt if McFarlane, Griffin, Ross and MacNamee had more than 25/30 first team appearance for us between them  ???

Close..

MacFarlane 6

Ross 6

Griffin 10

McNamee 10

Gary Dempsey played 54 games for us!!? WTF?

Hello again , glad you are still around , great survivalists...and no advertising as far as I can see. Hope more of those disenchanted with AbMad cross-over , the more the merrier.

Today's top tip:

In addition to rock , pop , jazz and blues , I do like a bit of the occasional classical and have just discovered a new music app - 'Composed' - a free month with no credit card details required up front. 

https://www.composed.com

Check it oot min , a little bit of Wagner fairly gets ye goin' in the morning.  :thumbsup:

Hello again , glad you are still around , great survivalists...and no advertising as far as I can see. Hope more of those disenchanted with AbMad cross-over , the more the merrier.

Today's top tip:

In addition to rock , pop , jazz and blues , I do like a bit of the occasional classical and have just discovered a new music app - 'Composed' - a free month with no credit card details required up front. 

https://www.composed.com

Check it oot min , a little bit of Wagner fairly gets ye goin' in the morning.  :thumbsup:

Alright Phoenix min, good to see you sticking your head in the door.

Hope you'll become a regular visitor to Donstalk  :thumbsup:

Would check out your link, but classical is the one musical genre that doesn't do it for me.

Spend most of my time whilst working at home listening to a good old favourite from years ago

http://www.radiocaroline.co.uk/#home.html

Depsey was a nae bad player but one who seemed to age ahead of his time. His legs were gone by the time he was 28. And he's a prick. One time I was at the pictures and a few of the Aberdeen team were in the same showing. Dempsey being one of them. His phone rang. It was bad enough that he hadn't put it on silent but was even worse was that he answered it and proceeded to have a conversation whilst remaining in his seat. The height of rudeness like.  :hammer:

Blood Diamond was a really good watch.  :thumbsup:

I am a refugee from AbMad too, as said above it has become unusable. Spent 3 years posting almost every day and a couple of months back I started a thread complaining about the sites access, adverts and the inability to reply/quote, and got them all blocked and was told to email my complaint, which i did and got nothing back, so time for a wee change. Tried the hat a few years back, but i cant bring myself to converse with half of them on there, so wont be going back there again. Had a wee look on here and saw some old names and the posts look fairly decent, so looking forward to giving it a go  ;D 

Alright Phoenix min, good to see you sticking your head in the door.

Hope you'll become a regular visitor to Donstalk  :thumbsup:

Would check out your link, but classical is the one musical genre that doesn't do it for me.

Spend most of my time whilst working at home listening to a good old favourite from years ago

http://www.radiocaroline.co.uk/#home.html

Cheers BigAll , hope to be around for a lengthy stay. Just lugging in to your suggestion, first up Led Zep  :thumbsup:

Gonnae download the app(£1.99).

Have you tried Radio Paradise (x California) , appeals tae me.

http://www.radioparadise.com/m-content.php?show_mobile=yes

Am test-driving a monthly subscription to Napster , £5/month(PC/ laptop only , £10 on your smartphone).

Some big celebrity names behind 'Tidal' but at £20/month , it's too dear for a few extra bit rates.

I reckon Spotify is still the best and may return.

Caroline streaming to the US too. Fit a wondeful world. 

:smile:

I am a refugee from AbMad too, as said above it has become unusable. Spent 3 years posting almost every day and a couple of months back I started a thread complaining about the sites access, adverts and the inability to reply/quote, and got them all blocked and was told to email my complaint, which i did and got nothing back, so time for a wee change. Tried the hat a few years back, but i cant bring myself to converse with half of them on there, so wont be going back there again. Had a wee look on here and saw some old names and the posts look fairly decent, so looking forward to giving it a go  ;D

Welcome mate. A no bad wee site this. Hope you stick around.  :thumbsup: