Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Zander staying

"Despite what was in the papers I was always keen to stay. I am just happy now to have signed the deal and the situation is sorted."

Papers over-dramatising contract discussions... as if...

"There was interest from other clubs who contacted my agent but Aberdeen have stood by me over the past 18 months when I had a loss of form and was injured so I was keen to discuss things with them first. I am very happy here. I am really looking forward to the next few years and hopefully helping the club win some trophies."

Loyalty from a fitba player... fitever next!

;D

Delighted Zander has signed, even if it did take a bit of haggling. TBH out of the 4 contract rebels, he is the one I wanted to sign on most. Most committed of the 4 and also the one who has the potential to make us a fair bit of money in a few years time.

Captaincy for next season has got to be a possibility as well

So loyal that the club had to up the offer and give him a few more days to think about it.

Paul Scholes reportedly walked into his contract talks citing he didn't want any more money and asked to borrow a pen.

It's probably a bit different when he's already set up for life with the cash he's made is it not?

So loyal that the club had to up the offer and give him a few more days to think about it.

Paul Scholes reportedly walked into his contract talks citing he didn't want any more money and asked to borrow a pen.

Tad harsh in my opinion ST.

However important thing is the boy has signed on for another three and a half years, and personally speaking absolutely delighted he has. Lets ensure he gets an extra loud cheer when the name is read out on Sat. :thumbsup:

Great news, although always thought he would say.  As has been said he can be a bit feel at times but he's nae stupid.  He knows he has things good at the moment, equally he knows where he'd end up if he left (and equally how his chances of a move to sellick would plummet).

If he continues his improvement next season he'll be captain the season after.