Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hart signs on at Preston

Good to see JC is taking my advice ;)

Aberdeen have warned Preston time is running out if they want to sign Michael Hart this month.

The Dons won't back down over their asking price, believed to be around £100,000.

Preston agreed the fee last week, but now want it cut because they claim the 27-year-old might be out for up to 12 weeks because of a hip injury.

But Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood has warned Preston he will pull the plug on the deal if they don't stump up the cash by Wednesday.

Calderwood said: "Preston have been told to make a decision within the next couple of days or Michael will be staying with us.

"There will be no point in them hanging on until Thursday in the hope that we will change our minds because the transfer window is about to close.

"We've made our decision, now it's up to them."

Calderwood also hopes to make at least one more signing by Thursday, regardless of what happens with Hart.

Nicholson? ;)

I ken I put myself in the firing line with my comments about Nicholson being a certainty to sign on again, and whilst still beleive that will be the case, nae sure why it has all gone quiet on this front. Honestly beleived he would have put his scrawl on the dotted line by now :-[

Trying to think of the last striker we had who had a bullyish physical presence about them. And no I ain't talking about the cat scratches that Berra got from Lee Miller. I'm talking about a no-nonsense striker who does one job and one job good ... smashing his way into the box and taking a few bruises in the process.

Am I seriously looking all the way back to Big Dunc? Surely we must've had this sorta striker since then?!

Did Shearer out stay big Miki Maati?

Aye.

And Shearer probably was the last we had. All the others - Newell, Di Rocco, Miller - may have been tall (and probably still are) but they never really knocked defenders about the place the way McGhee or Shearer would. I'm getting all misty eyed now...

... and just as we begun to realise what sorta damage Di Rocco could do, he was gone as quickly as he arrived.

Seriously, there's nae been anyone like Shearer since the big redheaded man himself. I mean, every shot was on target. It was up to the skills of the goalkeeper to decide whether it went in or not. Compare that to todays Aberdeen strikers where one in 6 or 7 shots is on-target.

Old or not, I still reckon Hartson would do a bloody good job with us. None of this itchy-bitchy scratchy scratchy shite that Miller uses against Berra. I would much rather the opposition defenders KNEW our strikers were there by wearing a few bruises.

Hmmmm. Deano was kinda on the verge of being this sort of player. He was more of a scrapper. He kicked and tugged his way into the box. Shearer just bulldozed everyone out of his way. And Deano was played in midfield way too often for my liking. But it was awesome when, with 4 minutes left, we could go to our subs bench and both Deano and Big Dunc were sitting there. You could pretty much guarantee that, if either of these two were chucked onto the field, we'd either get an equaliser or a winner.

Michael Hart 100K

Alan Hutton 9million

Thereby Hutton is 90 times the player that Hart is according to the transfer market  ???

Ridiculous really - just shows that the EP fees are beyond reality, plus watching that Sunderland V Birmingham game last night Top 6 teams in SPL could give them a game..

Michael Hart 100K

Alan Hutton 9million

Thereby Hutton is 90 times the player that Hart is according to the transfer market  ???

Ridiculous really - just shows that the EP fees are beyond reality, plus watching that Sunderland V Birmingham game last night Top 6 teams in SPL could give them a game..

Or you could use the logic that we beat Copenhagen 4-0, and Copenhagen beat Man Utd in the CL, so therefore, we must be better than Man Utd? Seve, Young, Miller or Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney? Hmm...