Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hart signs on at Preston

With the roll of games coming up and the possible cash insentives for the club (and personally for Hart I suppose), I'm indifferent whether he leaves now for cash or plays to the end of the season.

Happy to get the £200k or happy that it'll keep our squad together during the cup runs and league position which'll give us more time to replace him.

With the roll of games coming up and the possible cash insentives for the club (and personally for Hart I suppose), I'm indifferent whether he leaves now for cash or plays to the end of the season.

Happy to get the £200k or happy that it'll keep our squad together during the cup runs and league position which'll give us more time to replace him.

With the display that 'Mare put in on saturday I'd happily forego the £100-150K we might rangle out of them just to avoid that spectacle again.

There is no way we'll get £200k for him now, more likely to be buttons. Hart and PNE are holding the aces now unfortunately

Having said that though they are the ones facing relegation, reckon we should tough it out with thme one this one, and see just how much they need/want him right now

Actually - the more i think about it, the more i think it might be a good idea to hang on to Hart until the end of the season.

For us to go into the CIS Cup semi final, a potential Scottish Cup run, the Bayern Munich matches (Not expecting a further UEFA cup run - just wanting to save humiliation!!), and the league run in with Sir Lee Mair at right back, the more i think we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot.  I've got no doubt he'd give 100% for the cause, and if he helps us in these competitions, it's be worth far more than the 175k that we're talking about getting for him in January.

Also gives us time to seek a decent replacement instead of just getting someone in for the sake of it.

Interesting decision to choose Preston over Plymouth. Might well be joining up with a League One side at the end of his Dons contract.

Looks like Preston are spending to try and dig themselves out though. I'd expect to see them crawl out of the bottom (so to speak).

Inclined to agree with Drew about Hart. Keep him and possibly get the benefit of a player who is determined to leave with a bang.

Looks like Preston are spending to try and dig themselves out though. I'd expect to see them crawl out of the bottom (so to speak).

Inclined to agree with Drew about Hart. Keep him and possibly get the benefit of a player who is determined to leave with a bang.

After the last few games I'm inclined to agree wi him too but I am not comfortable with playing players who are not wholly commited to the club.

After the last few games I'm inclined to agree wi him too but I am not comfortable with playing players who are not wholly commited to the club.

That's the only niggling thing at the back of my mind that i'm not totally comfortable with either - however i get the impression from Hart that his situation wouldn't change his committment on the park.

have the same view, I think Hart would give it his all but there must be a niggling doubt at the back of any players mind in a similar situation when a 50-50 is there to be won. Unfortunately, I think it's probably best we agree compensation with PNE and part company with him. He's been a good player for us and i'm very sad to see him go to be honest, but it's really time for everyone to move on from it.

Also, you know there will be a few bellends who'll give him abuse if he continues to play for us. That doesn't achieve anything for us and we can do without it.

have the same view, I think Hart would give it his all but there must be a niggling doubt at the back of any players mind in a similar situation when a 50-50 is there to be won. Unfortunately, I think it's probably best we agree compensation with PNE and part company with him. He's been a good player for us and i'm very sad to see him go to be honest, but it's really time for everyone to move on from it.

Also, you know there will be a few bellends who'll give him abuse if he continues to play for us. That doesn't achieve anything for us and we can do without it.

Pretty much to the point.

One huge point to be made here though. The automatic replacement it seems is Nightmair.

A potentially less than wholly commited Hart HAS to be a far superior option than a completely useless Mair.

My solution - buy Steven Hammel and put Ricky Foster in at right back in the meantime.

My biggest fear in all of this is that our dire need for a proper left back is forgotten about as we look for a replacement for hart at right back.   ::)

Don't worry, Richie Byrne has been offered a new deal....  ::)

My solution - buy Steven Hammel and put Ricky Foster in at right back in the meantime.

My biggest fear in all of this is that our dire need for a proper left back is forgotten about as we look for a replacement for hart at right back.   ::)

I agree to a point.

Hammell still has 2 knock backs to give us unfortunately.

Byrne ain't a full back and despite some very good showings there, neither is Foster.

For me Hart's defensive capabilities are not in any doubt, just his ability to put in good crosses.  Our defence needs to be solid.  Can anyone remember what the spl prize money is, does it not increase about 200k per position in the league?

I say keep him until May.  Unless a suitable replacement can be sourced.

I'd be far happier is Hart stayed till the end of the season, unless Jimmy has a good replacement waiting to come in as we don't have any sufficient cover atm.

People seem to think now he's leaving he'll be sticking in own goals left right and centre. Plenty of players have played for us in the past when they've known they are going. As someone said above, he'd probably be one of the most determined players to get a medal if he stayed until the summer.

For me Hart's defensive capabilities are not in any doubt, just his ability to put in good crosses.  Our defence needs to be solid.  Can anyone remember what the spl prize money is, does it not increase about 200k per position in the league?

I say keep him until May.  Unless a suitable replacement can be sourced.

I seem to recall Jimmy saying finishing 6th or finishing 4th doesn't have any financial benefit to the club(unless of course it meant Uefa Cup) as the additional prize money is mostly put into player bonuses.

• 2 weeks later...